America's gun problem or is it?

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I just try to hunt animals without being cruel.  In terms of Homo Sapiens Sapiens, only by lawful order of the crown. 

If you steal my truck I'll just leave that to the constabulary and call my insurance company.

We don't care 'bout no steenkin' crown....that's when the shootin' got real good to begin with, so we made it a constitutional right.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

We don't care 'bout no steenkin' crown....that's when the shootin' got real good to begin with, so we made it a constitutional right.

I frankly do everything I can to avoid shooting people, even in America that's a life complication you don't need.   I only maintain proficiency for extremis.

Edited by Dougie93

Just now, Dougie93 said:

It's a two way range, I don't see any reason to open fire if I can back off and they don't fire at me.   Getting shot hurts, being a good shot doesn't make you bullet proof.

That a decision for each person to make at the time...a safe retreat may only delay the armed assault for a more vulnerable, defensive position.

I am not waiting for them to fire...but that's just me.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm brave about taking a round in the flesh, but I fear being paralyzed, which is a common result of a gunfight, so I will avoid a gunfight if at all possible, to include tactical withdrawal as optimal.

If the perps knew that everyone would run away in retreat, it would be open season.

Well, I'm only shooting my way out of a home invasion if we are trapped.   If we can flee, then we will flee, because once the rounds start flying, I'm sure to hit the target, but criminals might just spray the place and hit my wife through the walls.   If I can avoid contact, I will avoid it, I'm not coming out swinging if I can walk away.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

In Canada, it's not likely to be punks doing a home invasion.  Home invasion is big time here, usually pros, or organized crime, or deranged persons.

Let Canada do Canada...but in 'Murica your ass will be shot first and questions asked later.  

“God made man, Sam Colt made men equal, but John Browning keeps men free.”

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I wouldn't do that even if I was an American.  There is civil liability to consider as well, easy to shoot someone in America, but even easier to sue them.

80% of concealed carry classes are about legal liability....but people are still shot many times each day.

There was a news account several years ago about some guy pointing a gun at Canadian border agents to affect suicide, but they refused to shoot him.   Told the guy to cross the U.S. border and the American police would be happy to oblige him.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I've had guns pointed at me more than a few times, including Ak-47's, I just played it cool, wasn't going to make me any safer to go for the drop from there.

Your rules of engagement...others have their own.    Pointing a firearm at somebody is just bad manners !

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Your rules of engagement...others have their own.    Pointing a firearm at somebody is just bad manners !

When a West Indian gangster draws down on you, you're probably not walking around with your gun at the low ready at that moment.

I'm fast on the draw, but not so fast that I can beat a draw already drawn.

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

When a West Indian gangster draws down on you, you're probably not walking around with your gun at the low ready at that moment.

I'm fast on the draw, but not so fast that I can beat a draw already drawn.

They usually won't draw on open carry to begin with.   Even a West Indian knows the rules are different in 'Murica than in Canada.

It's not a Hollywood movie or 1950's western TV show.

That's the thing about criminals, they expect you to have a gun, because criminals mostly jack other criminals, so when criminals jack you, they don't telegraph that its coming, and they come in force, so everytime it's happened to me, it was fait accompli before I knew what was happening.   I didn't have gun, but even if I had, gangsters roll up quick, and in numbers.