Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Because your points aren't important to me? And I don't need examples. But if you want examples, how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUymzX9ImU

You won't find a single lie on CNN. They don't operate that way. Even FOX avoids outright lying. Instead they simply interview crazy people who spout nonsensical 'opinions', and give twisted versions of the truth.

What democratic narrative? You mean the one where the Republicans in every state are doing their best to keep Black people from voting through a variety of gerrymandering and voter ID laws?

Obama wasn't negotiating from a position of strength against those countries. He was being a whiner and a wimp. Trump had no choice but deal with KJU.

CNN lies all the time. When a guy runs around screaming praises to allah they always start with "It's too early to say that it's Islamic terrorism". They did it about the Pulse nightclub shooting. Tried to pass it off as a gun control issue, even though the guns used were 100% illegal to begin with. You can't watch anything on that channel and take anything they say seriously.

OMG, to say that Republicans are trying to stop people from voting is seriously the best example of drinking the kool-aid that Ive ever seen. Too funny.

25 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I think the problem is some people have zero'ed in on the "Innocent until proven guilty" mantra put forth by the Republicans.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty.  Reasonable doubt.

This is a fantastic standard in criminal cases. A necessary standard in a free nation. I'm a fan!

However, people have been arguing that it is the only standard in all contexts at all times. Yeah...that's bullshit...as evidenced by fresh chants of LOCK HER UP at Trump rallies. This time, Feinstein, not Clinton is in their sights.

This standard is for criminal prosecution. Only. Even in the courts. For instance, in civil trials, this standard is not used. Preponderance of the evidence is used. Pretty vague? Yep. It comes down to who a judge or jury decide best proved their case. There is no reasonable doubt standard nor innocent until proven guilty.

But many Trump supporters are pretending it is also a cultural imperative. LOCK HER UP! That our very society rests on this standard. No it isn't and doesn't. Not even in the courts.

Your kids are playing in the park. A strange man is staring at them. You get an instinctive feeling of danger. Do you tell yourself he is innocent until proven otherwise? Hopefully not. You make your children safe. Because you DO NOT live your life by that standard. No one does.

How many careers or social lives have been destroyed in the past because of claims of homosexuality, or sexual promiscuity, or atheism, or any list of things people decide to be outraged about over the years. They were not operating under innocent until proven guilty, because we never have.

So stop arguing that it is the foundation of our society. It is not, and never has been, and never will be. It is the standard for criminal trials. It is the highest standard in the land. And it's not even the standard for all trials. Only criminal trials.

I'm 100% up to speed on the level of evidence required. I'd even put the required standard miles lower than a preponderance of the evidence for Kavaanugh. Any actual evidence, or corroboration of her specific story, would have been enough to sink Kavanaugh's boat. But her case got weaker and weaker under every level of scrutiny applied to it: FBI investigation, the careful consideration of her own details, testimony from people who knew Dr Ford, character witnesses for BK.... All roads point away from the appearance of guilt. The most compelling evidence backing her claim is that BK might have been really drunk a few times while he was in University. No one who applies for a SCJ position will ever pass that test but even if it's true, you can always find some people to claim the opposite.

The actual evidence is zero point zero zero. 0.00%. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

There's just no evidence aside from 1 woman who lied about several material facts in her case and another woman that had a totally farcical story to begin with.

If you want to abandon presumption of innocence that's just your opinion, but literally no one can ever be appointed to the SC if their political opponents can stop their nomination just by finding two people who are willing to tell lies that are so vague that they can never even be turned into a perjury case. Eventually there will be no more SCJs.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Here ya go, get your hex  on here. Maybe a dunking too who knows. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ritual-to-hex-brett-kavanaugh-tickets-51031211728?aff=efbeventtix

It's sad to see how many people can be influenced to believe such a serious accusation based on such a flimsy case with so many obvious flaws.

If anything, this just proves how important it is to get people on the bench with the ability to impartially consider evidence and testimony. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't know much about the early Obama years. I was happy that they elected an African American, I thought it would be good for the country. All I really ever cared about before was that they didn't start any crazy wars. Obama put the USA in the toilet. He couldn't have done more damage if he tried.

Really? How?

