Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation

11 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Whoa, all I said is that if President Trump nominated a candidate that already had the support of the Democrats, the confirmation would have been less acrimonious. Mr. Garland had been nominated once, by the Democrats, so they would not be in a position to oppose him.  I made no judgement on the Senators, although it is my opinion that there neither party came off with any dignity. As to who belongs in the Senate, that is a question that rests with the American voters.

Like Collins said, Kavanaugh and Garland have agreed on somewhere north of 95% of cases.  This is and has always been about democrats stoking fear into women about Roe V Wade and hoping it'll pay off in the mid-term elections. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2018 at 10:16 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...if Kavanaugh was a Democrat, he could have driven a car into a lake while drunk with Ford drowning in the passenger seat....no big deal.

I think Trump chose Kavanaugh with this precise thinking.

Moreover, Kavanaugh worked with Kennedy. Indeed, Kavanaugh may be another switch-player.

------

Trump is wily like a fox.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Trump is wily like a fox.

Additional message to Chinese, Russians, Germans, fellow Canadians:

Trump may be "wily" (Google translate this English word) but he's also working for America.

====

A wily American working for Americans. Imagine!

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Lol. I don't agree with your pov or anything you said here, but I love this quote. I'm stealing it.

I don't know why Goddess brought up God having chosen Trump  in this topic in the first place!  Either she's one of the unhinged.....or, she's concerned about it.

For all her denial, I have to assume the thought of hellfire does bothers her - otherwise, why bring it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it?  :lol:

She's also using the stale, old, stupid  argument the unhinged were using.....that supporting Kavanaugh means you support sexual assault.  I suppose that's what she meant by my "shifting values."  

I think she needs to calm down and review my few recent posts - what I pointed out about the Democrats.  It's those who support the Democrats that actually has shifting (and rather confused) values.

Edited by betsy

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

We don't know what criteria was used.  Maybe it was "Must be a Republican Judge guaranteed to raise objections from Democrats, personal integrity and behavior irrelevant".

Same with Democrats.  We don't know the criteria they've used when they've made nominations.

One thing we do know, though  - Kavanaugh was given the highest rating by the American Bar Association for his judicial temperament, and approach in judging.  All the glowing statements made by colleagues, and his 12 years as a federal judge didn't have a single blemish, or even hint of anything questionable about him.

His integrity was only questioned when the Democrats sprung this uncorroborated surprise about Ford at the late hour of confirmation process - and made a public spectacle of it!  

The Democrats had used Ford to do their grandstanding - never even caring a whit about Ford!  Lol.  For someone who'd requested anonymity and confidentiality.....she's been plastered on national TV and social media!  How much more exposure can you get?

I suppose, to the Dems, she's just another piece of meat!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, betsy said:

One thing we do know, though  - Kavanaugh was given the highest rating by the American Bar Association for his judicial temperament, and approach in judging.  All the glowing statements made by colleagues, and his 12 years as a federal judge didn't have a single blemish, or even hint of anything questionable about him.

That was before his rage-filled, unhinged performance at the hearings.  Now, over 1000 law professors have signed a petition saying that he is unfit for the SC.

• Like 1

^^^I had a judge shout me down once during a settlement meeting for calling the process "bunk", then he berrated the other lawyer for overcharging me on a debt.  I don't think some of you people have had any real life experiences with judges.  They do get upset, just like...ya know, real people.  

5 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

^^^I had a judge shout me down once during a settlement meeting for calling the process "bunk", then he berrated the other lawyer for overcharging me on a debt.  I don't think some of you people have had any real life experiences with judges.  They do get upset, just like...ya know, real people.  

Agreed.  I just think that becoming unhinged and raging during his hearing was probably a bad choice of time to do so.  If there was any time to be professional - this was it.  And he blew it.

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

That was before his rage-filled, unhinged performance at the hearings.  Now, over 1000 law professors have signed a petition saying that he is unfit for the SC.

That just shows you how the Dems had indeed shredded his reputation over something uncorroborated!   SHAME!   SHAME on them!

No, his reaction is but the normal outraged reaction of an innocent who's being vilified publicly by the very people (Senators)  who should be protecting his rights!   What?   If you're being blatantly screwed in front of everyone, wouldn't you be as outraged as him?  Lol.   Hello?  Are we still human? 

The Dems  latched onto his temperament when they saw the sexual allegations falling apart! 

