Americans better buckle up for 8 years of Donald Trump

I think it should have become clear to all anti-Trumpists that they should stop underestimating him. Trump has got where he is now largely because he has been underestimated by his opponents.

1 minute ago, -TSS- said:

I think it should have become clear to all anti-Trumpists that they should stop underestimating him. Trump has got where he is now largely because he has been underestimated by his opponents.

He's only done one thing.  He won the election.  True, that was an achievement, and it showed his team was a lot smarter than Hillary's team because he did it with fewer votes. 

But the rest has been a disaster.  He's a laughing stock pretty much everywhere in the world apart fom his base.

And sadly, for me anyway, he's dragging America down with him.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

He's only done one thing.  He won the election.  True, that was an achievement, and it showed his team was a lot smarter than Hillary's team because he did it with fewer votes.

Not true...President Trump has reversed many Obama era domestic and foreign policies as promised:

• Canceled TPP for U.S.
  • Withdraw form Paris Agreement
  • Approved Keystone XL pipeline
  • Refugee/Deportation rules
  • Coal mining
  • NAFTA
  • Social Security records & guns
  • WH lifetime foreign lobby ban

Trump has appointed and the Senate has confirmed a new SC associate justice (Neil Gorsuch).

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/26/what-trump-has-done-his-first-100-days-office/

He has also booted NATO deadbeats like Canada and Germany in the ass to great effect, much more so than President Obama.

But the rest has been a disaster.  He's a laughing stock pretty much everywhere in the world apart fom his base.

And sadly, for me anyway, he's dragging America down with him.

So find another nation to worship/worry about....maybe one that is in far more trouble (e.g. United Kingdom)...and it has nothing to do with Trump.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

17 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not true...President Trump has reversed many Obama era domestic and foreign policies as promised:

• Canceled TPP for U.S.
  • Withdraw form Paris Agreement
  • Approved Keystone XL pipeline
  • Refugee/Deportation rules
  • Coal mining
  • NAFTA
  • Social Security records & guns
  • WH lifetime foreign lobby ban

Trump has appointed and the Senate has confirmed a new SC associate justice (Neil Gorsuch).

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/apr/26/what-trump-has-done-his-first-100-days-office/

He has also booted NATO deadbeats like Canada and Germany in the ass to great effect, much more so than President Obama.

So find another nation to worship/worry about....maybe one that is in far more trouble (e.g. United Kingdom)...and it has nothing to do with Trump.

Yeah, I know he has done that stuff.  I did mention laughing stock.

I'll worry about your country as much as i like, thanks. 

19 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

If Trump is as bad as you people claim, and the Republicans are still winning elections, doesn't that tell you people something about the state of the Democrats?  They're like a really bad sports team that refuses to accept that they need a rebuild.  Look, you won the cup back in '08, but your players are old, tired and weak...probably a little senile - time to move on.

Or... a lot of Americans are not getting accurate information about what is going on. I.e., the FOX viewers. I happened to check out, for comparison purposes, the FOX web site and several others after the latest incarnation of the "screw the poor health act" and on the FOX one it said nothing about there being big tax breaks for the rich, nor anything about the big cuts to medicaid or that millions would lose their health care. FOX doesn't like to mention things like that, so their viewers aren't going to see it unless they look at another channel.

2 hours ago, -TSS- said:

And because daddy left him millions and millions of dollars, of course. Let's not forget that one.

Just now, bcsapper said:

Yeah, I know he has done that stuff.  I did mention laughing stock.

I'll worry about your country as much as i like, thanks. 

So President Trump has done more than just win an election.

Worry as much as you please....it matters not.   The U.S. did not get to be a global superpower by worrying about foreign opinion.

Canada isn't laughing about NAFTA, KXL, softwood lumber, or NATO.

58 minutes ago, Argus said:

Or... a lot of Americans are not getting accurate information about what is going on. I.e., the FOX viewers. I happened to check out, for comparison purposes, the FOX web site and several others after the latest incarnation of the "screw the poor health act" and on the FOX one it said nothing about there being big tax breaks for the rich, nor anything about the big cuts to medicaid or that millions would lose their health care. FOX doesn't like to mention things like that, so their viewers aren't going to see it unless they look at another channel.

Patently false.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/25/trump-upbeat-about-passing-obamacare-overhaul-amid-gop-senators-concerns.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/unhealthy-outlook-for-repealing-obamacare-as-some-gop-senators-defect-from-bill.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/21/senate-gop-health-bill-reportedly-would-roll-back-obamacare-taxes-penalties.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So President Trump has done more than just win an election.

Worry as much as you please....it matters not.   The U.S. did not get to be a global superpower by worrying about foreign opinion.

Canada isn't laughing about NAFTA, KXL, softwood lumber, or NATO.

It didn't get to be a global superpower by allowing a clown to take the reins, either. 

Enjoy it while you can.

While we bandy about over unimportant matters, unsubstantiated rumours from anonymous sources, the Trump admin is busy pushing their agenda forward.

All the MSM does is ridicule and jeer about Donald Trump, and that is all the knee-jerk reactionaries are aware of. They buy that kind of crap, as if a superpower like USA would actually put themselves at risk over one man. However, this media hysteria is getting tiresome and the accusations are going nowhere. People will inevitably see through this charade. That and the fact Democrats have not made any useful political statements of their own bodes well for the Republicans, and empowers the right worldwide. Eight years of Trump is a possibility.

55 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

While we bandy about over unimportant matters, unsubstantiated rumours from anonymous sources, the Trump admin is busy pushing their agenda forward.

All the MSM does is ridicule and jeer about Donald Trump, and that is all the knee-jerk reactionaries are aware of. They buy that kind of crap, as if a superpower like USA would actually put themselves at risk over one man. However, this media hysteria is getting tiresome and the accusations are going nowhere. People will inevitably see through this charade. That and the fact Democrats have not made any useful political statements of their own bodes well for the Republicans, and empowers the right worldwide. Eight years of Trump is a possibility.

I am sure they have safe guards against the risks that an idiot like Trump could create, however I wonder if they want to keep those guards up for 8 years. I doubt it, and so with a number of impeachable items to choose from, I can easily imagine seeing one of them, such as emoluments, pursued. 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I have enjoyed it my entire life, regardless of who is president.   I certainly don't worry about the clowns running Canada.

Nope, you've got your own clown to worry about. What has he tweeted today? I'm sure you keep track.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Keep on imagining, from one day to the next, one fantasy to the next.

Perhaps your not familiar with the legal content of the US constitution.

If you're old enough to have been around during the Nixon years you would be having a flashback currently. 

Edited by Omni