Wrong about Russia, weak against them,

Not as wrong as Trump, who admires Putin.

wrong about Islamic State, weak against them,

I think we're all still waiting for Trump's plan on how he would deal with ISIS. He never actually had one, did he...

wrong about domestic terrorism, weak against them,

In what way? 911, happened on Bush's watch, not Obama's.

wrong about police shootings and ran his mouth, started the country on fire and never did anything about it,

Certainly wrong about this, but he had little to do with the fixation of the media and political leftists on shootings of Blacks,

The Mueller investigation is a huge farce. The FBI has lost every shred of integrity they ever had in the last few years with their "bungling" of the Clinton investigation and now their sham of a "Russian collusion investigation".

I suspect the FBI is going to put Trump and his entire family in prison for money laundering, fraud, bribery, sanctions busting, racketeering and income tax fraud.

You people are still fixated on Clinton and her bloody emails, even though no civilian in history has ever been charged, much less convicted, for using a private email server.

The pressure tactics that they are using on Cohen and Manafort are a disgrace to democracy.

They're absolutely standard, used by every police force throughout all of history, including the ones in Canada.

Obama wasn't negotiating from a position of strength against those countries. He was being a whiner and a wimp. Trump had no choice but deal with KJU.

CNN lies all the time. When a guy runs around screaming praises to allah they always start with "It's too early to say that it's Islamic terrorism". They did it about the Pulse nightclub shooting. Tried to pass it off as a gun control issue, even though the guns used were 100% illegal to begin with. You can't watch anything on that channel and take anything they say seriously.

OMG, to say that Republicans are trying to stop people from voting is seriously the best example of drinking the kool-aid that Ive ever seen. Too funny.

I'm gonna go to our election/referendum and tell them that I have no ID....just to see what happens.

• Like 1

Obama wasn't negotiating from a position of strength against those countries.

What strength was Trump negotiating from? As far as I can tell he gave in to North Korea's demand for a face to face meeting without concessions, and then got nothing in the meeting but smiles and pats on his head.

CNN lies all the time. When a guy runs around screaming praises to allah they always start with "It's too early to say that it's Islamic terrorism". They did it about the Pulse nightclub shooti

Just because they don't rush to judge something terrorism - before the police have made any such determination -- doesn't mean they're lying.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. Except those who get their news and opinions from FOX.

Just now, Hal 9000 said:

I'm gonna go to our election/referendum and tell them that I have no ID....just to see what happens.

The way these demands for voter ID have spread - all of a sudden, despite no evidence of more than the very occasional voter fraud, is due to the Republican efforts to disenfranchise minorities. It isn't just ID they want, but particular kinds of ID that poor people - and thus minorities, often don't have.

16 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

You can do it in the States apparently. Just grab a phone book so that you have 20,000 names and addresses. Go from polling station to polling station and give them a random name from the book. You can vote 20 times in a day if you're fast enough to get around to enough stations.

See how many wildly different people you can vote for. Make sure that their names don't match up with your face just for kicks. 

"Hi I'm Gurpreet Singh and I'm here to vote!"

"Hi I'm Kim Smith and I'm here to vote! You know Kim is a guy's name too, right?"

"Hi I'm Dayquanda Jackson Jr. and I'm here to vote!"

"Hi I'm Sue Johnson and I'm here to vote. My dad was a big Johnny Cash fan."

"Hi I'm Xin Xiaopang and I'm here to vote! Which party do I have to vote for if I want my son to be able to get into Harvard despite the fact that we are asian? Is it the Republicans? Oh it is, ok thanks."

"Hi my name is T^pook Kpok Naoomaopo. This is my first time voting, I grew up in Africa. I lost my tan because of the crappy Seattle weather. Have a nice day!"

Edited by WestCanMan
adding awesomeness

16 hours ago, Argus said:

What strength was Trump negotiating from? As far as I can tell he gave in to North Korea's demand for a face to face meeting without concessions, and then got nothing in the meeting but smiles and pats on his head.

Just because they don't rush to judge something terrorism - before the police have made any such determination -- doesn't mean they're lying.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. Except those who get their news and opinions from FOX.

Strength as in, carrier task forces, plural, on his doorstep? War games at the border. Mad Dog Mattis replying to his threat of shooting a missile by Guam with the simple words "If they shoot a missile towards us that's called war." And getting China to actually impose sanctions against him. That kind of strength. NoKo gave back the remains of some soldiers, let people out of jail, he stepped across the border to sign peace treaties. More progress was made with NoKo in a month  than in the 30 years prior.

