Compensating Khadr

11 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Eyeball has it basically right and you have it dead wrong. Except that eyeball's comments about the parents make no sense. What could he/she be suggesting? That Khadr shouldn't taught to oppose US wars of aggression and the slaughter of his people?

No I'm suggesting that leaving Khadr's parents off the hook is intended to make the war on terror not a war.  If Khadr's parents had properly been charged with illegally indoctrinating a child soldier according to our UN commitments the legality of our conduct in this conflict, not to mention the legality of the conflict itself would be thrown into question and our governments would have to account for war crimes including the maltreatment of POW's.

But since there was no real war, there were no real soldiers, no POW's and no children were indoctrinated....this is how we gave ourselves the licence to behave no better than terrorists really.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

His people?

Yes, of course! We don't become exclusively Canadians and throw away our ethnic heritage. That is only a Conservative ideal and isn't in the least representative of what Canada and Canadians are or should be.

The Con party seems to believe that Chinese people for instance, should throw out all of their ethnic traditions and be pure and true Canadians. The Liberals amongst us know that is not the way decent Canadians should think. Or, the most pertinent example of Conservative hypocrisy is suggesting that Muslims should become Xtians and wear clothes that are befitting of pure white Canadians.

The CPC and so many of their followers are full of hate and arrogance that supposes Canadians must follow their preferred model. Just ask one!

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

No I'm suggesting that leaving Khadr's parents off the hook is intended to make the war on terror not a war.  If Khadr's parents had properly been charged with illegally indoctrinating a child soldier according to our UN commitments the legality of our conduct in this conflict, not to mention the legality of the conflict itself would be thrown into question and our governments would have to account for war crimes including the maltreatment of POW's.

But since there was no real war, there were no real soldiers, no POW's and no children were indoctrinated....this is how we gave ourselves the licence to behave no better than terrorists really.

Canada's UN commitments are really only US commitments being imposed on our country by the US in order to lend support for their many wars of aggression. Nato is nothing more than a tool of the US. 

How can any decent Canadian think that a combatant taking part in a US war and acting against the US could be an illegal combatant or a criminal? They're in fact more legitimate than the US military. When will Canadians get past this barrier to clear thinking and call a spade a spade? Didn't the phony Iraq war condemn US motives enough for all Canadians? 

Are Conservatives totally blind to reality?

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Chretien went to bat for his father and got him out of jail and sent back here. Chretien is to blame for all this.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Them too, the PhonyCons are bourgeois liberal panty waists trying to play tough, but they are not prepared to kill and die for their convictions neither. 

Who do you want to kill now Doubie? Let me guess! Those people who are fighting against US aggression throughout the world? 

44 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Canada's UN commitments are really only US commitments being imposed on our country by the US in order to lend support for their many wars of aggression. Nato is nothing more than a tool of the US. 

How can any decent Canadian think that a combatant taking part in a US war and acting against the US could be an illegal combatant or a criminal? They're in fact more legitimate than the US military. When will Canadians get past this barrier to clear thinking and call a spade a spade? Didn't the phony Iraq war condemn US motives enough for all Canadians? 

Are Conservatives totally blind to reality?

Are you that blind to see that the UN is run by thugs. And trudeau is selling us out as fast as he can so he can get a good gig with the UN. Dictators run the UN, and trudeau will fit in well.We need to get out of that organisation and fast.

Just now, montgomery said:

Who do you want to kill now Doubie? Let me guess! Those people who are fighting against US aggression throughout the world? 

Ultimately, the Westphalian Nation State is underpinned by its capacity to generate subjects prepared to kill and die in its defence, and while I was prepared to kill and die for Canada in my youth,  tho not eager, over the years I simply figured out that Canadian Confederation was in fact a Fake Country and as such not worth killing nor dying for, so now I am only prepared to kill or die in collective and individual self defence of me and people like me, Confederation be damned.

2 minutes ago, PIK said:

Are you that blind to see that the UN is run by thugs. And trudeau is selling us out as fast as he can so he can get a good gig with the UN. Dictators run the UN, and trudeau will fit in well.We need to get out of that organisation and fast.

When the US wants to start a new war their preference for getting approval is the UN. The US is in tight with the UN as long as the UNSC agrees with their warring agenda.

But Nato is the US's fall back 'authority' for war when the UN opposes war, as it's mandate dictates it does. If the CPC can see legitimacy in Nato sanctioning the US to go ahead on it's planned war, then the UN's mandate will have been defeated.

Not so fast! China and Russia hold the power to veto US led wars, and will continue to do so. The US won't be granted the right to start a war with Iran and slaughter those people in the same way as the US did to Iraqis. This is how M.A.D. has saved the world from a third world war. No matter whether Nato thinks it can  get away with it or not.

1 hour ago, montgomery said:

Yes, of course! We don't become exclusively Canadians and throw away our ethnic heritage. That is only a Conservative ideal and isn't in the least representative of what Canada and Canadians are or should be.

The Con party seems to believe that Chinese people for instance, should throw out all of their ethnic traditions and be pure and true Canadians. The Liberals amongst us know that is not the way decent Canadians should think. Or, the most pertinent example of Conservative hypocrisy is suggesting that Muslims should become Xtians and wear clothes that are befitting of pure white Canadians.

