Who is your daddy?

6 minutes ago, hot enough said:

A typical conservative illogical deduction.

I asked you a simple question,  does Israel have a right to exist?   You are being evasive.   It is dishonest to post all that info and then not answer the simple question.   It's part of the anti Israel strategy I guess to not admit they have a right to exist.

4 hours ago, hot enough said:

Just ask B_C2004. She enthusiastically embraces the slaughter of innocents by the USA with her "Rah rah USA" chants. 

Correct...the U.S. is just better at doing it than is your own country's "slaughter of innocents".

So spare me from the moral outrage and get on with the BDS game.  

Israel is still alive and kicking the ass of its enemies, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hot enough said:

A typical conservative illogical deduction.

Just curious.

If not the US,  who should we be allies With? 

Can't be the UK cause of the whole empire thing.

Not Russia cause of the same reasons and war crimes.

Not China cause of the same reasons as Russia and US.

France? They are the ones that started Vietnam.

So I am curious. Who should we be allies With? 

30 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Correct...the U.S. is just better at doing it than is your own country's "slaughter of innocents".

So spare me from the moral outrage and get on with the BDS game.  

Israel is still alive and kicking the ass of its enemies, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

With the help of 3 billion bucks a year and a shitload of military supplies the likes of USAx3

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Those dead kids didn't see it coming.

Neither did the families who were evicted from their homes so that Jews could take over them.

Not to mention children who have to walk miles to get to school, because they're not allowed to travel on the Jewish only roads that are placed on their land.

Israel is kickass!

43 minutes ago, marcus said:

Those dead kids didn't see it coming.

Neither did the families who were evicted from their homes so that Jews could take over them.

Not to mention children who have to walk miles to get to school, because they're not allowed to travel on the Jewish only roads that are placed on their land.

Israel is kickass!

Agreed...Israel looks after Israel's interests very well indeed.  

I hope "those kids" are not pinning their hopes to the BDS movement, and we already know how PLO decisions and actions have helped them so much in the past.   

BDS that....

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Historically the land of Israel belongs to Israel.

Care to explain what you mean by this?

You are using the word 'historically' as if there was a land called Israel a millenium ago.....

The problem with your argument is that when you use such a vague statement then your question about Israel's right yo exist becomes laughsble. People who read your statement have the right to question the credibility of your knowledge of the region....But in your head you have this fixed template that your vague statement above is correct and therefore legitimises the question for Israel to exist. Well it doesn't....,

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...Israel looks after Israel's interests very well indeed.  

I hope "those kids" are not pinning their hopes to the BDS movement, and we already know how PLO decisions and actions have helped them so much in the past.   

BDS that....

Hamas men said: Go play on the beach where those reporters can see you...you'll be fine.

6 hours ago, kactus said:

Care to explain what you mean by this?

You are using the word 'historically' as if there was a land called Israel a millenium ago.....

The problem with your argument is that when you use such a vague statement then your question about Israel's right yo exist becomes laughsble. People who read your statement have the right to question the credibility of your knowledge of the region....But in your head you have this fixed template that your vague statement above is correct and therefore legitimises the question for Israel to exist. Well it doesn't....,

There are many website with the history of Israel.  This is just one.  I cannot say it is perfect as I am not a historian on Israel.  But it seems reasonable.  There is a concise chronology chart which you can view easily.  It goes back at least 3000 years.

http://history-of-israel.org/history/time_line.php

Incidentally the name Palestinian was invented by the Roman Empire about 2000 years ago as a sort of poke at the Jews.  It came from the name of the Philistines, Israel's ancient enemy in the Old Testament.   Recall the story of David and Goliath.  The Palestinians are simply Arabs who live throughout the various countries in the region.

Edited by blackbird

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Palestinians are simply Arabs who live throughout the various countries in the region.

Not exactly, and in fact Palestinians are just as Semitic as many of the Jewish peoples who also live/lived throughout the various countries in the region.  In fact these are closer to each other genetically than they are to anyone else.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not exactly, and in fact Palestinians are just as Semitic as many of the Jewish peoples who also live/lived throughout the various countries in the region.  In fact these are closer to each other genetically than they are to anyone else.

I never said Arabs in the region were not Semitic people.. 

I also never said people who call themselves Palestinians were not Semitic people.   Jews, Palestinians, Arabs are all Semitic people.

The definition of Semite  -- a member of any of the peoples supposed to be descended from Shem, son Noah, including esp. the Jews, Arabs, Assyrians, and Phoenicians.  (compact Oxford Canadian Dictionary).

