Toronto Al Quds Rally

betsy

We're very much into the topic of hatred recently.  Trudeau just recently made an apology to Jews regarding the bigotry of refusing asylum during the time of Hitler, and he also brought up the recent massacre of Jews in Pittsburgh.  However....a blatant hate-rally (which had broken our own Hate Laws), has been allowed to go on for years in Toronto.

I'm thinking of the Islamist rally done by Al Quds.   This rally is done  every year in Toronto.   Several complaints were filed against it, but surprisingly it still goes on, and the same message of hate is repeated:  calling for the death of all Jews.

Sheikh Calls for “Eradication” of Israelis at Toronto al-Quds Day Rally

Year after year, speakers at the Toronto al-Quds Day rally have praised terrorists and incited hatred against Jews and Israelis. Last year, organizers played background music that encouraged listeners to bomb Israeli buses, stab Israelis, and run them over.

In 2013 and 2016, speakers called for Israelis to be shot, and in 2014, a Muslim cleric called for “yahoodi” (Arabic for “Jewish”) to be “dismantled.”

Advocating genocide or wilfully promoting hatred against an identifiable group, such as Israelis, is a criminal offence contrary to sections 318 and 319 of Canada’s Criminal Code.

https://www.bnaibrith.ca/sheikh_calls_for_eradication_of_israelis_at_toronto_al_quds_day_rally

I checked out the law.  Here's what the government says:

The Supreme Court of Canada has recognized that the Charter’s guarantee of freedom of expression is not absolute. It has upheld restrictions on forms of expression that it has deemed to run contrary to the spirit of the Charter, such as hate speech, given that the purpose of such expression is to prevent the free exercise of another group’s rights.

3 Criminal Code Provisions Targeting Hate
3.1 Hate Propaganda

Under section 318(1), everyone who advocates or promotes genocide is guilty of an offence punishable by up to five years’ imprisonment. The term “genocide” is defined in section 318(2) to mean killing members of an identifiable group or deliberately inflicting on an identifiable group conditions of life calculated to bring about the group’s physical destruction. An intent to directly prompt or provoke another person to commit genocide is enough to establish the mens rea, or criminal intent, component of the offence.30

Section 319(2) makes it an offence to communicate, except in private conversation, statements that wilfully promote hatred against an “identifiable group” (which has the same meaning as in section 318). As with offences under section 318, no prosecution under section 319(2) can be instituted without the consent of the Attorney General.

Under section 319(1), everyone who, by communicating statements in a public place, incites hatred against any identifiable group where such incitement is likely to lead to a breach of the peace is guilty of an indictable offence punishable by up to two years’ imprisonment, or of a summary conviction offence.

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201825E

So.....prosecution depends upon the consent of the Attorney General!   Why is nothing being done? 

I got curious. 

Who's the past Attorney General of Ontario - before Caroline Mulroney?

Yasir Naqvi.

He's a Muslim. 

On Tuesday, at the opening of the Superior Court of Justice in the South­west Region, a Muslim provincial attorney-­general will attend a ceremony at a Muslim centre.

Yasir Naqvi, the first Muslim to serve as a top justice official in Canada, is slated to be the keynote speaker for the event at the Islamic Centre of Southwest Ontario.

https://lfpress.com/2017/10/02/muslim-role-in-courts-opening-hailed-as-a-first/wcm/9a306d72-d4a7-048b-03e4-d00b19f637e0

Who can say that religion didn't play a role in his decisions?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

Of course you'd wonder.....why on earth the blatant hate rally of Al Quds is allowed to go on?

Jews urge attorney general to 'stand up to hate'

August 26, 2017

A new petition calls on Ontario Attorney General Yasir Naqvi to respond to the Jewish community’s complaints and concerns about hate crime and hate speech.

https://torontosun.com/2017/08/26/jews-urge-attorney-general-to-stand-up-to-hate/wcm/876b7d5b-314d-4802-b7e2-f11a8e38e2d8

Why did they have to urge him?   Did the urgings work at all?   No.

Toronto Al-Quds Day rally will go ahead, despite efforts to stop it

June 2018

http://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/toronto-al-quds-day-rally-will-go-ahead-despite-efforts-to-stop-it

Ford had promised to stop this rally.   Huh.  Maybe, he'll have to butt heads with Trudeau over this, too.

