Edmonton latest Canadian city to taste Muslim terrorism

Argus

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's horrible, not much else to say.

I agree, but car bombs are worse.

Still today, years later in civilized Canada, while walking on a street, I always look far ahead at parked cars in front to see if they are low.

I know that it makes no difference but, well, car bombs are terrifying.

Edited by August1991

20 minutes ago, August1991 said:

I agree, but car bombs are worse.

Still today, years later in civilized Canada, while walking on a street, I always look far ahead at parked cars in front to see if they are low.

I know that it makes no difference but, well, car bombs are terrifying.

What do you do if they are?  I once told a BC Ferry employee about a bag someone had left behind on a seat and they just said "so what?".

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What do you do if they are?  I once told a BC Ferry employee about a bag someone had left behind on a seat and they just said "so what?".

bcsapper, you miss my point. What you do is irrelevant.

With car bombs, every second you walk in a street with parked cars, you are afraid.

1 minute ago, August1991 said:

With car bombs, every second you walk in a street with parked cars, you are afraid.

I don't know.  There's an awful lot of cars out there.  What if you see a Ferrari?

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Indeed....now watch the Islamist supporters carefully change their narrative that nobody was actually killed...just stabbed and maimed !

One supporter is already parrotting what a liberal pundit was trying to sell on tv yesterday:  dissonance.

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

That's right.  Blame stress.

Contradictory values contribute to the stress........do I smell a class action lawsuit in the future?  Blame Canada for having  contradictory values with Islam?   Blame Canada for the stress?  Huh.  

Edited by betsy

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, I'm listening.  I'm looking for ideas and information that will help us (you, me, anybody) move forward after today.

"Move forward" has taken on a new meaning these days.  It means, "Stop talking about it.  Move on."

and....."sweep it under the rug NOW."

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cannuck said:

Will be interesting to see how the Liberal government deals with this one.   Since he didn't actually KILL anyone, I guess his $10mm is down the tubes, but maybe $1mm a head for every citizen he could maim.

Wait for the lawsuit.  It'll be Canada's fault for causing the dissonance in his head.   We'll be issuing an apology  to boot.

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, August1991 said:

Stabbings are horrific, too. 

I suppose......profiling is inevitable.  What race is more likely to go on a stabbing spree for Allah?   Makes for an interesting thread.

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, betsy said:

"Move forward" has taken on a new meaning these days.  It means, "Stop talking about it.  Move on."

and....."sweep it under the rug NOW."

the only way forward involves dumping the government of the day that is so inept it simply wakes up every morning and checks in on what screw-ups they Euroweenies have made today, and simply do the same thing.

2 minutes ago, cannuck said:

the only way forward involves dumping the government of the day that is so inept it simply wakes up every morning and checks in on what screw-ups they Euroweenies have made today, and simply do the same thing.

So here I sit ready to listen, and I'm confronted with blame on 'they Euroweenies'.  So much argument forfeiture happening on here.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So here I sit ready to listen, and I'm confronted with blame on 'they Euroweenies'.  So much argument forfeiture happening on here.

IDIOTIC policy of removing refugees from their own land and culture and resettling where they are neither welcome nor good fit

climate change ineptitude (lack of ability to understand carbon cycle)

Worst of all: believe that an economy can run on purely speculative investment (yeah, you might say that is American, but in reality the push comes from Europe)

generally just drift mindlessly to the left.   It ALWAYS fails, so why do we allow it to happen?

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

1. IDIOTIC policy of removing refugees from their own land and culture and resettling where they are neither welcome nor good fit

2. climate change ineptitude (lack of ability to understand carbon cycle)

3. Worst of all: believe that an economy can run on purely speculative investment (yeah, you might say that is American, but in reality the push comes from Europe)

4. generally just drift mindlessly to the left.   It ALWAYS fails, so why do we allow it to happen?

1. Removing?  Explain?

2. & 3. Off topic and needs more explanation

4. Needs more explanation.

Edited by Michael Hardner

Are we in danger of these Muslim extremists or White nationalist extremists?

Neither.

This incident is only alarming to some of you because the guy is a Muslim. That's how emotional, primitive brains work.

THE OTHERS ARE COMING!

No wait, we already have over 1 million Muslims in Canada. It doesn't matter that every Muslim organization has fully condemned the attack by this unstable guy. The unstable guy represents Islam and Muslims, the 99.9999% other Muslims do not.

17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

So you can deny being stupid and still be stupid.

And you can deny supporting terrorism and still support it.

Got it.

Do you know any stupid people who ADMIT to being stupid?

19 hours ago, taxme said:

We will probably hear some sob story from the media that this guy just didn't understand Canadian values and ways of doing things, and had problems trying to fit in.

To bloody bad for him.

This problem of 'fitting in' is a two-way street given how many people didn't want this guy to fit in.  Canadians who actively do their best to make it 'bloody bad' for people shouldn't be surprised when they finally snap under the pressure of so much fear and loathing.

It must be relentless too, I wonder how many disparaging messages or things a day on average a Muslim reads, sees or hears and how much time their thoughts are preoccupied trying to process them?  I'm reminded of how John Kofi in the Green Mile compared the sensation of being loathed to bee stings.  How many bee stings a day...day after day after day...do people think they could handle before snapping?   

Edited by eyeball

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No, I don't.  The other example is a little stranger though in that I can't see somebody supporting terrorism on here.

I wouldn't say anyone here would openly support terrorism. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if certain members took a grim satisfaction in being "right" about the outrage caused by 'western policies' in the middle east, though. Much like those who felt gratified at the world trade center destruction. Whatever is done to us is our own fault, after all.

36 minutes ago, Argus said:

I wouldn't say anyone here would openly support terrorism. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if certain members took a grim satisfaction in being "right" about the outrage caused by 'western policies' in the middle east, though. Much like those who felt gratified at the world trade center destruction. Whatever is done to us is our own fault, after all.

I don't think anybody here would have felt that way.  I'd be surprised anyway.

50 minutes ago, Argus said:

I do recall some posters liking the idea of me getting offed by Jihadis @ eyeball's suggestion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think anybody here would have felt that way.  I'd be surprised anyway.

Vindication is not the same as satisfaction but the terms will be conflated regardless for the very same deliberate reason understanding and support are viewed as one and the same.