Dictionary definition of Arab -- a member of a Semitic people originally inhabiting Saud Arabia and the neighbouring countries, now the Middle East generally.

Wikipedia definition of Palestine --

Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين‎‎ Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn; Greek: Παλαιστίνη, Palaistinē; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: פלשתינה Palestina) is a geographic region in Western Asia between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. It is sometimes considered to include adjoining territories. The name was used by Ancient Greek writers, and was later used for the Roman province Syria Palaestina, the Byzantine Palaestina Prima, and the Islamic provincial district of Jund Filastin. The region comprises most of the territory claimed for the biblical regions known as the Land of Israel (Hebrew: ארץ־ישראל Eretz-Yisra'el), the Holy Land or Promised Land. Historically, it has been known as the southern portion of wider regional designations such as Canaan, Syria, ash-Sham, and the Levant.

Situated at a strategic location between Egypt, Syria and Arabia, and the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, the region has a long and tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. The region has been controlled by numerous peoples, including Ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Israelites and Judeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Ancient Greeks and Macedonians, the Jewish Hasmonean Kingdom, Romans, Byzantines, the Arab Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimid caliphates, Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mamluks, Mongols, Ottomans, the British, and modern Israelis, Jordanians, Egyptians and Palestinians.

The boundaries of the region have changed throughout history. Today, the region comprises the State of Israel and the Palestinian territories in which the State of Palestine was declared.    Unquote

I hope this information will be helpful.  I realize it does not answer the question as to whether the State of Israel is a legitimate state or not.  One's view of that will probably depend on one's belief about biblical history and how the state came to be re-established in 1948.

21 minutes ago, hot enough said:

"history", pretty funny, blackbird. A book of fiction is not history.

Even if you do not believe in the bible as a written revelation for God, and would therefore not believe God gave the Jews that promised land as recorded in the Bible, the historical fact is that Israel did exist in that area several thousands years ago, for a very long period of time, until Rome destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D. and the surviving Jews scattered to different countries.  The land was fought over much in the past 2000 years.  Then in the 20th century many Jews returned to the land and the nation of Israel was proclaimed in 1948.

Incidentally, the city of Jerusalem is not even mentioned in the Quran while Jerusalem is mentioned frequently in the Old Testament, which is also basically the Jewish Bible and now part of the Christian Bible.  I believe Mecca is mentioned in the Quran as an important centre for Islam.  But Jerusalem is the eternal holy city for Jews right through history and the Old Testament.

The Jewish temple had been built by King Solomon in Jerusalem.  It was destroyed around the time of the Babylonian captivity. After the Jews were released from captivity and the King of Persia, Cyrus, allowed the captives to go back to Jerusalem and rebuild the temple.   Then it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D.   Subsequently after Islam was started in the 7th century, the Muslims built the Dome of the Rock right on top of the Jewish temple mount.  That is what stand there today.

Edited by blackbird

27 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I never said Arabs in the region were not Semitic people.. 

I also never said people who call themselves Palestinians were not Semitic people.   Jews, Palestinians, Arabs are all Semitic people.

You're not the only one in this discussion. A number of people around here act as if Palestinians were some sort of alien modern-day creation of Anti-Semites.

I hope this information will be helpful.  I realize it does not answer the question as to whether the State of Israel is a legitimate state or not.  One's view of that will probably depend on one's belief about biblical history and how the state came to be re-established in 1948.

If only it were that simple.  Much of the information used and abused in this issue depends on your politics in the here and now and where real history is transformed into psychobabble that's indistinguishable from biblical history.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You're not the only one in this discussion. A number of people around here act as if Palestinians were some sort of alien modern-day creation of Anti-Semites.

If only it were that simple.  Much of the information used and abused in this issue depends on your politics in the here and now and where real history is transformed into psychobabble that's indistinguishable from biblical history.

I added a little more information to my previous post as an amendment after you made a comment.

On 4/22/2017 at 7:51 PM, blackbird said:

Historically the land of Israel belongs to Israel.  Would you accept that Israel has a right to exist?

Seriously? There are still people who go for that argument?

The overall Jewish actual inhabitance in Palestine throughout history, amounting to 200 to 260 years, is much less than the Arabs’ amounting to about 1192 years.

Suddenly these people need to GTFO because thousands of years ago, Jews lived there and so these European Jews (who actually have less lineage to the original inhabitance than the Arabs) can take their homes? Think about this argument for a bit.

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not necessary....nobody has the right to land, only the right to defend possession.

Israel does this far better than do its enemies.

How long has the Crown "owned" Canada ?

You may be okay with unlawful acts by the mafia who happen to have bigger guns and who take away people's possessions, but I'm not.