They do rush to judge though. "GUN CONTROL ISSUE" came out of their mouths to describe a crime scene with no legal guns on it. When terrorists attack with vans they still talk about gun control.

You are the one who refuses to see Argus. People need ID to drive, to buy booze, to buy guns, to buy weed, to use their medical.... There's nothing easier to do than grab a phone book and go to the polling station to cast votes for people. Your point is literally 100% idiotic and yet you stand behind it puffing out your chest. Get a grip.

16 hours ago, Argus said:

Really? How?

Not as wrong as Trump, who admires Putin.

I think we're all still waiting for Trump's plan on how he would deal with ISIS. He never actually had one, did he...

In what way? 911, happened on Bush's watch, not Obama's.

Certainly wrong about this, but he had little to do with the fixation of the media and political leftists on shootings of Blacks,

I suspect the FBI is going to put Trump and his entire family in prison for money laundering, fraud, bribery, sanctions busting, racketeering and income tax fraud.

You people are still fixated on Clinton and her bloody emails, even though no civilian in history has ever been charged, much less convicted, for using a private email server.

They're absolutely standard, used by every police force throughout all of history, including the ones in Canada.

If you honestly fact checked your own statements Argus pretty much everything you said is a farce and you know it.

I said how, Obaama was the one who said "the 1980's called, they want their foreign policy back", and he was caught on hot mic with Dmitri Medvedev, remember that one? Talk about collusion ffs.

Islamic state was growing under Obama, rapidly dying under Trump. Trump didn't have a "plan", his plan was to let his generals make a plan. That's good leadership.

There were a lot of terrorist attacks while Obama was in the whitehouse, but he refused to talk bad about them. They don't attack as much under Trump now do they? Weird.

So you have suspicions again, not facts.

CLINTON DESTROYED EMAILS AFTER THEY WERE SUBPOENAED. EVEN SNOPES ADMITS IT. THAT'S SOMETHING THAT EVERYONE ELSE ON EARTH WOULD HAVE GONE TO JAIL FOR.

BS Argus. He was offered decades off his sentence to plead guilty to something that's not even a real crime.

Edited by WestCanMan
grammar

You can do it in the States apparently. Just grab a phone book so that you have 20,000 names and addresses. Go from polling station to polling station and give them a random name from the book. You can vote 20 times in a day if you're fast enough to get around to enough stations

Yes, happens literally tens of times a year!

Strength as in, carrier task forces, plural, on his doorstep? War games at the border. Mad Dog Mattis replying to his threat of shooting a missile by Guam with the simple words "If they shoot a missile towards us that's called war." And getting China to actually impose sanctions against him. That kind of strength. NoKo gave back the remains of some soldiers, let people out of jail, he stepped across the border to sign peace treaties. More progress was made with NoKo in a month  than in the 30 years prior.

There has been no verifiable progress. None. Just last month US intelligence said North Korea was increasing its production of nuclear weapons fuel and missile components, and stepping up its efforts to hide facilities.

Any US President could have gotten some old bones shipped home if they'd been willing to grant North Korea's demand for a face to face meeting. None of them were without some concessions from North Korea. Mr. Let's Make a Deal went with no conditions, expressed his love for North Korea's butchering leader, and then went home to bed to eat burgers.

They do rush to judge though. "GUN CONTROL ISSUE" came out of their mouths to describe a crime scene with no legal guns on it. When terrorists attack with vans they still talk about gun control.

Yes, but all the media do in pursuit of eyeballs.

You are the one who refuses to see Argus. People need ID to drive, to buy booze, to buy guns, to buy weed, to use their medical.... There's nothing easier to do than grab a phone book and go to the polling station to cast votes for people. Your point is literally 100% idiotic and yet you stand behind it puffing out your chest. Get a grip.

Odd how the US managed to get through two hundred years without requiring picture ID, ain't it? Suddenly all the Republican controlled states started instituting these strict voter ID laws... for some reason.

I said how, Obaama was the one who said "the 1980's called, they want their foreign policy back", and he was caught on hot mic with Dmitri Medvedev, remember that one? Talk about collusion ffs.

What's Obama's lousy foreign policy got to do with Trump's even lousier foreign policy?

Islamic state was growing under Obama, rapidly dying under Trump. Trump didn't have a "plan", his plan was to let his generals make a plan. That's good leadership.

