Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Perhaps you don't recognize the changing mood around people accused of sexual misconduct. Referencing something in the 70's doesn't really say anything. 

The Judge seemed very critical of a President getting a BJ in his office. I guess hypocrisy is a matter of course for partisan GOP hacks. 

The esteemed senator from Massachusetts actually killed a women, which I think still ranks worse than sexual misconduct even for #MeToo wannabes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

What I find telling about this story is the move to rush the process. As if the GOP is now afraid there are most stories like the two that have come out about his conduct will come out soon. 

Rushing this only proves that they're afraid what people will find. And refusing to allow the FBI to investigate, it certainly indicates there is something to hide. 

The rush to process is what this is about - and from both sides.  There is not one person with an IQ over 70 who doesn't know that this is about the midterms.  Yes, there is a time limit.  The republicans have to get this through and the Dems are trying to stall.  Please don't pretend that the Repubs are afraid of anything being "found out", or that the Dems are fighting for truth and justice - it's so naive.  The right knows this is a just a hit job and the dems don't care about the accusers - plain and simple. Midterms! Midterms! Midterms!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boges said:

What I find telling about this story is the move to rush the process. As if the GOP is now afraid there are most stories like the two that have come out about his conduct will come out soon. 

Rushing this only proves that they're afraid what people will find. And refusing to allow the FBI to investigate, it certainly indicates there is something to hide. 

Why would the FBI get involved in a supposed assault 36 years ago?  Why wouldn’t the local authorities handle said investigation?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Yes, the “rush” of like 150 plus days since his selection. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

I’ll give you a week to “sort” it out.  It shouldn’t take a month.  There’s 4 people to interview in this non-rape allegation.

I'd spend a month just finding all the rest of the people who were at the parties.  There's no rush.  Why not do it right?

11 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

It’s funny cause it’s true!  Lol.

0FF12376-512A-4057-B904-760FC5BF4A1C.jpeg

That's why I think there should be enough time spent on this to see that it is done properly.  There's no rush, so why not?

Of course, it is just a job interview.  He's not looking at jail time.  Yet.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never hide evil so completely and cheerfully as when they hide it because they need a job - Not Blaise Pascal

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's very true.  There will be a nice chance to shoot him down in flames before we even talk about jail time.  I think reality TV is great, don't you?

Unless he's innocent.  Then we get to shoot them down in flames.  Either is good, as long as it all takes until after the elections.

55 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

And what happens to the accusers 6 months down the road, when all the accusations turn out false?

One would hope, if that turns out to be the case, that they are punished appropriately.

12 hours ago, Boges said:

No!  There's nothing to investigate!  The FBI had already done 6 - SIX - background checks on Kavanaugh!

The onus is for the accuser to provide something for any investigator to start with.  

Giving the date would be nice - so the investigators can verify alibis.   How about witnesses?  The supposed witnesses named by the accuser - which include her life-long friend - had all denied her story! 

In other words, the people she named are all actually saying - her story isn't true!

If there's any investigation to be done, it ought to be about whether this is a deliberate fabrication - and who are all the people behind it!

Go to other forums - the rationale by the anti-Kavanaughs are so weak - they're running out of steam because of all the holes -  and the supporters for these women are not many compared to the outraged ones who see this for what it is!  One poster at the other forum was a rape victim herself - and she blasted at Ford!

Lol.  The last one especially - who's so drunk she had so many gaps!  Lol.  Does she even know she was looking at a penis? And, Kavanaugh's at that?  :D

The optics is that the DEMs are really trying to do whatever they can to delay and/or stop Kavanaugh's confirmation - even to the point of doing something dirty like this.   It only shows that the usual media (who's got also an ax to grind against Trump) are colluding with the DEMs - which only supports Trump's allegations against the media!

Voting as scheduled, means the GOP has had enough entertaining leftist shenanigans that make a mockery of the process! 

This circus by the DEMs also demeans, makes a mockery of,  and diminishes the MeToo movement!  

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, Truth Detector said:

Why would the FBI get involved in a supposed assault 36 years ago?  Why wouldn’t the local authorities handle said investigation?

Because they aren't going to criminally prosecute this. It's an arm of the government determining if the nominee is an appropriate choice. This is new information that the FBI didn't have when they did their first background check. 

But you know what? This is one of those times where I'm like, this doesn't really effect Canadians. 40 plus year legal precedent won't be overturned up here.  

But the Republicans have set a precedent that no SCOTUS nominee will be confirmed unless the President and congress are from the same party. 

Edited by Boges

3 hours ago, Boges said:

But you know what? This is one of those times where I'm like, this doesn't really effect Canadians. 40 plus year legal precedent won't be overturned up here.  

But the Republicans have set a precedent that no SCOTUS nominee will be confirmed unless the President and congress are from the same party. 

Yup. You wonder how they can be so cavalier about  a lifetime appointment. At least our founders had the brains to make our Supreme Court Justices retire at 75.

12 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Yup. You wonder how they can be so cavalier about  a lifetime appointment. At least our founders had the brains to make our Supreme Court Justices retire at 75.

Probably because they've seen this act before.  See Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, etc