Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation

2 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

Is this satire?  Getting drunk in college is disqualifying from any job now except park cleaner?  Who says?  When did people become such prudes?  I thought conservatives were puritanical!  If that actually was disqualifying, nobody would have any jobs besides cleaners.  You people need to seriously get a life already.

It's a disorder I have.  To me, anyone who is so selfish that they would make so much noise enjoying themselves that their neighbours would lose sleep over it are pretty much worse than scum.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Good point.  I don't know the process but I did see the important part: the little weasel evading questions about whether he spoke to Trump's lawyers.

I will gladly chase down the video of him denying the questions, if you promise to retract and apologize when I post it.  Then again, what am I thinking ?  Trump supporters stand behind a liar so their honour shouldn't be trusted.  Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Generally it’s common for appointees to speak to the White House and their council regarding the confirmation process.  You think democrat appointees have never talked to their White House and White House council?  Regardless, I’m not really a big Trump fan.  I support some of his policies, but I tend to find him childish and boorish.  But when tends to make me take his side more than I’d like to, is when people go completely overboard, like you and others have, trying to turn everything into watergate.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

It's a disorder I have.  To me, anyone who is so selfish that they would make so much noise enjoying themselves that their neighbours would lose sleep over it are pretty much worse than scum.

I respect your honesty.

3 hours ago, Wilber said:

Not directly but it can rule on whether Congress properly followed the rules of impeachment. Which as they are the court of final appeal, pretty much amounts to the same thing.

That’s not correct at all.  Do any of you know anything about this?  Please educate yourselves before posting any more.  It’s laughably ignorant.

10 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

That’s not correct at all.  Do any of you know anything about this?  Please educate yourselves before posting any more.  It’s laughably ignorant.

Yes it is, the court cannot impeach but it can determine whether Congress properly followed the rules. Now whether Congress could do it over and correct their mistake is something I do  not know.

55 minutes ago, scribblet said:

If they have lead an exemplary life and career since then, I'm inclined to think that way.  Certainly getting drunk is common so can't see that being a factor.  Uncoroborated accusations are iffy, especially the timing and so on, so yeah.....

Ya but you are talking about a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. That should mean leaving no stone unturned to get to the bottom of multiple accusations, at least one of which comes from a respected academic. But hey, put him on the court that's fine by me, it's not our SC.

Edited by Wilber

8 hours ago, Wilber said:

You're standards for supreme court justices don't seem to include anything they may have done in college.

ANYTHING??? 

Where did you get that????

You're bent on distorting the truth, ain't ya?    All you did was ignore the rebuttal to your silly post about low standards, and move on like as if there's no rebuttals at all.   Typical of Dems.  That's why I say.....they're the lowliest of the lot in politics!  They're not only ruthless in destroying lives - they're destroying Democracy!

That's fine with me as long as it is the SCOTUS and not our court. Americans deserve it.

hahahahaha   Hello mirror - look who's talking! hahahahaha :lol:

See?   Even certain CANADIANS are tainted by them and apply their very low standard! They get right down there.....way, way, way down there.....talking like Democrats!  :lol:

Just check out the weasel-like posts some pro-Ford, anti-Kavanaugh posters say on this forum!  They're not in forums to discuss.  They just want to smear!

Edited by betsy

What I'm concerned about is if the evil Dems win in getting rid of him - how this will all affect Kavanaugh personally.  To say he could become a very bitter man isn't unlikely.   I hope the more he clings to God - because that's where he'll get the strength.  

That historic hearing was watched all over the world.  This fiasco had already done some good (even though it happened at the expense of Kavanaugh)  - it showed the extent that Democrats - with the help of Democrat-supporting media - are willing to go just to get what they want.   This will go down in history. 

It showed  the Democrats think nothing of trampling anyone's rights - democracy be damned - right there before the world to see!  Like, it's just normal.  Undeniably, what's happening is a historic event.  

This could  induce a turning point of some sort.   To what direction - I don't know.

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, Wilber said:

Ya but you are talking about a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. That should mean leaving no stone unturned to get to the bottom of multiple accusations, at least one of which comes from a respected academic. But hey, put him on the court that's fine by me, it's not our SC.

With the way the Democrats had done away with this man's rights - before the whole world - these people are not qualified to be leaders of a DEMOCRATIC country.

