Our PM speaks in french only in France.

16 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

I am dam sure that the french media in Quebec would be howling if the kid gave a speech in English only anywhere. I know how they think because I was born and raised there. At least the french will stand up for their language and culture where the English won't do the same. Actually, I don't think that the English will stand up for anything anymore. I guess that you can call me one of the last of the English Mohican Indians. :D

From a point of view of a small country and we have to learn foreign languages in order to cope in the world it seems somewhat funny how in big countries such as France, Spain, Russia, Germany etc people who are monoglots may consider themselves as patriotic for not being able to speak any foreign language.

In a small country people who only speak their first language are not viewed as patriotic but just uneducated.

6 hours ago, taxme said:

I am dam sure that the french media in Quebec would be howling if the kid gave a speech in English only anywhere. I know how they think because I was born and raised there. At least the french will stand up for their language and culture where the English won't do the same. Actually, I don't think that the English will stand up for anything anymore. I guess that you can call me one of the last of the English Mohican Indians. :D

So you're as bad as the rest of us? You should be all upset because he didn't speak Mohican then... 

21 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

So you're as bad as the rest of us? You should be all upset because he didn't speak Mohican then... 

Maybe he is upsetting all the Indians in Canada because he won't play Mr. Dressup for the Indians by wearing some kind of a feathered head piece and outfit during his speeches. Hey, if you are going to speak Mohican than you better speak Huron or Iroquois also. We don't want to get a tribal war going on here. But no, I was not upset that he did not speak Mohican. Just that he did not speak English. 

On 4/23/2018 at 12:58 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Another bouquet of trite statements.  Who doesn't respect strength ?  :lol:

Then don't act weak. Very simple, but nothing seems simple to these liberals ,in which the old liberals do not agree with.

9 hours ago, PIK said:

Then don't act weak. Very simple, but nothing seems simple to these liberals ,in which the old liberals do not agree with.

Speaking of simple strong solutions and not being weak, when are you conservatives going to finish what Pinochet started?  Now there was a conservative without the courage of his convictions.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:55 PM, taxme said:

We are not allowed to stand up for anything or we are all called racists, where quebec gets away with everything. 

1 hour ago, PIK said:

We are not allowed to stand up for anything or we are all called racists, where quebec gets away with everything. 

Don't you think falsely accusing a world leader of being Jewish is justification for suspecting someone of racism ?  Does anybody on that side ever take responsibility for their statements ?