There has been NO change to military numbers or tactics under Trump. ISIS was dying before he took office, but what really hammered is was Russia, Iran and Turkey. The US has had nothing to do with it.

There were a lot of terrorist attacks while Obama was in the whitehouse, but he refused to talk bad about them. They don't attack as much under Trump now do they? Weird.

You have anything that says there were more attacks under Obama than under Trump?

CLINTON DESTROYED EMAILS AFTER THEY WERE SUBPOENAED. EVEN SNOPES ADMITS IT. THAT'S SOMETHING THAT EVERYONE ELSE ON EARTH WOULD HAVE GONE TO JAIL FOR.

Cite.

BS Argus. He was offered decades off his sentence to plead guilty to something that's not even a real crime.

Not even a real crime? Seriously? LOL. Every criminal is offered a deal if they can flip on a bigger criminal the government is interested in - at all levels in all countries. Have you never even watched a TV detective show?

13 hours ago, Argus said:

There has been no verifiable progress. None. Just last month US intelligence said North Korea was increasing its production of nuclear weapons fuel and missile components, and stepping up its efforts to hide facilities.

Any US President could have gotten some old bones shipped home if they'd been willing to grant North Korea's demand for a face to face meeting. None of them were without some concessions from North Korea. Mr. Let's Make a Deal went with no conditions, expressed his love for North Korea's butchering leader, and then went home to bed to eat burgers.

Yes, but all the media do in pursuit of eyeballs.

Odd how the US managed to get through two hundred years without requiring picture ID, ain't it? Suddenly all the Republican controlled states started instituting these strict voter ID laws... for some reason.

1) Paste a link for the intel on NoKo, and the sanctions are still on there anyways 

2) You said CNN doesn’t jump to conclusions, then you said they all do in pursuit of eyeballs. So you’re admitting that you lied earier. And fyi Fox has the better track record for jumping to the right conclusions, so you should probably tune in there when things happen. 

3) communities are so big now that no one knows 1% of the local voters anymore, so voter fraud is too easy now. There are also over 10M illegal residents in the US. If democracy is important then it’s also important to make sure people get to cast their own votes, and fraud is kept to a minimum. Pretty basic right? Also, what % of legal us citizens have no id, by your estimate? It’s such a small percentage that it’s less of a concern than fraudulent votes, plus it’s such a small cost to get id that a lack of id is no excuse. If you want to vote, get id. Really simple. 

13 hours ago, Argus said:

What's Obama's lousy foreign policy got to do with Trump's even lousier foreign policy?

There has been NO change to military numbers or tactics under Trump. ISIS was dying before he took office, but what really hammered is was Russia, Iran and Turkey. The US has had nothing to do with it.

You have anything that says there were more attacks under Obama than under Trump?

Cite.

Not even a real crime? Seriously? LOL. Every criminal is offered a deal if they can flip on a bigger criminal the government is interested in - at all levels in all countries. Have you never even watched a TV detective show?

No change in tactics? The ability to make command decisions was moved from the Pentagon/oval office down to commanders closer to the situation, so that attacks could be quicker and more effective. Surrounding and killing Isis troops was also a more effective strategy than merely contesting ground and allowing escape. Obama himself admitted that getting rid of Islamic State in Syria would take years. Trump decimated them quickly, down to small pockets of resistance within months. 

Name a big muslim terrorist attack in the US in Trump’s 2 years? There was one every 6 months under Obama. Apparently having a government that wouldn’t condemn the attacks didn’t help them. 

Ill put a link re the deleted emails in the next post. 

Yes, not even a real crime. Don’t you speak english? Trump didn’t commit a crime by getting an NDA signed. People have been on trial for that before. It’s never stood up in court. 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/09/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-deleted-33000-em/

Summary:

A Clinton aide (Mills) said to the company managing Hillary’s server that emails older than 60 days “didn’t need to be kept”. 

A subpoena was sent to Hillary for all the emails on her server. 

About 2 weeks after the subpoena an employee had an “oh shit” moment and deleted 33,000 of them. Then he used bleach bit on the server. That employee also received the subpoena, I saw that in a different fact check page. 

Funny that it’s not that easy to find a decent fact check, and they all start off sounding pretty innocuous until you get down a few paragraphs. No one really says “Yes” right away. 

If we can all give our subpoenaed evidence to other people and it can be destroyed worry-free then subpoenas don’t mean jack anymore. 