Heck, even their party name, is a sham!  "DEMOCRATS," indeed.   Yeah right.  

Imagine their "credibility" promoting democracy in dictator-held countries!

Edited by betsy

8 hours ago, Wilber said:

So it's not okay to be in public office if you drank a lot school,  but it's okay to be President if you did coke.

Meanwhile Ms. Ford hasn't been entirely truthful.  N York Post reported on the polygraph but not the rest of his statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-ex-boyfriend-says-she-helped-friend-prep-for-potential-polygraph-grassley-sounds-alarm

1 hour ago, betsy said:

With the way the Democrats had done away with this man's rights - before the whole world - these people are not qualified to be leaders of a DEMOCRATIC country.

Heck, even their party name, is a sham!  "DEMOCRATS," indeed.   Yeah right.  

Imagine their "credibility" promoting democracy in dictator-held countries!

Are you saying people should ignore credible sexual assault allegations against a potential Supreme Court justice? 

Did you know Trump (who BTW was just exposed in a massive tax fraud) called her allegations "credible"? You're saying it should all be ignored? Should they investigate the lies Kavanaugh told under oath? I'm not sure what you're getting at, other than you hate Democrats.

23 minutes ago, scribblet said:

So it's not okay to be in public office if you drank a lot school,  but it's okay to be President if you did coke.

Meanwhile Ms. Ford hasn't been entirely truthful.  N York Post reported on the polygraph but not the rest of his statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-ex-boyfriend-says-she-helped-friend-prep-for-potential-polygraph-grassley-sounds-alarm

Trump's coke sniffles were obvious from the first debate and he won (illegitimately). Now you're saying he shouldn't be president? 

Juanita Broddrick who accused Clinton is demanding an FBI probe on her Clinton rape claim.   Having said that, I hope Ms. Ford donates most of her $700K to a group which helps women who have been assaulted.

Edited by scribblet

12 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

1. No need Michael - here's everything you'll need. Can we expect an apology from you?  

2. Here's the follow up question that allows Kavanaugh to fully clarify his answer - clear as a big, fat bell.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4430909/kavanaugh-says-he-does-not-recall-conversations-about-mueller-at-trumps-lawyers-law-firm

1. No - his first response was evasive as I said.  

2. Good enough.

10 hours ago, Truth Detector said:

1. You think democrat appointees have never talked to their White House and White House council?  

2. Regardless, I’m not really a big Trump fan.   

3. ...when people go completely overboard, like you and others have, trying to turn everything into watergate.

1. Were the White House occupants under FBI Investigation ?  Don't you think it's slightly different when we are on a trajectory towards constitutional crisis ?

2. Ok.  Just a "big" Trump fan then ?

3. Nixon had a dirty tricks team in place to help him win, and felt that they were arm's length enough to cut loose.  He miscalculated on how inept they were and also didn't figure on the tapes.  I don't think Trump's existence invalidates the morality of the Republicans so much, (although it does do that) as it invalidates the idea that checks & balances alone prevent corruption.  

23 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Juanita Broddrick who accused Clinton is demanding an FBI probe on her Clinton rape claim.   Having said that, I hope Ms. Ford donates most of her $700K to a group which helps women who have been assaulted.

Lol.  She'll need that for the defamation lawsuit!

These people are answering their own question as to why women often don't come forward, especially in cases like this where there is no conclusive evidence. They will stop at nothing to drag the women through the mud, call them liars based on nothing (like how many doors are on her house WTF?), call in death threats, and do whatever they can to try and make them regret ever telling the truth.

The worst parts of humanity. Right here in this thread.

• Thanks 2

Folks might've missed this breaking news, so I'll re-post it here.

Christine Blasey Ford ex-boyfriend says she helped friend prep for potential polygraph; Grassley sounds alarm

She never voiced any fear of flying!  And, what claustrophobia needing 2 -door bulls###? 

She had no problems living in a "very small," 500 sq. ft. apartment with one door!"

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

Folks might've missed this breaking news, so I'll re-post it here.

Christine Blasey Ford ex-boyfriend says she helped friend prep for potential polygraph; Grassley sounds alarm

How is this relevant? Other than to help prove my earlier point?