The CPC and so many of their followers are full of hate and arrogance that supposes Canadians must follow their preferred model. Just ask one!

Omar was born in Toronto. Islam isn't a race...it's a religion. 

His people?

43 minutes ago, PIK said:

Chretien went to bat for his father and got him out of jail and sent back here. Chretien is to blame for all this.

No, Chretien merely shares blame, 

I'm the meantime responsibility for "all of this" should be laid at the feet of Canadian voters.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

No. We stood shoulder to shoulder with the US in the war on terror with all its illegal, amoral and unprincipled warts so it's entirely accurate to say we maltreated him.

Personally I think he should have been given $110 million, 10 million to compensate him and a 100 million to punish Canada for being so fucking stupid. 

We were compelled to participate in Afghanistan due to our membership in NATO. For the past several decades our membership in NATO has been a cornerstone of our national security security and foreign policy regime. The Afghanistan conflict was not an illegal war. It was a legitimate response to a grotesque attack (9-11, remember that?) on a member state by a group, Al-Qaeda, that was being sheltered and assisted by sovereign state, the Taliban-governed Afghanistan. Reading the posts of some on here generates the impression that the terrorists were acting in the cause of justice and peace. All I can say in response to this is WOW! Perhaps some of these people would be happier living somewhere else under a repressive tinpot dictatorship.

Personally, I think Khadr should have been billed for his airfare back to Canada. Any abuse he suffered related to his treatment by U.S. authorities. Why did he not sue the U.S.? If his case had ever been heard by jury of his peers (i.e. other Canadians), how much do you think he'd have received? My guess: Not much.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

Eyeball has it basically right and you have it dead wrong. Except that eyeball's comments about the parents make no sense. What could he/she be suggesting? That Khadr shouldn't taught to oppose US wars of aggression and the slaughter of his people?

I've been advised not to respond to your posts. Please do not respond to or address my posts or I'll report it as bullying.

4 minutes ago, turningrite said:

I've been advised not to respond to your posts. Please do not respond to or address my posts or I'll report it as bullying.

Best not to respond to these tactics as responding just gives baiters and flamers more oxygen, rising to their bait gives them what they want.  

2 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Best not to respond to these tactics as responding just gives baiters and flamers more oxygen, rising to their bait gives them what they want.  

My point stands. We paid a man millions to fight and kill Canadian and American soldiers...and we must be okay with it as he's still allowed out in polite society.

18 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Reading the posts of some on here generates the impression that the terrorists were acting in the cause of justice and peace. All I can say in response to this is WOW!

I feel the same way about people who defend some of the most heinous actions the West has taken in the the last 65 years towards the ME region.

Perhaps some of these people would be happier living somewhere else under a repressive tinpot dictatorship.

You people OTOH seem to be happiest when we're forcing innocent people to live under a dictatorship. 

3 hours ago, montgomery said:

This is way beyond political stoogery Montgomery. It's blatant hate/fear mongering. 

Is this all that you do all day? Just go around promoting terrorism & Trudeau, and slandering the Conservatives? 

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

You've described Harper and Scheer! 

You don't think Trudeau is bourgeoisie? He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and hardly worked a day in his life. He just kept dropping out of university and sucking at jobs until he was gifted the Liberal party as his own shiny little bauble.

1 hour ago, turningrite said:

Reading the posts of some on here generates the impression that the terrorists were acting in the cause of justice and peace.

In the "Trudeau worst PM Ever" thread Montgomery said that the US had 9/11 coming. So the impression that you got was entirely accurate.

Now the terrorist sympathizers are out promoting Trudeau and painting Scheer and the PCs as racists and greedy capitalists with no remorse.

He was trying to get me banned or suspended for calling him a terrorist sympathizer but it doesn't work, because I just keep quoting the parts where he says the US had 9/11 coming to them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I feel the same way about people who defend some of the most heinous actions the West has taken in the the last 65 years towards the ME region.

You people OTOH seem to be happiest when we're forcing innocent people to live under a dictatorship. 

What are some of the most heinous things that happened in the ME in the last 65 years?

Are you talking about when Pakistan was formed, much in the same way as Israel, and then they committed genocide against the Hindus that were left there? Or maybe operation searchlight, when Pakistani militias raped about 300,000 women as part of an ethnic cleanse in Bangladesh? Do you know that Pakistan is still considered the world's worst oppressor of other religions? Google that stuff before you disregard it and call it "mumbo jumbo' like Monty does when he wants to ignore something. Just don't be afraid to learn something and spend ten minutes on Google.  

What dictatorships are people being forced to live under? Isil was a dictatorship but Trump sorta killed those guys.

Where then? Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia isn't that great of a place if you're a woman. Did you see the girl on CBC of all places, last night? The one that wanted to get out of Saudi Arabia because she's an apostate and has legitimate fears of death at the hands of her own family members? Just like the girl that was dragged out of the Manilla airport by her uncles and then never heard from again....

Stop insinuating things about unnamed places and acting like you're educating us eyeball. Name some names, get pwned properly.