It's not just held in Toronto.  They are held all across Canada and the world. 

I believe I witnessed one in Fort Mac.

Interesting that this is a made-up Islamic holiday, only existing since 1979.

An annual anti-Zionist day of protest was first suggested by Ebrahim Yazdi, the first foreign minister of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and a liberal, to the leader of the Iranian Revolution, Ruhollah Khomeini. The context was one of deepening tensions between Israel and Lebanon at the time. Khomeini took over unacknowledged Yazdi's idea, and on August 7, 1979, he declared the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan each year as Quds Day, in which Muslims worldwide would unite in solidarity against Israel and in support of the Palestinians.  Khomeini declared the "liberation" of Jerusalem a religious duty to all Muslims.

Quds Day marks the loss of Jerusalem to IDF forces in a war the Arabs started but the Israelis finished in six days.  A remarkable achievement of combined arms and superior tactics against a vastly larger Arab foe bent on driving all the Jews into the sea.

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

It's not just held in Toronto.  They are held all across Canada and the world. 

I believe I witnessed one in Fort Mac.

Interesting that this is a made-up Islamic holiday, only existing since 1979.

A lot of this negative behavior by certain Muslims has a lot to do with the Islamic concept of Al-wala' wa-l-bara' (Arabic: Loyalty and Disavowal). Loving what Allah loves and actually hating what Allah hates. And Allah hates Jews. Unlikely to change anytime soon...especially at the behest of Infidels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

A lot of this negative behavior by certain Muslims has a lot to do with the Islamic concept of Al-wala' wa-l-bara' (Arabic: Loyalty and Disavowal). Loving what Allah loves and actually hating what Allah hates. And Allah hates Jews. Unlikely to change anytime soon...especially at the behest of Infidels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

Thanks for that. I knew nothing about it. But now I wonder whether it's another example of what absent-minded progressivism has led us to?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Thanks for that. I knew nothing about it. But now I wonder whether it's another example of what absent-minded progressivism has led us to?

I doubt the progressive types thought about it one iota. 

If you ask me, progressive types feel that they've found a useful idiot in Islam and they can control the monster they've unleashed into Western society.

I think they're in for a surprise when Islam finds no more use for THEM.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think they're in for a surprise when Islam finds no more use for THEM.

It's startling that they haven't yet figured this out. The most ardent critic of Islamism I've ever encountered was a highly-educated woman with whom I did volunteer work several years ago who'd fled Revolutionary Iran. A Muslim herself, she was utterly and equally disdainful both of Muslims who bought into fundamentalist beliefs and practices and of progressives in the West who in her view naively preached for accommodation of these beliefs and practices. 

Edited by turningrite
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, turningrite said:

It's startling that they haven't yet figured this out. The most ardent critic of Islamism I've ever encountered was a highly-educated woman with whom I did volunteer work several years ago who'd fled Revolutionary Iran. A Muslim herself, she was utterly and equally disdainful both of Muslims who bought into fundamentalist beliefs and practices and of progressives in the West who preached for accommodation of these beliefs and practices. 

The Quran is actually very clear on these matters: There is no room for interfaith dialogues and such once Islam calls the shots in a society. Allah instructs the Believer to fight the Unbeliever until all religion is for Allah...and that includes atheists like myself who they view as 'godless' 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, it's what brain-dead right-wing hyperbole always leads to -  criticism of Israel = anti-Semitism.

These rallies are being protested by non-Muslims because the chant "Death to Jews" is frequently heard, speakers advise killing Jews, flags of terrorist organizations are flown.

That is antisemitism to the rest of us.

What's your definition?

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

Just now, Goddess said:

These rallies are being protested by non-Muslims because the chant "Death to Jews" is frequently heard, speakers advise killing Jews, flags of terrorist organizations are flown.

That is anti-antisemitism to the rest of us.

What's your definition?

Blowback, hyperbole and now abject unremitting rejectionism - the result of decades of governments seducing the canine on issues they should have been addressing decades ago.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Blowback, hyperbole and now abject unremitting rejectionism - the result of decades of governments seducing the canine on issues they should have been addressing decades ago.

