America's gun problem or is it?

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Troll away, but get back to guns or this thread gets locked.  

Well I often trolled Democrats about guns, similar to this thread, except no morally dependent Millennial rules where if someone is upsetting you by what they say,  you report them to some ostensible forum sheriff to make them stop.

Edited by Dougie93

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well I often trolled Democrats about guns, similar to this thread, except no morally dependent Millennial rules where if someone is upsetting you by what they say,  you report them to some ostensible forum sheriff to make them stop.

This forum has established boundaries and limits....those who can't operate in that envelope don't last very long, and should find another forum to their liking.

We get gun threads here off and on depending on current events, mass shootings, legal rulings, etc.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't even invoke the second amendment in America, it's easily overcome by Article II war powers, I invoke the Declaration of Independence, which empowers Americans to make war on America as necessary, in the name of divine providence.

The Declaration of Independence is/was an instrument of war against the British Crown by thirteen states/colonies.

Gun rights are derived from subsequent Articles of Confederation and Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This forum has established boundaries and limits....those who can't operate in that envelope don't last very long, and should find another forum to their liking.

We get gun threads here off and on depending on current events, mass shootings, legal rulings, etc.

Yeah, I don't mind it, I submit to the rules here, just saying, they are effective censorship, because clearly there is a forum clique and clearly their ideology influences what is called "trolling" as opposed to simply being provocative. 

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The Declaration of Independence is/was an instrument of war against the British Crown by thirteen states/colonies.

Gun rights are derived from subsequent Articles of Confederation and Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

Pretty sure all rights subsequent the preamble, were derived from the Creator therein.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, I don't mind it, I submit to the rules here, just saying, they are effective censorship, because clearly there is a forum clique and clearly their ideology influences what is called "trolling" as opposed to simply being provocative. 

You have no freedom of expression (Charter) rights in a private web forum.

Learn the rules of the game, or seek true love elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You have no freedom of expression (Charter) rights in a private web forum.

Learn the rules of the game, or seek true love elsewhere.

I just said I submit to the rules here, I certainly do not invoke the Charter on private property, but that doesn't mean there isn't ideological censoring going on under the rubric of "moderation"

I am aware of the Canadian Overton Window and associated propensity to overreact to boat rocking.

Edited by Dougie93

I don't actually have any desire to troll, been there done that, with the Americans.  These are mostly Canadians here, so there's no cross border rivalry, so I'm not trying to flame them.

Other the hand, there's lots of trolling going on here, but for simply addressing it in respectful good faith, I have already been accused of trolling several times over.

The main issue that I have encountered, is that Canadians don't actually know their own history, and simply invoking it seems to incite an Overton Window upon it.

Liberal Party of Canada Eskimo Communism runs deep.

Edited by Dougie93

And just to get back on topic, it's that way with the guns as well, Americans know their history, Americans know their rights.  Canadians don't.  That's the main difference.

I don't say that to flame Canadians, I don't say that to give comfort to Americans.  It's just the truth.

Edited by Dougie93

I mean, case in point, some idiot Canadian lipped off to a Canadian Patrol Pathfinder in this thread, as if that Patrol Pathfinder was some sort of American.

Literally Captain Canada himself graces this thread, and the Canadians don't even recognize him.

It would be like a Navy SEAL talking to Americans, and they somehow dismiss him as foreign devil. Which, doesn't happen.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Many Canadians associate guns with Americans...and it's a negative association, despite high firearms ownership in Canada.

Gun homicide rates were at historical lows until recent upticks, but still trending down overall.

Canadians are Americans.   Canadians simply do not know their own history. 

They're weaned on made up nonsense imposed by the left in the 1960's, who erased Canadian history, so they could replace it with one more to their liking.

And this is how Canada came to be a fake country, the left in Canada is absurdly bourgeois.  The most bourgeois people in history.

The most pampered and protected, ever.   Except they don't protect and pamper themselves, America protects and pampers them.

Thus the left in Canada is under the pathological delusion that freedom is free.

The right in Canada is simply outvoted two to one, because the Eskimo Communists have successfully indoctrinated the majority of Canadians, by way of the CBC

So much so, that Canadian Patrol Pathfinders are now foreign devils to the Post Soviet Marxist State.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

And this is how Canada came to be a fake country, the left in Canada is absurdly bourgeois.  The most bourgeois people in history.

The most pampered and protected, ever.   Except they don't protect and pamper themselves, America protects and pampers them.

Thus the left in Canada is under the pathological delusion that freedom is free.

The right in Canada is simply outvoted two to one, because the Eskimo Communists have successfully indoctrinated the majority of Canadians, by way of the CBC

So much so, that Canadian Patrol Pathfinders are now foreign devils to the Post Soviet Marxist State.

