America's gun problem or is it?

Organized crime are the most heavily armed, but the least likely to engage civilians for no reason. 

Gangbangers are the most likely to bother you, but only in their hood.

The deranged individual, like a Justin Bourque or a James Roszko, that's where you're going to get a gunfight in rural Canada

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The threat skyrockets if one has any dealings or relationships with perp minded folk and their "associates", including deadbeat family members.

Then it's meth head types doing B&Es for quick cash.

Deranged or not....no sympathy.

It's not a question of sympathy, I'm just thinking about what is likely or realistic.  I mean, I could get struck by lightning too, but more likely that than a drive by around where I live.

There are tweakers, but I've not heard of one yet using a gun on anyone.

Most shootings around here have been deranged individuals.  Almost every shooting in this area has been a domestic or some sort of nutjob teeing off at random.

People who are so inclined will be tuned into whatever perp threat is likely for their area.

But the common denominator for perp and homeowner alike is often a firearm (or two).

Guns are an inseparable part of America, language, and culture.

Ultimately, guns are perceived as personal (and group)...power.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Most shootings around here have been deranged individuals.  Almost every shooting in this area has been a domestic or some sort of nutjob teeing off at random.

Add deranged people to the list of folks to avoid.    But do not hesitate to shoot them if necessary.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Add deranged people to the list of folks to avoid.    But do not hesitate to shoot them if necessary.

The reason I see them as being a high chance to have to shoot threat, is that they tend to be people who snap, but without any warning, and are less likely to be deterred once they snap.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

But if you're not selling drugs in America, very little chance you will actually be in a gun fight.  Probably  as much chance as you would in Canada.

A majority of Americans are more likely to experience gun suicides than a gun fight with a perp.   

"He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" - Poor Richards Almanac

Just now, Dougie93 said:

The reason I see them as being a high chance to have to shoot threat, is that they tend to be people who snap, but without any warning, and are less likely to be deterred once they snap.

Anybody can snap under the right conditions....but some more than others.    And they all have the right to a gun in America unless a convicted felon or mentally defective.

Guns are all around me, but I do not fear them.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Anybody can snap under the right conditions....but some more than others.    And they all have the right to a gun in America unless a convicted felon or mentally defective.

Guns are all around me, but I do not fear them.

I don't think there's much difference in terms of guns.  There's plenty of guns in Canada.  Americans just shoot each other more.  It's the culture not the guns.

I don't think there's much difference in terms of guns.  There's plenty of guns in Canada.  Americans just shoot each other more.  It's the culture not the guns.

Canadians shoot each other more than in other OECD nations as well, and find other lethal means (e.g. knives).  

But yes, in America one is more likely to be shot, because guns are part of the culture (personal power).

Perception is delusional.  Organization is power, logistics is power, wealth is power, guns are just guns.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

To wit, South Carolina could resist the FBI, but an individual in South Carolina who resists the FBI, will of course be shot, and South Carolina won't do anything about it.

Keep and bear arms empowers the individual to defend themselves and their property, which, that can be done in Canada.

The well regulated Militia only has power if the state is invoking it as an insurrection against Washington.

Which, not likely, since Washington's leverage is King Dollah not King George.

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

You, individually, do not have a right to resist a tyrannical government with your gun, that's a states right not an individual right.

The U.S. Supreme Court has affirmed an extension to the individual right to own and bear arms, for individual (lawful) purposes.