The Democrats' case against Kavanaugh is falling apart fast

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/2/democrats-brett-kavanaugh-case-falls-apart-fast/

Why wouldn't it?   Only an idiot won't see through all the potholes!

Lol....check out their latest talking points just before his confirmation - the Senators had dropped using sexual allegations against him!   They're using judicial temperament and partisanship! 

If you don't see something wrong in shredding an innnocent man's reputation over an uncorroborated allegation - then, you must be so used to living in a banana republic, and/or you are clueless about democracy! 

And, if you know deep inside that what they'd done to this man is wrong - and yet, you still go along with it - what does that say about you? 

At least.....I'm glad to see that many women aren't the idiots that these Democrats think they are!

Democrats have unleashed a red wave of Brett Kavanaugh-believing women voters

Democrats' partisan treatment of Christine Blasey Ford's accusations against Brett Kavanaugh shows women just who is really on their side.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/08/christine-blasey-ford-women-democrats-partisan-brett-kavanaugh-voters-column/1559347002/

Edited by betsy

24 minutes ago, betsy said:

No, his reaction is but the normal outraged reaction of an innocent who's being vilified publicly by the very people (Senators)  who should be protecting his rights!   What?   If you're being blatantly screwed in front of everyone, wouldn't you be as outraged as him?  Lol.   Hello?  Are we still human? 

I disagree that his reaction was "normal".  Here's why:

I'm a big The Walking Dead fan, so I watched with interest while Chris Hardwick was caught up in accusations from an old girlfriend. 

While it was being investigated, Chris Hardwick  was fired from his jobs, lost all his endorsements, and I'm sure it strained his marriage and was a very stressful time for him.

The difference was in HOW he and his wife handled it.  They never once unleashed any kind of rage against the old girlfriend or against the companies who fired him over the allegations.  Chris defended himself but he did it with grace and dignity and he did it in such a way that the offended girlfriend was also given her dignity.  He never once had a rage-filled temper tantrum.

On his facebook and twitter feeds and in articles written about him, I saw mostly women sticking up for Chris because the things being said about him were so out of character.

In the end, it was determined that the girlfriend's allegations were exaggerated and his jobs and endorsements were reinstated to him and he has made no real public comment since then about any of it.

My point is this:

No, Betsy.  Rage-filled temper tantrums is not the "normal" way to handle these kinds of allegations.

Kavanaugh immediately came out swinging - against Dr. Ford, against the public, against the Dems, against women, against anybody he could possibly make a bit of mud stick.

The accusations against Chris were so out of character for him, that it was mostly women who supported him.  I don't see that kind of support for Kavanaugh and I think that is telling.  In fact, even his close friends agree that he has been a rage-filled drinker for a long time.

Men don't have to worry about women - we're not stupid.  We intuitively know when allegations are false or exaggerated.  I knew it with Chris, I knew it with the fake hijab-cutting girl.  Their stories were just....."off".  But with Kavanaugh, the reason he is experiencing such backlash is because the allegations have a ring of truth.  Every woman feels it.  The stories from his past confirm it.

Now, if Kavanaugh had come out and said, "Hey guys, I don't remember the incident but as I was a heavy drinker in those days, it's possible that it happened just as she said.  And for that, I apologize.  I can only say that I was a product of the times and that I have learned and grown since then and ask that you all consider my long record of non-partisan judging."  If he had said that, I could have gotten on board and I don't think there would have been the backlash we've seen.

No, Kavanaugh is experiencing the consequences of his poor handling of the situation and I think that makes him a very poor judge.

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

The ABA supported him as a professional organization. This petition involves personal choice.......do you think the "Democrats" could motivate law professors from proven left-leaning academia? Sure....and you can bet they did.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So after actually being a DC appeals court judge for 12 years, now he is a poor judge ?

I think he showed a side of himself that he's been trying to hide for a long time.  As a judge, his judgments could be examined and overturned.  As a SCJustice, he holds a lot more power and I think his temper tantrum and raging belligerent attitude showed that he is perhaps not ready for that more important position.  

I'd see Chris Hardwick on the SC before I'd see Kavanaugh.  Just based on how they handled their allegations.

Edited by Goddess

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I think he showed a side of himself that he's been trying to hide for a long time.  As a judge, his judgments could be examined and overturned.

Oh sure...he's been hiding that side for decades...fooling everyone until now !

Before this SC nomination, I doubt that anyone else knew what Justice Kavanaugh was "trying to hide"...now they are experts !

