More Canadian tax dollars for Haiti.

taxme

20 hours ago, taxme said:

So, you are ok with Canada giving 70 million Canadian tax dollars to Haiti in foreign aid at taxpayer's expense. Boy, you really don't care as to how your tax dollars are being blown, do you? 

Yup, at least it might help someone, God knows that the government will find a scandal to disappear that money into, at least in Haiti it might help someone and build us some goodwill.

On 2/17/2017 at 3:48 AM, Michael Hardner said:

At less than $2 per person, it likely ends up giving Canada some net financial advantage, in terms of goodwill on international deals and so on.

I would like to keep that $2, thank you. 70 million Canadian tax dollars should be spent in Canada, on Canadians, not on another country. It's my money too, and I do not want to see my tax dollars being blown on people who live in other countries. Canada is in debt for billions and is starting to head for trillions. Is this what you want to see for Canada? Private banksters making millions while Canadians and Canada continue to go deeper in debt. It is time for some common sense and logic here, not emotionalism. Emotionalism is killing this country. Enough already. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

I would like to keep that $2, thank you.

Good luck with that...Canada can't help itself when it comes to continuing to screw and abuse Haiti/Haitians.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/07/30/ottawa-may-help-alleged-victims-of-un-peacekeepers.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 0:20 AM, taxme said:

So, you are ok with Canada giving 70 million Canadian tax dollars to Haiti in foreign aid at taxpayer's expense. Boy, you really don't care as to how your tax dollars are being blown, do you? 

So I guess if we have an earthquake that knocks your house down and then a hurricane and flood that washes the rubble away, you'll be quite happy if no one comes to give us a hand. I have worked there and if anybody needs a hand...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Omni said:

So I guess if we have an earthquake that knocks your house down and then a hurricane and flood that washes the rubble away, you'll be quite happy if no one comes to give us a hand. I have worked there and if anybody needs a hand...

How much of that 70 Mil will be given to the people effected, how much of that will actually go into making a difference in their Quality of life for Haitians..... 

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

How much of that 70 Mil will be given to the people effected, how much of that will actually go into making a difference in their Quality of life for Haitians..... 

So I guess what you are trying to do is suggest because there may have been some corruption we should just ignore the problem I don't think most of us would agree with you, thankfully. Here is some of what has been accomplished.

To date the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) has disbursed $150.15 million in immediate humanitarian and early recovery assistance. These funds have helped to provide Haitians with emergency medical services, relief supplies, water and sanitation and shelter. Through this funding, CIDA has contributed to the provision of food aid to 4.3 million Haitians, provision of water to 1.2 million people, 370,000 Haitians have received an emergency shelter, relief supplies were distributed to over 2.2 million people, and medical care services to 90% of displaced individuals in Port-au-Prince.

At the International Donors' Conference ‘Towards a New Future for Haiti’, held in New York on March 31, Canada pledged $400 million over two years to support the Government of Haiti's National Action Plan for Recovery and Development This pledge is in addition to Canada's ongoing development assistance program in Haiti ($555 million for 2006-2011) and it brings the Canadian government's total support for Haiti to over $1 billion from 2006 to 2012.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

So I guess what you are trying to do is suggest because there may have been some corruption we should just ignore the problem I don't think most of us would agree with you, thankfully. Here is some of what has been accomplished.

To date the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) has disbursed $150.15 million in immediate humanitarian and early recovery assistance. These funds have helped to provide Haitians with emergency medical services, relief supplies, water and sanitation and shelter. Through this funding, CIDA has contributed to the provision of food aid to 4.3 million Haitians, provision of water to 1.2 million people, 370,000 Haitians have received an emergency shelter, relief supplies were distributed to over 2.2 million people, and medical care services to 90% of displaced individuals in Port-au-Prince.

At the International Donors' Conference ‘Towards a New Future for Haiti’, held in New York on March 31, Canada pledged $400 million over two years to support the Government of Haiti's National Action Plan for Recovery and Development This pledge is in addition to Canada's ongoing development assistance program in Haiti ($555 million for 2006-2011) and it brings the Canadian government's total support for Haiti to over $1 billion from 2006 to 2012.

