Toronto Al Quds Rally

betsy

49 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

A word invented by a proto-Nazi named Wilhelm Marr in order to make Jew hate sound scientific...I kid you not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Marr

These days conservatives have co-opted the term concern to add the same stench of respectability to their racism. Same old same old.

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes but the hyperventilating in this thread is opposed to hostility and prejudice against Israel. See the difference?

I know you don't but it still needs to be asked.

I see you haven't read any of the links to see what is actually going on at these hate-fests.

Once you do that, maybe then come back and comment.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I see you haven't read any of the links to see what is actually going on at these hate-fests.

Ultimately, some folks support Islamification of Canada as a form of 'sticking it to the Cons' or similar partisan efforts. Eyeball falls into that category, I'd hazard. 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Ultimately, some folks support Islamification of Canada as a form of 'sticking it to the Cons' or similar partisan efforts. Eyeball falls into that category, I'd hazard. 

And some support it in the name of multiculturalism and tolerance.

Playing with fire and insisting that everyone else play with it too.

• Like 1

I tried to find the report with recommendations on how to handle this hate-fest that was supposed to be completed in June.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-city-bureaucrats-dither-on-hate-rally-report

City officials, who were supposed to deliver their report at Tuesday’s executive committee, came up empty-handed.

And with perfectly straight faces, they told the committee they’ll get back to everyone a year from now after they’ve engaged in the consultations they were supposed to undertake seven months ago.

I can’t for the life of me understand how highly paid bureaucrats — who earn salaries, benefits and merit pay unheard of in the private sector — aren’t ashamed of themselves.

I also agree with this statement from the writer:

Make no mistake. If there was the slightest hint of Islamophobia or anti-black racism prevalent in these kinds of rallies, you can bet city staff would have hopped to it months ago.

10 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Betsy said the rallies call for "the death of all Jews".

Would you kindly show me where it says that in the Bnai Brith article. Word for word, not you or dogs or Betsy's mealy-mouthed reinterpretation.

Death to all Jews. Word for word - verbatim. Will you need a dictionary definition for what verbatim means?

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

I tried to find the report with recommendations on how to handle this hate-fest that was supposed to be completed in June.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-city-bureaucrats-dither-on-hate-rally-report

I also agree with this statement from the writer:

Hating Jews...unfortunately...is okay for billions of people. They won't complain. 

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not too long ago, Jews voted left as a tendency. This is changing.

The 'Left' used to be a reasonable choice. One that I took often in my years of voting. 

But according to you the Nazis were lefties - that even shook hands with Stalin, apparently.  You don't recall lecturing me about that?

And let's expand on this for a bit.

Nazis LOVED elections. A great chance to lay a physical beating on their opponents while intimidating voters in the process. 

However...elections were a means to power...only. No more elections once the Third Reich was underway. Zero. You don't vote Der Fuhrer out...you can only vote him in.

Islam behaves similarly.  It will use Democracy as a means to an end but will eliminate elections in favor of religious theocracy once it gains power. Watch...

• Like 1

Oh - but they're not that bad - you're only getting the shrill voices - the hard edges. Everything will be fine - just trust us. That's the "progressive" mindset. Give yourself a good shake if you believe that kind of nonsense. As much as they hate the Jews today - do not doubr=t that they will come for everyone else tomorrow. The Koran is what guides them - and Allah is the one - the only true God. As many Muslims have said - if it takes a hundred - or a thousand years - Islam will prevail. Those that ignore it, do so at OUR own peril. Out with Trudeau ASAP.

• Like 3

UK had denied asylum to Asia Bibi.  The reason?   They're afraid of the reaction from the Muslim community!

How Immigration Changes Britain

But today there are reports that the British government has said that it will not offer asylum to Asia Bibi. The reason being “security concerns” — that weasel term now used by all officialdom whenever it needs one last reason to avoid doing the right thing. According to this report, the government is concerned that if the U.K. offered asylum to Bibi it could cause “unrest among certain sections of the community.” And which sections would that be? Would it be Anglicans or atheists who would be furious that an impoverished and severely traumatized woman should be given shelter in their country? Of course not. The “community” that the British government will be scared of is the community that comes from the same country that has tortured Asia Bibi for the last eight years.

The government is right to expect a backlash. There have been cases before of this “community” expressing its views. From the book-burnings and protests over The Satanic Verses affair in 1989 to the mass protest against cartoonists, which was the “community’s” response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre in 2015, the Pakistani Muslim community in the U.K. has never been shy of expressing its views.

Occasionally you even get a case like that at Easter 2016, when a Muslim from Bradford drove up to Glasgow to kill another Muslim (a shopkeeper called Asad Shah) because Mr. Shah came from a minority Muslim group that his killer deemed heretical. Which you might say is another example of “diversity.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/how-immigration-changes-britain/?fbclid=IwAR0XAxjZA-_8897jj1KoMYjFe_9pirmOJTiPm8voEuzFXBo29I74v95UVTo

Lol.  Since when did a minority group ever become this powerful enough to cow a government?  We're seeing it now!

