Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Wrong. That's not a fact. That's an accusation made by some and refuted by many.

Refuted by virtually no one, actually.

.The standard for getting appointed to the supreme court almost became "never touched a drink in my life and only kissed one girl and every moment of my life has been recorded on video". If Kavanaugh went down then literally any man could be stopped from becoming a SCJ by a single bimbo.

Yeah, that's crap. We're not talking about a guy who occasionally got drunk at a party. We're talking about a guy who was a functioning alcoholic and party animal.

You're not holding anyone to any standards at all.

You say that in one breath then say "so what if he lied? So what if he exaggerated?"

My minimum standard for a supreme court judge is not lying during sworn testimony.

Look at your own arguments from someone else's point of view. It's pathetic.  

Okay, how about looking at it from the view of a retired conservative supreme court judge?

2 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

Doubling down on who believes Ford as opposed to Kavanaugh. It'll be interesting to see how Independent woman vote. My guess is that the majority - being independent - will be more inclined to vote according to the facts.....so the GOP might pick up more votes than they might previously have expected. Surprisingly, the GOP have the "high road" with this whole debacle - so much so that even some Democrats might stay home out of disgust. We'll just have to wait and see how things unfold.

This really takes the price for deluded wishful thinking. The GOP take the high road? In anything?! LOL! :lol:

That pack of political whores wouldn't even be able to FIND the high road.

Edited by Argus

3 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

If I were an American - I'd want my Supreme Court judge to fight lies, bias and injustice - especially in our political system.

If I were an American I'd be appalled at the appointment of a supreme court judge who sat in a hearing and snarled and raged against Democrats. Every time a case comes up which involves different levels of government from different parties huge numbers of people are going to be sure his vote is locked and set before the hearing even starts. The perception of impartiality of the Supreme Court no longer seems to matter to the Republicans. Much like Trump, who only wants a Justice Department which obeys him, which ignores Republican crimes, and investigates only Democrats.

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Thanks for acknowledging that Democrats have at least some moral compass.  If Republicans had enough of a moral compass to have stayed home out of "disgust", Trump would not be president.  

They had enough of a moral compass to make sure that Hillary Clinton did not become president.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

If I were an American I'd be appalled at the appointment of a supreme court judge who sat in a hearing and snarled and raged against Democrats. Every time a case comes up which involves different levels of government from different parties huge numbers of people are going to be sure his vote is locked and set before the hearing even starts. The perception of impartiality of the Supreme Court no longer seems to matter to the Republicans. Much like Trump, who only wants a Justice Department which obeys him, which ignores Republican crimes, and investigates only Democrats.

Thanks to those pathetic democrat leftist liberal senator losers anyone who may want to be appointed to the SC one day will maybe want to think twice about doing so as the demoncrats have made a mockery of the process now. Trump and Kavanaugh are not the bad guys here. The demoncrats are. Wake up, fella.

Are you for real? Do you think that those three leftist liberal democratic broads on the SC are not bias? Obama and Hillary only wanted people in the justice department and on the SC that would enforce their leftist/communist programs and agendas and to cover up their democrat crimes and go after the republicans. You need to think before you speak. Really. :wacko:

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Thanks for acknowledging that Democrats have at least some moral compass.  If Republicans had enough of a moral compass to have stayed home out of "disgust", Trump would not be president.  

Thank gawd republicans did not stay at home. That witch Hillary would be the president today. Now that sounds really disgusting.  

Go, Trump, go. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Someone has hijacked Argus's account......

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Refuted by virtually no one, actually.

Yeah, that's crap. We're not talking about a guy who occasionally got drunk at a party. We're talking about a guy who was a functioning alcoholic and party animal.

You say that in one breath then say "so what if he lied? So what if he exaggerated?"

My minimum standard for a supreme court judge is not lying during sworn testimony.

Okay, how about looking at it from the view of a retired conservative supreme court judge?

Kavanaugh has scores of people willing to publicly testify in his defence. He never lied, he just tried to keep things in perspective. It’s utterly retarded to think that a guy could captain a basketball team, finish first in his law class at the top ivy league school in the USA. Utterly retarded. We all know people who partied too much in normal colleges and universities while taking easy classes. We know how well they all did. The top student in the most elite school in the country in one of the toughest and most competitive courses wasn’t a functioning alcoholic and a party animal. I don’t need a second opinion on that Argus, but kudos for trying.

There are 50 million butt-hurt Dem toadies who can’t stand to see Kavanaugh appointed and you’re one of them.