Am i suggesting their is corruption, as the Haitian people if there is corruption, your tarp and emergency supplies where gone and used up after the 1 st year.....how long ago was the earth quake anyways.....and how much was donated all together, and yet the people have yet to rebuild, living under torn tarps given out long ago.....how much funds were raised by other NGO's or the UN or Unicef programs ....all full of shit, staff driving brand new european land rovers,collecting big cheques ,  selling relief supplies out of vans and cars...those are the guys getting all that money.....and maybe , maybe if they are lucky the people in need see about 1 to 5 % of all of that.....only way the people get what was sent is to deliver it ourselfs.....I seen first hand a Unicef food warehouse full of food, sitting their rotting, because it was not delivered to the hunger masses, but rather sold out of the warehouse in our  UN Camp under UN troops protection, and sold by a bunch of crooks....in Yugo and Somolia.....Mean while people were starving ....and those bastards who sold this food, grew fat over profits, even when the food was rotten people would pay big dollars for it..... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Am i suggesting their is corruption, as the Haitian people if there is corruption, your tarp and emergency supplies where gone and used up after the 1 st year.....how long ago was the earth quake anyways.....and how much was donated all together, and yet the people have yet to rebuild, living under torn tarps given out long ago.....how much funds were raised by other NGO's or the UN or Unicef programs ....all full of shit, staff driving brand new european land rovers,collecting big cheques ,  selling relief supplies out of vans and cars...those are the guys getting all that money.....and maybe , maybe if they are lucky the people in need see about 1 to 5 % of all of that.....only way the people get what was sent is to deliver it ourselfs.....I seen first hand a Unicef food warehouse full of food, sitting their rotting, because it was not delivered to the hunger masses, but rather sold out of the warehouse in our  UN Camp under UN troops protection, and sold by a bunch of crooks....in Yugo and Somolia.....Mean while people were starving ....and those bastards who sold this food, grew fat over profits, even when the food was rotten people would pay big dollars for it..... 

The suckers and fools here are the ones who keep donating their dollars. Haiti should be a paradise by now to want to go and visit but sadly it is not. This 70 million is gone down the drain thanks to our foolish politicians who continue to show contempt for the Canadian taxpayer and their tax dollars, and to the foolish Canadians who believe  that this money is going to be of any help for the Haitians. There truly is many suckers being born every minute.

23 hours ago, Omni said:

A billion dollars down the drain. CIDA is a waste of taxpayer's tax dollars. But yet you can't seem to figure that one out.

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

A billion dollars down the drain. CIDA is a waste of taxpayer's tax dollars. But yet you can't seem to figure that one out.

Just some of the real things that have been done in Haiti since the 2010 earthquake:

• 23,500 families (more than 70,000 people) displaced by the 2010 earthquake have been resettled in better housing.
  • 150 Haitian National Police managerial staff members have been trained (since 2013).
  • 212,000 children under the age of 5 and 72,000 pregnant women have had access to free health care since 2012.
  • More than one million girls and boys have had access to basic education since 2010.
  • More than 440,000 Haitians receive financial services (including access to credit) as members of a network of 47 credit unions, stimulating the small and medium-sized enterprises sector.
  • More than 27,700 Haitian agri-entrepreneurs received $28 million in agricultural credits from 2011 to 2015, the effect of which was to stimulate agricultural production in Haiti.
  • Six police stations have been rebuilt since 2010.
  • Emergency food assistance was provided to 4.3 million Haitians.
  • Safe drinking water was provided to 1.7 million people.
  • More than 300,000 families were provided with emergency shelter materials.
  • More than 700,000 children received education and protection.
  • Medical care services were provided to 90 percent of displaced individuals in Port-au-Prince.
  • 1.9 million children and youth received vaccinations.

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Just some of the real things that have been done in Haiti since the 2010 earthquake:

• 23,500 families (more than 70,000 people) displaced by the 2010 earthquake have been resettled in better housing.
  • 150 Haitian National Police managerial staff members have been trained (since 2013).
  • 212,000 children under the age of 5 and 72,000 pregnant women have had access to free health care since 2012.
  • More than one million girls and boys have had access to basic education since 2010.
  • More than 440,000 Haitians receive financial services (including access to credit) as members of a network of 47 credit unions, stimulating the small and medium-sized enterprises sector.
  • More than 27,700 Haitian agri-entrepreneurs received $28 million in agricultural credits from 2011 to 2015, the effect of which was to stimulate agricultural production in Haiti.
  • Six police stations have been rebuilt since 2010.
  • Emergency food assistance was provided to 4.3 million Haitians.
  • Safe drinking water was provided to 1.7 million people.
  • More than 300,000 families were provided with emergency shelter materials.
  • More than 700,000 children received education and protection.
  • Medical care services were provided to 90 percent of displaced individuals in Port-au-Prince.
  • 1.9 million children and youth received vaccinations.

So, just how much more foreign aid do they need then? Enough already. Now it is time for you to start showing some concern for Canadian seniors, veterans, kids going to bed and to school hungry. Our hospitals and medicare are going broke. Canada and Canadians needs need to come first, not strangers needs. Haiti has received enough Canadian tax dollars and it needs to stop now.  

Haiti shares the same tiny island with the Dominican Republic and that country is on a different level compared to Haiti which is a failed state. I don't know what they should do but continuing as they have until now is not an option.

7 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Haiti shares the same tiny island with the Dominican Republic and that country is on a different level compared to Haiti which is a failed state. I don't know what they should do but continuing as they have until now is not an option.

Common sense and logic should tell anyone who can think that if all the money being sent to Haiti is not working for them well isn't it time to stop with the foreign aid? 

This was a CNN report last year....conditions are bad....and with all the aid sent into the country already, the corruption is rampant , If Canada wanted to contribute why not send a military mission down there to build something, a workable water treatment plant ,a hospital, sewage systems, and get a bigger bang for it's buck....we do it all the time in Jamica, send construction teams down to build small projects......

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/americas/hurricane-matthew-haiti/