John Tory is cowed by Al Quds.  He's frozen stiff.

Edited by betsy

At this point we need reasonable accommodation legislation enshrined in federal law.  Canada was formed out of common law, Judeo-Christian values, French and English languages and traditions, separation of church and state, and indigenous treaties.  We need to stop watering these cultural traits down to make the country more palatable to forces that are antithetical to Canadian values and traditions.  This has nothing to do with racism or xenophobia.  This is about protecting a country’s culture.  There’s nothing wrong with that, no apologies to be made.  People can take it or leave it and choose not to immigrate if they don’t want what Canada has to offer, which is a lot. This should happen soon to prevent Sharia law on the weak-kneed extreme left or racist fascism on the extreme alt right.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This has nothing to do with racism or xenophobia.  This is about protecting a country’s culture.  There’s nothing wrong with that, no apologies to be made.  People can take it or leave it and choose not to immigrate if they don’t want what Canada has to offer, which is a lot. 

This is strictly about people being assholes.

We should simply have two signs in Canada to deal with this, one that reads 'Don't be an asshole' for new arrivals and one the reads, 'See you later asshole' for assholes we kick out.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, DogOnPorch said:

But then some were hesitant to kick out Saudi students based on they give money to universities.

Just now, GostHacked said:

But then some were hesitant to kick out Saudi students based on they give money to universities.

If I ever get to be PM, you can be the honcho in charge of deporting Saudi female dental students to your heart's content. You can keep one as a servant, if you wish. 

:lol:

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, eyeball said:

Yes but the hyperventilating in this thread is opposed to hostility and prejudice against Israel. See the difference?

I know you don't but it still needs to be asked

Let's be clear. Israel is a JEWISH state. The people who march at the Al Quads rally march because they are against it being JEWISH. If it was a Muslim state they have no problems. When people address and speak at these rallies they do NOT see the difference between Jews and Israeli Jews, so how about you ask them if they see the difference.

How do you not hear the words in the speeches at these  what the references and comments are at this rally?  You think these participants conveniently separate Jews from Israelis and tell

Norman Podhoretz in his 1982 essay “J’Accuse,”  stated and I quote:

“Historically, anti-Semitism has taken the form of labeling certain vices and failings as specifically Jewish when they are in fact common to all of humanity: Jews are greedy, Jews are tricky, Jews are ambitious, Jews are clannish — as though Jews were uniquely or disproportionately guilty of all those sins. Correlatively, Jews are condemned when they claim or exercise the right to do things that all other people are accorded an unchallengeable right to do.

.....all other people are entitled to national self-determination, but when the Jews exercise this right, they are committing the crimes of racism and imperialism,”

That is the bottom line. The people who are against Jews having a collective national identity do not hold the same standards to argue against Muslim, Christian or other nations affiliated with a religious collective identity, only Jews.

The dialogue at these rallies expresses hatred against all Jews, not just Israeli Jews and even if it only expressed it against Israeli Jews, its a double standard against Jews and hatred against Jews for exercising the same rights as non Jews.

At the pith and substance of this rally is a denial of Jews having or being capable of having the same rights as Muslims. It comes from the belief in Sharia Law and Muslim religion that Jews can not own land or have the same legal status and rights as Muslims-we are defined as dhimmi, inferiors unable to have such rights.

Eye tries to rationalize this ancient discriminatory belief entrenched in Islam as being acceptable since it discriminates only against Jews.

I do distance myself from Dog on The Porch in making the blanket statement Islam is anti Semitism. Not all Muslims believe in dhimmitude or are anti Israeli. In fact Muslims died in the IDF fighting for Israel and some donated land to Israel so for those Muslims who Israel defines as righteous, and for progressive Muslims who reach out to Israel and accept it as a Jewish state and Jews as equals....for their sake I won't throw them under the bus and label them in with anti semitic Muslims thank you.

Just as I ask others don't assume all Jews think the same way about our religion or collective identity and define all Muslims as the enemy. We do not. Some do, not all. Some of us on both sides of the religious aisle happen to respect one another and consider ourselves equals.

27 minutes ago, Rue said:

I do distance myself from Dog on The Porch in making the blanket statement Islam is anti Semitism. Not all Muslims believe in dhimmitude or are anti Israeli. In fact Muslims died in the IDF fighting for Israel and some donated land to Israel so for those Muslims who Israel defines as righteous, and for progressive Muslims who reach out to Israel and accept it as a Jewish state and Jews as equals....for their sake I won't throw them under the bus and label them in with anti semitic Muslims thank you.

Muslims follow the Quran...not take suggestions from the Quran. Making these folks actually apostates.

Much like so-called Christians who ignore Jesus's message. Christian, eh?

Edited by DogOnPorch

18 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

If I ever get to be PM, you can be the honcho in charge of deporting Saudi female dental students to your heart's content. You can keep one as a servant, if you wish. 

:lol:

Why you need to single out the women? What do you have against women who follow Islam?