I know there’s no reasoning you, you’ll continue to believe in the face of any amount of evidence. I agree with the majority of US Senators, you agree with Gloria Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton, Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper et al lol. That’s some fine company to be in hey Argus? Lol. 

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Be honest dialamah. If the Dems are famous for one thing it’s hypocrisy and you know it.

They love Bill Clinton, Barack “I’m a bit of a racist” Obama, Killer Kennedy et al but they’re up in arms against people who are merely accused of far less, and with less or even no credible evidence.

Dems are still waiting for Republicans to go low so that they can start to go high. And if you think Dems were ever going high that’s just embarrassing for you.

1 hour ago, Centerpiece said:

Someone has hijacked Argus's account......

Why would you say that? As a conservative I've had nothing but contempt for the Republicans for years. They're demonstrably neither fiscal nor social conservatives.

Edited by Argus

22 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Be honest dialamah. If the Dems are famous for one thing it’s hypocrisy and you know it.

You don't think wrapping yourself in the bible and pretending to be the party of family values while worshiping a vulgar, lying, whore-mongering serial adulterer is hypocritical?

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

ajority of US Senators, you agree with Gloria Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton, Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper et al lol. That’s some fine company to be in hey Argus? Lol. 

You believe in whatever the Republicans say and tell you. I have nearly equal contempt for the Democrats, and the likes of Clinton as I do for the political whores of the Republican party. Which makes me pretty much unbiased in this. But I will certain take Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon over Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson any day of the week for honesty and integrity.

59 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I can't imagine anyone staying at home in November. 

Think again. Even during the last presidential election lots of people didn't bother to vote.

The Democrats have a real problem in that their base is made up of a disproportionate number of young people and minorities. The Republicans, by contrast, have a disproportion of white and senior citizen voters. Way better. They vote in much greater numbers than young people, blacks or latinos.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Think again. Even during the last presidential election lots of people didn't bother to vote.

The Democrats have a real problem in that their base is made up of a disproportionate number of young people and minorities. The Republicans, by contrast, have a disproportion of white and senior citizen voters. Way better. They vote in much greater numbers than young people, blacks or latinos.

During the last election everyone thought Hillary had it sewn up.  If they make the same mistake in November I have no sympathy for them.

16 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

During the last election everyone thought Hillary had it sewn up.  If they make the same mistake in November I have no sympathy for them.

For some it was not a mistake...an estimated 12,000,000 Democrats voted for Trump/GOP.

I do not expect the GOP to do as poorly as the Democrats who lost 63 House seats in 2010...the beginning of Obama's congressional and state office political bloodbath.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

For some it was not a mistake...an estimated 12,000,000 Democrats voted for Trump/GOP.

I do not expect the GOP to do as poorly as the Democrats who lost 63 House seats...the beginning of Obama's congressional and state office political bloodbath.

The ones who stayed at home thinking she was a lock are the ones I'm referring to.  I do hope there is a similar swing to the one you mention.  In the opposite direction, of course.

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why would you say that? As a conservative I've had nothing but contempt for the Republicans for years. They're demonstrably neither fiscal nor social conservatives.

It shouldn't be about your lifelong contempt for Republicans. It should be about this particular issue. Americans voted for Republicans - and Trump, It was their turn to nominate a judge. Kavanaugh ran the full gauntlet of hearings but ran smack into a politically motivated last minute smear. You're entitled to disagree with his appointment - but your admitted contempt for all things Republican - in the context of this rudderless, contemptible bunch of Democrats is misplaced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The ones who stayed at home thinking she was a lock are the ones I'm referring to.  I do hope there is a similar swing to the one you mention.  In the opposite direction, of course.

As is expected, regardless of Kavanaugh.   Presidents lose seats to the opposition in a natural ebb and flow.   The Democrats can't sink much lower for political power, so they will make gains.

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

Well.....at least you got it somewhat right that some Democrats - SOME - must have at least some moral compass!   That's why Donald Trump became President! 

A lot of Democrats stayed home, out of disgust with Clinton - and the Democrat establishment!  Clinton and her cronies screwed their own - Bernie Sanders!

Heck!  Why are we surprise that Democrats screwed Ford and Kavanaugh? That's what they're good at.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You don't think wrapping yourself in the bible and pretending to be the party of family values while worshiping a vulgar, lying, whore-mongering serial adulterer is hypocritical?

Lol. You're trying to say that supporting Trump is worse than supporting Clinton or Obama? 

