America's gun problem or is it?

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I fear Canadian police less than American ones, but maybe that’s perception because of the publicity over the bad apples who shot blacks for next to nothing.  Personally I think we’re all over policed and I support the snowflake policy of cutting spending on police to pay for more community supports, to get to the root of the social problem that cause crime. 

None the less, you have invoked  me as being an American Foreign Devil, even tho I am a Canadian Army veteran as loyal to the Crown as can be, simply because I do not share your ahistorical  narrative of Canada.

Jimwd did it as well, he inferred that a Canadian Patrol Pathfinder was an American Foreign Devil in this thread.

So that's the Royal Canadian Regiment and the Canadian Airborne Regiment being asserted as de facto enemies of the state, when we are the ones defending the state, and the left are the ones burning it down.

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

None the less, you have invoked  me as being an American Foreign Devil, even tho I am a Canadian Army veteran as loyal to the Crown as can be, simply because I do not share your ahistorical social history narrative of Canadian.

Jimwd did it as well, he inferred that a Canadian Patrol Pathfinder was an American Foreign Devil in this thread.

So that's the Royal Canadian Regiment and the Canadian Airborne Regiment being asserted as de facto enemies of the state, when we are the ones defending the state, and the left are the ones burning it down.

I don’t call foreigners devils.  I’m not sure yet how I feel about your military service because I need to know that our Canadian military are loyal to the country and willing to fight to protect it.  Your abdication of duty towards the country of Canada, whose military you served, is incomprehensible to me.  Clearly you hold some kind of major grudge against the country.  I’ve told you, love it or leave it.  Since you appear to want to stay here, I assume you’ve made your choice.  Dale Carnegie said, “never complain; never explain”, which means either we change our situation if we can, or if we can’t, accept it.  Embrace the good things and try to change what you don’t like is pretty much all I can advise.  I have learned that most things have a cost, so if you get something you’re probably going to have to give up something. 

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I don’t call foreigners devils.  I’m not sure yet how I feel about your military service because I need to know that our Canadian military are loyal to the country and willing to fight to protect it.  Your abdication of duty towards the country of Canada, whose military you served, is incomprehensible to me.  Clearly you hold some kind of major grudge against the country.  I’ve told you, love it or leave it.  Since you appear to want to stay here, I assume you’ve made your choice.  Dale Carnegie said, “never complain; never explain”, which means either we change our situation if we can, or if we can’t, accept it.  Embrace the good things and try to change what you don’t like is pretty much all I can advise.  I have learned that most things have a cost, so if you get something you’re probably going to have to give up something. 

Accusing me of abdication of duty is of course defamation, I could easily in court prove my service to the Crown.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I could argue that your comments about the “failed nanny state” of Canada are treasonous, but I have to shovel the driveway again.  

Treason infers that I have betrayed an oath to which I was sworn, which again I could easily prove to be false in court.  So again, defamatory libel published to the Internet.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Treason infers that I have betrayed an oath to which I was sworn, which again I could easily prove to be false in court.  So again, defamatory libel published to the Internet.

Take up strategy with your legal team.  In the meantime I’ll rely on argument and freedom of expression.  

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Take up strategy with your legal team.  In the meantime I’ll rely on argument and freedom of expression.  

I don't sue people frivolously, none the less it would be quite easy for a Canadian decorated veteran to be made whole by the courts, upon publishing to the internet that he was a traitor.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't sue people frivolously, none the less it would be quite easy for a Canadian decorated veteran to be made whole by the courts, upon publishing to the internet that he was a traitor.

Much of what is said on here is rhetorical for the purpose of persuasion.  I don’t know anyone’s true motives or loyalties.  I just suggest considering the value in the country you served that you seem to dismiss as failed or not even a country.  There’s so much to work with and appreciate here.  There are still many problems, but these can only be fixed on the premise that there’s a bigger picture society worth protecting.  I believe very strongly that there is.  If Ontario or Upper Canada or Canada as a whole ever transforms or becomes part of something else, it should only happen because the people will it.  I think good science and democratic institutions keep us on course.  

Most of what is published here is constitutionally protected free speech,  none the less, the part where someone would publish to the internet that a Canadian decorated veteran who holds to his oath unto death as necessary, is a traitor,  amounts to the dictionary definition of defamatory libel under Canadian law.  And the Canadian law is quite strict about it.

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Most of what is published here is constitutionally protected free speech,  none the less, the part where someone would publish to the internet that a Canadian decorated veteran who holds to his oath unto death as necessary, is a traitor,  amounts to the dictionary definition of defamatory libel under Canadian law.  And the Canadian law is quite strict about it.

Run to the “nanny state” when it serves you.