Quran have been attacked

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

My causes are mainly women's issues. I have volunteered, fund-raised and donated clothing, housewares and money to shelters in whichever city I'm living in. 

I also am into animal rescues. I've had 3 rescue dogs, my kids rescue animals and I volunteer to work with various animal rescue societies.

I have attended marches for various other causes and signed petitions and informed myself of many issues.

I also consider myself an Ambassador for flamenco. :)

We each do what we can to make the world a better place.

What do you do for your 9/11 cause?

Do you realize that at least 25% of the 4 million of the murdered are children? 

You ask, "What do you do for your 9/11 cause?" when you clearly know what I do. And instead of addressing the hard issues in a frank, open and honest western fashion, you have been supporting the most virulent racists with your silence. Why?

Isn't your post an excellent example of what far too many honest, kind, war and loving westerners are doing/have been doing as their 911 cause?

On 2017-03-26 at 0:36 PM, Altai said:

Anti-Islamic protesters attacked Quran during a meeting in Canada. Its not problem we have 10 billion other copies but the problem is this action is the outward appearance of a person's tendency to violence. So they are animating to destroy "Islam" by ripping a book. These persons are Anders Breiviks of the future. 

They should be detained and should be rehabilitated. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/03/23/ontario-schools-muslim-prayers_n_15568254.html

You know back in the middle ages (much of the past 1700 years) people who spoke against the Roman Catholic church teachings  were considered as heretics.  The Roman Catholic church was very powerful and controlled kings, queens, emperors and countries in Europe.  They had the Inquisition in parts of Europe for hundreds of years where heretics could be tried, tortured, and burned at the stake.  Many were.  The Spanish Inquisition was very infamous.  You can google it if you don't know.  Much of this history has been minimized.  The powers that be get to write the history.   After the Reformation 500 years ago, the western world gradually changed and rights of the individual became part of the constitutions of countries and the RCC lost much it's power over many countries and individuals.  The Holy Roman Empire collapsed and after year of wars and political struggles, republics and democracies rose out of the ashes. They could no longer silence critics or people who have a different religion or view of the world.  Many people also fled the oppression in Europe to come to America in the 1700s to seek a new life and freedom to live and practice their religions in peace.

In the last couple centuries, democratic countries adopted Constitutions which guarantee basic freedoms like freedom of expression, freedom of religion, freedom of association.    I am thankful to live in a country which still respects these fundamental freedoms.  One will not be arrested and "rehabilitated" for exercising their basic freedom of expression.   If one want to burn a certain book or holy book in public, they are not breaking any law because that is their right to do so.  What one believes about any religion or holy book is a matter of personal belief and cannot be legislated by government.  The better way to convince someone of the error of their beliefs and the correctness of your beliefs is by rational discussion and for christians, the use of the bible.  Book burning does not accomplish much and with some people causes hostility.   Or if you wish to go around speaking to people on the street or knock on doors to try to convince people of your point of view, you are free to do that.  Many parts of the world do not have these basic freedoms.  Many places a citizen cannot criticize the government or leaders.  In the western countries, that is considered a democratic right.  We must always be on our guard because there are people who want to take away our fundamental freedoms in the interest of protecting people from offense and political correctness.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, hot enough said:

You ask, "What do you do for your 9/11 cause?" when you clearly know what I do. 

Actually, I don't "clearly know what you do" about your cause.

Does it involve more than just Internet arguments with random strangers  that mostly involve name-calling and insults? 

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I am thankful to live in a country which still respects these fundamental freedoms. 

Nice diversionary screed, bb. 

Are you equally thankful to live in a country that prevents others from doing this or actively supports countries like the US/UK that butcher people who want the same things?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Actually, I don't "clearly know what you do" about your cause.

Does it involve more than just Internet arguments that mostly involve name-calling and insults? 

Yes, you also know that it is much more than your diversion. The simple fact that you won't address the 4 million murdered Muslims or any of the other issues I raised says a lot - despite mouthing platitudes about how great, how open and honest the west and we westerners are, you hide behind little stories about what you are doing to be a kind, loving person. 

Do people like this avoid discussing the totally unnecessary deaths of 4 million people? Eisenhower dragged German civilians to the death camps to show them what was done in their name. Is this what it will take?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

Nice diversionary screed, bb. 

Are you equally thankful to live in a country that prevents others from doing this or actively supports countries like the US/UK that butcher people who want the same things?

You are totally obsessed with a false view of the world.  You have been reading or been taught a string of falsehoods.  You can be helped but only if you are willing to listen and change.    I would hazard a guess that I am forty years older than you and have been studying and reading things for decades longer than you.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are totally obsessed with a false view of the world.  You have been reading or been taught a string of falsehoods.  You can be helped but only if you are willing to listen and change.    I would hazard a guess that I am forty years older than you and have been studying and reading things for decades longer than you.

How are we to put any faith in a guy who demands we believe only his rants? "hazarding guesses" seems to be all you can do.

Edited by hot enough

42 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I wasn't telling you that you HAVE TO read it.

It's just difficult to discuss a book's points (not all of which I agreed with) with someone who hasn't read it and would refuse to read anything critical of Islam.

You never heard of Bruce Bawer and have never read anything of his, but you're already highly critical of him and have already branded him a racist Islamophobe.

I'm always surprised when people use Wiki as a source here. When I was in college we were not allowed to use Wiki as a source on anything. 