- Trump had sex with two women who were financially independent and willing partners, while he was married.

- Clinton was a serial abuser of his own employees, and an actual rapist, while he was married. Which is far worse? Why would you even go there? You lose a million to zero here....

Obama cemented his position as divider in chief when he made a martyr of a cop killer when he said this:

When anyone, no matter how good their intentions may be, paints all police as biased, or bigoted, we undermine those officers that we depend on for our safety. And as for those who use rhetoric suggesting harm to police, even if they don’t act on it themselves, well, they not only make the jobs of police officers even more dangerous, but they do a disservice to the very cause of justice that they claim to promote.

(APPLAUSE)

We also know that centuries of racial discrimination, of slavery, and subjugation, and Jim Crow; they didn’t simply vanish with the law against segregation. They didn’t necessarily stop when a Dr. King speech, or when the civil rights act or voting rights act were signed. Race relations have improved dramatically in my lifetime. Those who deny it are dishonoring the struggles that helped us achieve that progress. But we know…

Note the hypocrisy of the first paragraph. All he ever did was cast aspersions on police. Think I'm kidding? He even goes on to do it again in the next two paragraphs lol:

But America, we know that bias remains. We know it, whether you are black, or white, or Hispanic, or Asian, or native American, or of Middle Eastern descent, we have all seen this bigotry in our own lives at some point. We’ve heard it at times in our own homes. If we’re honest, perhaps we’ve heard prejudice in our own heads and felt it in our own hearts. We know that. And while some suffer far more under racism’s burden, some feel to a far greater extent discrimination’s stain. Although most of us do our best to guard against it and teach our children better, none of us is entirely innocent. No institution is entirely immune, and that includes our police departments. We know this.

OBAMA: And so when African-Americans from all walks of life, from different communities across the country, voice a growing despair over what they perceive to be unequal treatment, when study after study shows that whites and people of color experience the criminal justice system differently. So that if you’re black, you’re more likely to be pulled over or searched or arrested; more likely to get longer sentences; more likely to get the death penalty for the same crime. When mothers and fathers raised their kids right, and have the talk about how to respond if stopped by a police officer — yes, sir; no, sir — but still fear that something terrible may happen when their child walks out the door; still fear that kids being stupid and not quite doing things right might end in tragedy.

When all this takes place, more than 50 years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act, we cannot simply turn away and dismiss those in peaceful protest as troublemakers or paranoid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

You believe in whatever the Republicans say and tell you. I have nearly equal contempt for the Democrats, and the likes of Clinton as I do for the political whores of the Republican party. Which makes me pretty much unbiased in this. But I will certain take Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon over Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson any day of the week for honesty and integrity.

I'm not a sheep or I'd be a left wing sycophant. That's what 99% of the media coverage that we get says we should do.

Do you think Cooper or Lemon were right about Dr Ford's accusations, or Hannity? Hannity listened to it, spelled out the actual evidence, what did Cooper and Lemon tell you to do? They told you to believe her. FFWD to today: no one believes her, and instead of apologizing for their fake story CNN switches the narrative to "Kavanuagh lacks the right attitude" lol. Which is better?

Hannity said that the FBI were corrupt, and it's leaders were showing serious bias in their handling of the Russian collusion case, and that Russian collusion was fake. Sounded like a tall tale at the time - very easy to dismiss as "Fake News". Cooper and Lemon vouch for Russian collusion and don't talk about FBI corruption at all. FFWD to today: FBI leaders are being fired and being investigated for crimes, they're being demoted, Russian collusion is on the scrapheap of old bogus news headlines now. CNN still doesn't talk about FBI malfeasance. So who was right and who was wrong? It's about as close as a fight between Mike Tyson and Mr Bean. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Voter apathy is a huge difference maker in every election. The best known cure is to have your opponent say something like "Your supporters all fit into what I like to call the basket of deplorables" lol.

Hillary blamed a million other things on her worldwide excuses tour, but anyone with a brain knows how she blew it.  

BEST VIDEO EVER!!!!!! (snowflake alert: if you get triggered by awesome stuff, look away!!!!!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Voter apathy is a huge difference maker in every election. The best known cure is to have your opponent say something like "Your supporters all fit into what I like to call the basket of deplorables" lol.

Hillary blamed a million other things on her worldwide excuses tour, but anyone with a brain knows how she blew it.  

Can't disagree with that.  The remainers did the same in the UK.  Pretend everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot and they will be more likely to tell you to get stuffed by voting.