America's gun problem or is it?

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I wouldn't be intimidated by the rifle, sir.  

The shotgun is by far and away the harder weapon to master and the most difficult to employ tactically for the non operator, whereas a NATO battle rifle is inherently accurate and easy,  point and click.

Meh....I trained our crews for nuclear weapons security and they were far more proficient with the Remington 870 riot gun than the M14.   Sight alignment and trigger control is less of an issue with shotguns.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Meh....I trained our crews for nuclear weapons security and they were far more proficient with the Remington 870 riot gun than the M14.   Sight alignment and trigger control is less of an issue with shotguns.

But I could kill them all easily with the M14 and they'd never get a shot off near me.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

But I could kill them all easily with the M14 and they'd never get a shot off near me.

Good for you...most civilians (including my wife) are not trained killers with marksmanship medals.

M14s are not very practical below decks in a submarine.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good for you...most civilians (including my wife) are not trained killers with marksmanship medals.

M14s are not very practical below decks in a submarine.

Shotgun is harder to master for a female.  My wife is much more accurate with the C8 than she is with the 870.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

My shorty prefers the shotgun....she has her own "youth" model.    Doesn't like the Bushmaster either.

It is of course at your prerogative, sir, but in my estimation, any American who is not rocking at least one battle rifle, is not doing their duty to the State Militia.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

It is of course at your prerogative, sir, but in my estimation, any American who is not rocking at least one battle rifle, is not doing their duty to the State Militia.

Those are for shooting deer in my neck of the woods.

Canadians shooting for the first time in 'murica:

Shooting deer with a battle rifle?  That's sick.  What's the point of hunting deer if you don't give them a chance?  Shooting deer with battle rifles is not hunting, that's liquidation.

That's the idea....our wolf population just isn't getting the job done.

All my American kin hunt deer with bolt action or black powder.   Deer hunting being a sport, where you give the deer a chance to get away, so that it is, sporting.

Deer culls have nothing to do with a sporting good time.   They even use suppressors.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Like, why would you pump a twenty round mag into a deer?  If they are so numerous that you have to cull them, what's wrong with .308 bolt to the head?

Depends on the contractor...some use .243 with suppressors at night, because people are usually not around.    It's not about "pumping" twenty rounds.

Well battle rifles are for maximum volume of repetition fire downrange, there's no need for a battle rifle to shoot deer, unless you are want to pepper these deer with a hail of fire.

I mean, I don't think deer have much of an inner life, but I do think they feel pain.

Edited by Dougie93

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well battle rifles are for maximum volume of repetition fire downrange, there's no need for a battle rifle to shoot deer, unless you are want to pepper these deer with a hail of fire.

I mean, I don't think deer have much of an inner life, but I do think they feel pain.

Some people have only one semi-automatic rifle, so one size fits all.   They shoot all kinds of varmints.    Not sure why deer are so special besides Bambi and permit fees to harvest in season.