• 2006 - 2018: Federal appeals court judge for DC circuit
  • 2003-2006: Assistant to President George W. Bush and staff secretary
  • 2001-2003: Associate counsel for the Executive Branch
  • 1998: Associate counsel, Office of Independent Counsel
  • 1994-1997: General counsel, Judiciary Branch
  • 1993-1994: Law clerk, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy
  • 1992-1993: Staff attorney, U.S. Office of the Solicitor General
  • 1991-1992: Law clerk, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Alex Kozinski
  • 1990-1991: Law clerk, Third Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Walter Stapleton

https://ballotpedia.org/Brett_Kavanaugh

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh sure...he's been hiding that side for decades...fooling everyone until now !

Before this SC nomination, I doubt that anyone else knew what Justice Kavanaugh was "trying to hide"...now they are experts !

If you think a rage-filled man who has temper tantrums like a 4 year old and is only being picked so he can save an incompetent President's ass from impeachment is perfect for your Supreme Court, then you're in luck.  Because that's what you got.  Enjoy.

Just now, Goddess said:

If you think a rage-filled man who has temper tantrums like a 4 year old and is only being picked so he can save an incompetent President's ass from impeachment is perfect for your Supreme Court, then you're in luck.  Because that's what you got.  Enjoy.

Thank you...we will...just as many Canadians think that an emotional/crying PM or foreign minister are fabulously qualified for their positions on the domestic and international stage.

At least you have revealed the underlying motivation for your bias.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I disagree that his reaction was "normal".  Here's why:

I'm a big The Walking Dead fan, so I watched with interest while Chris Hardwick was caught up in accusations from an old girlfriend. 

While it was being investigated, Chris Hardwick  was fired from his jobs, lost all his endorsements, and I'm sure it strained his marriage and was a very stressful time for him.

The difference was in HOW he and his wife handled it.  They never once unleashed any kind of rage against the old girlfriend or against the companies who fired him over the allegations.  Chris defended himself but he did it with grace and dignity and he did it in such a way that the offended girlfriend was also given her dignity.  He never once had a rage-filled temper tantrum.

:lol:

Sorry, I haven't seen the Walking Dead.

You're entitled to your opinion.   Walking Dead!     Hahahahaha

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Thank you...we will...just as many Canadians think that an emotional/crying PM or foreign minister are fabulously qualified for their positions on the domestic and international stage.

At least you have revealed the underlying motivation for your bias.

What bias?  I've never expressed any admiration for Trudeau, either.

???

Just now, Goddess said:

What bias?  I've never expressed any admiration for Trudeau, either.

???

Obviously you are influenced about the very, very remote possibility that Justice Kavanaugh would preside over a constitutional challenge to a presidential impeachment.

...which has nothing to do with "temper tantrums".

Just now, Goddess said:

When the only thing you got is to ignore everything I said and criticize what I like to watch on TV....well, there you have it, folks.

Seriously ?  The fictional "Walking Dead" is now a political and cultural reference (from across the border) for this matter ?

Who is Chris Hardwick....a character from the show ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Obviously you are influenced about the very, very remote possibility that Justice Kavanaugh would preside over a constitutional challenge to a presidential impeachment.

...which has nothing to do with "temper tantrums".

His temper tantrums indicate to me - and to many others -  that he is unfit for that very important position on the SC.  That was my only point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Seriously ?  The fictional "Walking Dead" is now a political and cultural reference (from across the border) for this matter ?

Who is Chris Hardwick....a character from the show ?

Very poor reading comprehension between you and Betsy.  Try again.  I wasn't comparing TWD to anything.  I was comparing Chris Hardwick's reaction to allegations to Kavanaugh's reaction.  I thought that should have been pretty obvious, even to you two.

Just now, Goddess said:

His temper tantrums indicate to me - and to many others -  that he is unfit for that very important position on the SC.  That was my only point.

I disagree...it does not follow that a SC justice must always be stoic men/women of stone.

Kavanaugh's testimony and reaction to vicious attacks demonstrated his humanity and makes him more credible, same as those who support Dr. Ford's emotional display.

• Like 3

Just now, Goddess said:

Very poor reading comprehension between you and Betsy.  Try again.  I wasn't comparing TWD to anything.  I was comparing Chris Hardwick's reaction to allegations to Kavanaugh's reaction.  I thought that should have been pretty obvious, even to you two.

No, no...we get that...but why ?   Is this the first comparison that popped into your mind ?

Again, who is Chris Hardwick ?    It is hard to understand your position without any knowledge of the fictional show and characters.

• Sad 1