Assumption:  I would refuse to read anything critical of Islam.  I read things critical of Islam, often.  I've even posted some of what I read here.  

Just because I've objected to over-the-top anti-Islam rhetoric and pointed out where posted stories are either outright false, very exaggerated or disputed by people who are directly affected by such stories doesn't mean I think Islam or any religion is above criticism.

It's not wrong-headed of me to think Bawer critical of Islam, given that both his detractors and supporters agree that he is.   One side thinks he goes too far. 

I'm not highly critical of him but I'm certainly not ready to assume he doesn't have an agenda or that he's a fair or unbiased commentator.   

Yes Wikipedia has its limitations but I think for the purpose of learning a little bit about an author, it does well enough.  

19 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Do you realize that at least 25% of the 4 million of the murdered are children? 

You ask, "What do you do for your 9/11 cause?" when you clearly know what I do. And instead of addressing the hard issues in a frank, open and honest western fashion, you have been supporting the most virulent racists with your silence. Why?

Isn't your post an excellent example of what far too many honest, kind, war and loving westerners are doing/have been doing as their 911 cause?

Are you laying the responsibility of 4 million muslims deaths at the feet of the west.....Just so i understand correctly your saying that 4 million muslims were killed by western forces since 1990.....and none of them died at the hands of other muslims......the reason i ask is that if you look up civilian deaths in either Iraq or Afghanistan, there is direct evidence that says over up to 85 percent of all civilians were in fact killed by Muslims themselves.....why do they not atone for these deaths... who do we hold responsible for these people....surely not muslims.....is that not again'st the law some where....where you so vocal when Sadam was killing his own people or the kurds....did you speak out then....did you hear the muslim community speak out again'st these killings.....what action did they take....where was the Moderate muslim community when all that was happening.....they were silent..what does that make them......

You what honest western style discussion but some how unable to use honest figures....just like most of the issues in the Middle east circle around religion, or islam to be specific...i wonder why the majority of islamic nations are not democratic but rather dictatorships...because they are the peaceful religion after all....you want to be honest then dress islam up like it really is.....leave all the flowers and frilly curtains at home....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hot enough said:

Take it up with the the US based Physicians for Social Responsibility. 

I'm taking it up with you.....but i'm sure the rest of us would like to see a source that backs up your accusations.....or am i going to get refered to another dept.

Just now, Army Guy said:

Are you laying the responsibility of 4 million muslims deaths at the feet of the west.....Just so i understand correctly your saying that 4 million muslims were killed by western forces since 1990.....and none of them died at the hands of other muslims....

I just read your post until this point and I want to ask a question, a simple question; 

They are not Muslims but I will call them as Muslims for a minute because you non-Muslims are calling anyone as Muslims those who self claim of being Muslims despite they complately act un-Islamic, anyway.

My question is; If the Western countries would not support Bashar Assad, could he murder 500.000 civilians in last a few years ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I'm always surprised when people use Wiki as a source here. When I was in college we were not allowed to use Wiki as a source on anything. 

I'm surprised that you bought, and swallowed, that hook, line and sinker. From professors who are too frightened to address even the science of 911 because they fear doing so in the "open, honest, free expression west". 

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I'm taking it up with you.....but i'm sure the rest of us would like to see a source that backs up your accusations.....or am i going to get refered to another dept.

It is not my job to bring you up to speed on every little thing. That source has been posted at least once, so go and find it. Is research also beyond you? Do you know what Google is?

Just now, hot enough said:

You are full of Evangelical Christianity. 

And, proud of it. :)

Btw, do you know why I say you're full of bull?  You can't respond to Army Guy, and in this status update

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/profile/1432-betsy/?status=10275&type=status

you seem to be tying up the millions of death to Christians - it's not clear why you keep bringing up the 400 millions of Muslim deaths.

Edited by betsy

Thats a good question Altay......one that is complicated with the fact that Syria is being protected by Russia which means the west is restricted on it's actions.....So is the west responsible for not taking action, Sure it is....could it have done more, sure it could have.....The west is not even close to being perfect in any matter that we have talked about.....

But if we in the west are able to stand up and take some of the blame for the Syrian problem, the rest of the planet has to stand up as well.....and when i refer to the west, it includes Turkey as well....  

You can call them what ever you want, they identify themselves as muslims, they claim their actions are for their religion......They have taken your religion and perverted it into something else, Does that not make you mad ? does it not make you want to stand up and say "enough" and hunt these scumbags down....in the name of your religion.....i mean we have seen Islamic countries place death threats to others for drawing Allah, or burning the Quran.....why can you stop these people that bring shame to your religion ? ......

• Like 1

Just now, hot enough said:

It's clear that you are having/always have a ponderous problem with facts and how they fit together in any sort of comprehensible manner. 

Is this a common trait among Evangelical Christians?

Well....you're the one bringing up something you want us to respond to.  Explain what you mean. :)

Looks like you're talking in codes.....:D

25 minutes ago, hot enough said:

I'm surprised that you bought, and swallowed, that hook, line and sinker. From professors who are too frightened to address even the science of 911 because they fear doing so in the "open, honest, free expression west". 

My courses in Human Resources did not cover anything 9/11 that I recall......I don't think it was done out of "fear" though.....

I wanted to pass the courses, and using Wiki was an automatic fail, so yes, I didn't use Wiki. No one did.

I know it may be a stretch for you, but not everything in the world is tied to 9/11.

• Like 1