Islam has a plan for you, as well. Useful allies are supposed to be given the word of Allah and accept it. If you reject it...good luck with your new haircut. 

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Sorry, eye, but I'm going to give you an "F" on this definition of antisemitism.

Here's the real one:

an·ti-Se·mit·ic
/ˌan(t)ēsəˈmidik,ˌanˌtīsəˈmidik/
adjective
adjective: antisemitic
  1. hostile to or prejudiced against Jews.
    "anti-Semitic remarks were posted on the site"

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Sorry, eye, but I'm going to give you an "F" on this definition of antisemitism.

Here's the real one:

an·ti-Se·mit·ic
adjective

A word invented by a proto-Nazi named Wilhelm Marr in order to make Jew hate sound scientific...I kid you not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Marr

http://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/city-toronto-study-stop-hate-rallies

He said that this year’s rally, which was held in June, did not receive a permit from the province or the city, “However, the event proceeded.” He asked what police and government could do in the future, to head off such rallies.

Groups wishing to obtain a permit to use municipal facilities must also sign a declaration of compliance with anti-harassment and anti-discrimination laws, including Ontario’s Human Rights Code, the city pointed out.

The CJN learned last summer that this year’s Al-Quds Day protest, which resulted in a hate crimes complaint to police, took place on the so-called north lawn of Queen’s Park, which is city property.

Queen’s Park had denied that the rally took place on provincial lands. But Pasternak disputed this, saying that while the rally began on city property, participants later paraded to the south lawn of Queen’s Park.

“They did traverse the two properties and I find that very disturbing,” he said.

Pasternak said further study of the issue is needed, because a group wishing to demonstrate on city property must apply for a permit and adhere to the city’s anti-discrimination policy.

“There is no way Al-Quds or the white supremacists or the neo-Nazis would ever qualify for a legitimate permit under that policy,” Pasternak said. “So the question is: What if they sign the policy and then violate it? What if they just hold a rally without signing anything? What are our legal powers?”

So when they were refused a permit last year, they just went ahead and did it anyways.

Without the permit, they are not allowed on city property.  But they went ahead and did it anyways.

And the kicker:  Canada is not sure what to do about hate groups who repeatedly break the law. :blink:

They apparently need to study it further.

Canada has become a safe haven for Islamists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

http://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/city-toronto-study-stop-hate-rallies

So when they were refused a permit last year, they just went ahead and did it anyways.

Without the permit, they are not allowed on city property.  But they went ahead and did it anyways.

And the kicker:  Canada is not sure what to do about hate groups who repeatedly break the law. :blink:

They apparently need to study it further.

Canada has become a safe haven for Islamists.

Islam follows its own laws (Sharia) and will only comply with human laws when Islam is in a position of weakness.

• Like 1

John Tory proved himself useless in the face of this mockery!  He allowed this last one to happen! 

Toronto Mayor Assures Strong Action on al-Quds Day Activity

https://www.bnaibrith.ca/toronto_mayors_assures_strong_action_on_al_quds_day_activity

Just like Trudeau - he's all lip-service!

A Quds are using children!

LEVY: City turns blind eye to illegal anti-Israel hatefest — again

Saturday’s annual Al-Quds Day rally, an official event sanctioned by the Iranian regime, featured demonstrators waving the flag of the Hezbollah terrorist group and calls by Sheikh Shafig Huda of Kitchener’s Islamic Humanitarian Service for the “eradication” of Israelis.

There were also young children either surrounded or holding signs equating Zionism to Racism and other anti-Israel propaganda.

B’nai Brith CEO Michael Mostyn said unfortunately Al-Quds day unfolded the way they’ve seen in the past — a “hateful event” targeting a minority group in Toronto.

“It is really incumbent on our government officials to find a solution … this cannot be allowed to continue to happen,” he said.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-illegal-anti-israel-hatefest-gets-green-light-from-city-hall-again

Edited by betsy

45 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Here's the real one:

an·ti-Se·mit·ic
adjective

Yes but the hyperventilating in this thread is opposed to hostility and prejudice against Israel. See the difference?

I know you don't but it still needs to be asked.