When there were important wars to fight, Canada was there, and from the beginning in support of allies, before and even if we weren’t attacked.  WW1 blasted a hole through this country.  As always Canada tries to be all things with a small country spread out over a large territory.  The territory fools people into thinking we’re bigger than we are.  Our population is just over half the size of France and less than half the size of Germany.  Canadians are trying to maintain a society that they value,  which includes gun control, universal health care, and so forth, in the face of a country with 10 times our population to the south and an undefended border, not to mention Russian aggression in the Arctic.  Damn right we count on the support of NATO, international rules based organizations, and traditional alliances like the Commonwealth.  

In the First World War,  Canada charged into it with unbridled glee.  Reason being, Canadians felt like they had been kicked out of the British Empire, that the British had left them at the mercy of the Americans, so when  Franco-Prussian War Two escalated into the Great War by way of Belgian Neutrality, this was going to be Canada's big chance to prove to London that Canadians were more British than the British.  

By the end of the War the British had been forced to sell the Empire to Wall Street, so Canada really was left to the mercy of the Americans then.

In terms of fooling anybody, Canada doesn't fool anybody outside of Canada, that Canada is anything more than an obsequious crony state of Washington, populated by a people who are indistinguishable from Americans, nobody outside of Canada can tell the difference between a Canadian and an American, even Americans, who accept Canadians as being Americans, just the snooty weird ones from that frozen hockey thingy up there.

In terms of NATO, NATO was literally cooked up by Canadian diplomats, who then enlisted the Brits to sell it to Washington, and the reason was exactly so that Canada could get the Americans to provide the military so Canada could spend on its welfare state.   

The Americans bought it then, but they've figured it out by now,  Free Rider Fake Country is Canada's name in America naow.

I mean, if you go deep into America, away from the border states, and away from the cosmopolitan cities, most Americans literally think Canada's relationship to America is like Puerto Rico's, it's Puerto Rico North, hence why they are shocked when someone tells them they just can't roll into Canada packing the guns they pack everywhere else in America.

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

In the First World War,  Canada charged into it with unbridled glee.  Reason being, Canadians felt like they had been kicked out of the British Empire, that the British had left them at the mercy of the Americans, so when  Franco-Prussian War Two escalated into the Great War by way of Belgian Neutrality, this was going to be Canada's big chance to prove to London that Canadians were more British than the British.  

By the end of the War the British had been forced to sell the Empire to Wall Street, so Canada really was left to the mercy of the Americans then.

In terms of fooling anybody, Canada doesn't fool anybody outside of Canada, that Canada is anything more than an obsequious crony state of Washington, populated by a people who are indistinguishable from Americans, nobody outside of Canada can tell the difference between a Canadian and an American, even Americans, who accept Canadians as being Americans, just the snooty weird ones from that frozen hockey thingy up there.

I disagree very strongly with those assertions.  Many foreigners notice a difference between Canadians and Americans.  We tend to be less brash and more sensitive to other countries’ approaches.  I experienced this first hand overseas.  I also hear it from visitors.  Again, it’s in general, as there are xenophobic Canadians and modest Americans.  It’s not a universal distinction.  

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

In terms of NATO, NATO was literally cooked up by Canadian diplomats, who then enlisted the Brits to sell it to Washington, and the reason was exactly so that Canada could get the Americans to provide the military so Canada could spend on its welfare state.   

The Americans bought it then, but they've figured it out by now,  Free Rider Fake Country is Canada's name in America naow.

Wrong.  Canada could’ve taken more control in Europe at the end of WW2, including a piece of Germany.  Instead Canada relinquished authority in Europe to the Yanks, much as the Brits did.  It was about trusting allies and establishing protections like NATO. 

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

I disagree very strongly with those assertions.  Many foreigners notice a difference between Canadians and Americans.  We tend to be less brash and more sensitive to other countries’ approaches.  I experienced this first hand overseas.  I also hear it from visitors.  Again, it’s in general, as there are xenophobic Canadians and modest Americans.  It’s not a universal distinction.  

Typical Canadian self deluded virtue signalling and desperately fabricating a distinction without a difference, classic case of.

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Wrong.  Canada could’ve taken more control in Europe at the end of WW2, including a piece of Germany.  Instead Canada relinquished authority in Europe to the Yanks, much as the Brits did.  It was about trusting allies and establishing protections like NATO. 

Canada couldn't have done anything to control anything at the end of World War Two, the Canadian government had relinquished command of Canadian forces to the British, who had put the American Dwight Eisenhower in charge.