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

1) Paste a link for the intel on NoKo, and the sanctions are still on there anyways 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-continues-construction-of-nuclear-research-facility-despite-agreement-to-denuclearize-report

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/22/north-korea-still-developing-nuclear-weapons-iaea-report-un

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/north-korea-still-making-nukes-trump-admin-now-taking-much-n907651

2) You said CNN doesn’t jump to conclusions,

Never said any such thing. I said they don't deliberately lie.

then you said they all do in pursuit of eyeballs. So you’re admitting that you lied earier. And fyi Fox has the better track record for jumping to the right conclusions, so you should probably tune in there when things happen. 

FOX is not a news channel. It is an entertainment channel. Entertainment is its primary purpose, not news. This according to the owner.

3) communities are so big now that no one knows 1% of the local voters anymore, so voter fraud is too easy now.

And yet it virtually never happens.

• Like 1

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/09/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-deleted-33000-em/

Summary:

A Clinton aide (Mills) said to the company managing Hillary’s server that emails older than 60 days “didn’t need to be kept”. 

Yes, BEFORE the subpoena

A subpoena was sent to Hillary for all the emails on her server. 

Afterward.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Yes, BEFORE the subpoena

Afterward.

What comes first, March 4th or 25th? Do you need a hint? Ok I’ll tell you, I’m not good at keeping surprises. The 4th comes first. Your birthday present is a deck of cards with four suits missing. DOH!

Subpoena M4, “Oh shit (this crazy hag is gonna kill me if I don’t break the law for her)” moment M25. 

Edited by WestCanMan
Adding awesomeness

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

What comes first, March 4th or 25th? Do you need a hint? Ok I’ll tell you, I’m not good at keeping surprises. The 4th comes first. Your birthday present is a deck of cards with four suits missing. DOH!

Subpoena M4, “Oh shit (this crazy hag is gonna kill me if I don’t break the law for her)” moment M25.

Dec. 5, 2014: Clinton’s team provides 55,000 pages of emails, or about 30,000 individual emails, to the State Department. Mills tells an employee at Platte River Networks, which managed the server, that Clinton does not need to retain any emails older than 60 days.

March 4, 2015: The Benghazi committee issues a subpoena requiring Clinton to turn over all emails from her private server related to the incident in Libya.

Between March 25-31, 2015: The Platte River Networks employee has what he calls an "oh s---" moment, realizing he did not delete Clinton’s email archive, per Mills’ December 2014 request. The employee deletes the email archive using a software called BleachBit.

It is your own belief, apparently, that at some point after March 4th Clinton personally contacted the employee (who she did not know and had never met) and told them to delete her emails. Unfortunately for you and the Republicans, you can't convict people without actual evidence.

Edited by Argus

8 hours ago, Argus said:

Dec. 5, 2014: Clinton’s team provides 55,000 pages of emails, or about 30,000 individual emails, to the State Department. Mills tells an employee at Platte River Networks, which managed the server, that Clinton does not need to retain any emails older than 60 days.

March 4, 2015: The Benghazi committee issues a subpoena requiring Clinton to turn over all emails from her private server related to the incident in Libya.

Between March 25-31, 2015: The Platte River Networks employee has what he calls an "oh s---" moment, realizing he did not delete Clinton’s email archive, per Mills’ December 2014 request. The employee deletes the email archive using a software called BleachBit.

It is your own belief, apparently, that at some point after March 4th Clinton personally contacted the employee (who she did not know and had never met) and told them to delete her emails. Unfortunately for you and the Republicans, you can't convict people without actual evidence.

8 hours ago, Argus said:

It’s not my belief at all. I don’t care who said what. Those emails were supposed to be turned in. It was her job to get it done. In 3 weeks she never bothered to do it, then they got destroyed. If that’s the new standard then the fbi will never get any evidence by subpoena. 

On 10/1/2018 at 5:09 PM, WestCanMan said:

Agreed, 100%.

I'd actually call it a "several decades after the fact attempted rape casein which all 4 of the alleged witnesses have no knowledge of the event, the plaintiff doesn't know the year or location of the event, and her own lifelong friend never even heard about it."

If no new evidence comes in then it's nothing at all.

I'm just saying that if it somehow gains enough credibility that an unbiased person would say that it likely happened, Kavanaugh's ship is sunk. It's nowhere near that right now.

In 1984 someone drove into the side of my car and left. I assume the driver was Brett Kavanaugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1