Shooting at republicans

Sadly, this may not surprise many people since the US has had many politicians who have been shot at in the past but to do it with kids were around the baseball field is true nuts. The gunman asked if this was a Rep. or Dem playing and then started shooting makes it look like he  targeted Republicans. I wonder  if he watches "The View" because since day one Joy and at times,others, just go off and  raise the fear of what Trump is going to do and that he needs to be gone   Shows and other Americans that keep repeating and repeating this fear will .drive certain people to take matters into their own hands, such as this. Since it was the Rep. attack, and they hold the majority, will gun control come  into being?                                                  http://www.cnn.com/

If Kindergarten kids being shot didn't change gun laws, nothing will. It's engrained in their culture. 

Security dealt with this guy. Clearly wasn't Muslim terrorism. They'll just move along. 

The Republican talking points will probably revolve around the political motivations of the shooter. 

57 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I wonder  if he watches "The View" because since day one Joy and at times,others, just go off and  raise the fear of what Trump is going to do and that he needs to be gone   Shows and other Americans that keep repeating and repeating this fear will .drive certain people to take matters into their own hands,

And you take their "gone" to mean that they want Trump killed? You don't seem to have a very good grasp of what freedom of speech means.

4 hours ago, Boges said:

If Kindergarten kids being shot didn't change gun laws, nothing will. It's engrained in their culture. 

Security dealt with this guy. Clearly wasn't Muslim terrorism. They'll just move along. 

The Republican talking points will probably revolve around the political motivations of the shooter. 

And how fortunate it was that 'good men with guns' were around to save the day.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

And how fortunate it was that 'good men with guns' were around to save the day.

Yeah, shocking that members of congress had security. 

Mass shootings are rarely, if ever, thwarted by civilians that are packing. 

Then again mass shootings usually happen in "Gun free zones".  

I wonder if the fact it was Republicans that were targeted will open their eyes at all that perhaps a few gun laws might not be such a bad idea. Or will they simply harden the already failed notion of the NRA of letting anybody/everybody have guns will reduce gun deaths.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

The difference between a muslim terrorist and a leftists is becoming increasingly blurred.

Oh well, its not like you good folks don't know what needs to be done about us.

Lumping us all together is a good start down that road.

40 minutes ago, Omni said:

I wonder if the fact it was Republicans that were targeted will open their eyes at all that perhaps a few gun laws might not be such a bad idea. Or will they simply harden the already failed notion of the NRA of letting anybody/everybody have guns will reduce gun deaths.

Do you really have to ask that question? Some will think they should have had guns on the field. 

Just like with terrorism, each side has their own talking points they scurry to. 

The fact this dude was a Democrat is all 2nd Amendment advocates had to hear. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Do you really have to ask that question? Some will think they should have had guns on the field. 

Just like with terrorism, each side has their own talking points they scurry to. 

The fact this dude was a Democrat is all 2nd Amendment advocates had to hear. 

Maybe they will set to work designing an AR-15 with a stock that can double as a baseball bat. Just make damn sure the safety is on when you step up to the plate.

5 hours ago, Topaz said:

I wonder  if he watches "The View" because since day one Joy and at times,others, just go off and  raise the fear of what Trump is going to do and that he needs to be gone                                                

4 hours ago, hot enough said:

And you take their "gone" to mean that they want Trump killed? You don't seem to have a very good grasp of what freedom of speech means.

Not saying he should go anywhere, except by legal means, but the "do" in the first quote indicates that freedom of speech isn't the issue.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The difference between a muslim terrorist and a leftists is becoming increasingly blurred.

Stats Canada tells us that anti-Muslim hate crimes in Canada rose by 5% nationally, but by 39% in the Conservative stronghold of Alberta.  

The guy who killed six Muslims was a rightist.

Clearly no group is immune from crazies thinking violence is a solution.  Perhaps our culture shod address that instead of throwing shade.

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Stats Canada tells us that anti-Muslim hate crimes in Canada rose by 5% nationally, but by 39% in the Conservative stronghold of Alberta. 

A total of 159, most of which were words.

Btw, the top cities for hate crimes are all in Ontario, starting with Thunder Bay for some reason (probably natives), which is represented by a pair of Liberal MPs. The second worst city is Kitchener-waterloo, where five of six MPs are Liberal, and the third highest is Peterborough, also represented by Liberal MPs. The fourth is Hamilton, represented by 2 Conservatives, 2 Liberals and 2 NDP.

Your effort at implying areas which vote Tory are more likely to have a high incidence of hate crime is based on no facts.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Clearly no group is immune from crazies thinking violence is a solution.  Perhaps our culture shod address that instead of throwing shade.

We're an NDP stronghold...

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

A total of 159, most of which were words.

Btw, the top cities for hate crimes are all in Ontario, starting with Thunder Bay for some reason (probably natives), which is represented by a pair of Liberal MPs. The second worst city is Peterborough, also represented by Liberal MPs.

I admit some liberal leaning people are fruitcakes.  Some are stupid.  Some lie.  Some are violent.   

Can you admit the same about conservative-leaning people?

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I admit some liberal leaning people are fruitcakes.  Some are stupid.  Some lie.  Some are violent.   

Can you admit the same about conservative-leaning people?

Was that in dispute? You attempted to corelate hate crimes with conservative supporters. I simply pointed out they don't actually correlate.

• Like 1

Just now, dialamah said:

One election result among five or six does not make for a directional change of lean.  

Yeah, I know.  I was kidding.  But having said that, I might vote for Rachel come the next one.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Was that in dispute? You attempted to corelate hate crimes with conservative supporters. I simply pointed out they don't actually correlate.

Yet you failed to care or comment on OW correlating Liberals with Muslim terrorists.

Go figure.

On average, about 300 people are shot in the U.S. every day for a variety of reasons, and no reason at all.   About 80 will die, including the suicides.   Doesn't really matter if they are Democrats or Republicans...liberals or Muslims.   Most don't make the national news...even in Canada.

Politically motivated shootings of elected members of government and candidates for office is as old as the country itself.

So just as before...play ball...I'm glad the charity baseball game will go on as scheduled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Liberal propaganda intended to portray Stephen Harper and the CPC as Islamophobic. They used statistics to make is sound like every time the Hijab was discussed in the House of Commons, there was an attack on Muslims somewhere in Canada, and implied they were directly linked. Our Liberals are taking page from the Dems in the USA, using the same method... lying to the public.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Liberal propaganda intended to portray Stephen Harper and the CPC as Islamophobic. They used statistics to make is sound like every time the Hijab was discussed in the House of Commons, there was an attack on Muslims somewhere in Canada, and implied they were directly linked. Our Liberals are taking page from the Dems in the USA, using the same method... lying to the public.

What are you on about?   The Muslims were killed after Harper and the Stats Can study was out this week.   Nothing to do with Harper as far as I'm concerned.

10 minutes ago, dialamah said:

What are you on about?   The Muslims were killed after Harper and the Stats Can study was out this week.   Nothing to do with Harper as far as I'm concerned.

Watch CTV News and you'll know what I'm on about. They tried to correlate the stats to Harper government comments about the Hijab. And they had a fat old muslim lady saying so in the microphone. These are the people who tell us what to think now.