Donald Trump should be commended for his Muslim Ban.

Trump cam only hope that Gorsuch gets to his seat prior to his appeal being heard at the SCOTUS. BUT, Trump did irk Gorsuch with his not so presidential ranting about a "so called judge", so there could be some payback. Even if Gorsuch is partisan, he probably also understands what the constitution says.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Except this ban had nothing to do with controlling borders, it was supposedly an attempt to strengthen national security, and that idea was found to have no merit. Trump picked the wrong countries is what it boils down to.

That's a nice theory but Trump didn't pick the countries. Obama did.

The seven Muslim-majority countries targeted in President Trump's executive order on immigration were initially identified as "countries of concern" under the Obama administration.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

The seven Muslim-majority countries targeted in President Trump's executive order on immigration were initially identified as "countries of concern" under the Obama administration.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

Mainly due to their being either no governments or the so-called governments don't keep proper records on their citizens: my understanding.

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

Perhaps you don't understand the difference between requiring a visa and a total travel ban but the courts do though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Omni said:

Perhaps you don't understand the difference between requiring a visa and a total travel ban but the courts do though.

Lots of countries require a visa to get into the United States. These countries were placed on a particular list for particular attention because of the assessment of the danger they posed. And it was the Obama administration which put them there.

Edited by Argus

28 minutes ago, Argus said:

Lots of countries require a visa to get into the United States. These countries were placed on a particular list for particular attention because of the assessment of the danger they posed. And it was the Obama administration which put them there.

I think it was actually more like the lack of proper vetting procedures within those countries. But once again, it was Trump that tried to create the bam which is why the courts are snubbing him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Omni said:

I think it was actually more like the lack of proper vetting procedures within those countries. But once again, it was Trump that tried to create the bam which is why the courts are snubbing him.

Yes, Trump created the ban, but the argument that there was no justification for the countries chosen is defeated by the fact Obama chose them on the basis of advice from American intelligence agencies. And the stated goal - a 90 day delay while new vetting procedures were created - is not unreasonable.

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

Yes, Trump created the ban, but the argument that there was no justification for the countries chosen is defeated by the fact Obama chose them on the basis of advice from American intelligence agencies. And the stated goal - a 90 day delay while new vetting procedures were created - is not unreasonable.

Trump over stepped his powers and so the courts gave him a smack down. He does need to either read more or get proper legal advice.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, Argus said:

And Saudi Arabia was not on that list?  What political ass-hattery is this?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

And Saudi Arabia was not on that list?  What political ass-hattery is this?

Nothing but a puppet government of US. Forget the poor human rights record, terrorism, 9/11, their treatment of women. That's just for a show...

Trump has vested business interests there. It's all about getting oil and signing arms contract...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They say that not one of those 7 countries that are banned, had committed any terrorist act in USA.  WRONG!

Dahir Adan, the Somali computer student who stabbed nine in Minnesota mall

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed Dahir Adan, 22, as one of its "soldiers" after he launched the assault with a kitchen knife at the Crossroads Center mall in St Cloud, a city of 65,000 people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/19/dahir-adan-the-somali-computer-student-who-stabbed-nine-in-minne/

http://nypost.com/2016/11/28/active-shooter-reported-at-ohio-state-university/

Furthermore, how come no one is protesting over countries that has banned Jews?

Here’s A List Of All The Muslim Countries That Ban Jews

To this day, Israeli Jews are forbidden from entering 16 Muslim countries. Six of the seven states on Trump’s “ban” currently bar Israeli Jews. We’re still waiting on protests condemning the institutionalized and permanent Jewish ban across the Islamic world.

Here a list of all the Muslim countries that ban Israeli Jews:

• Syria
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Yemen
  • Libya 
  • Algeria
  • Bangladesh
  • Brunei
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Sudan
  • Saudi Arabia
  • United Arab Emirates
  •  

The hypocrisy of anti-Trump protesters was recently highlighted by Tory members of UK parliament who finally put the spotlight on the rampant anti-Semitism of the Muslim world.

“In the light of the fact that most of the countries covered by the Trump ban have a total exclusion on the admission of Israeli citizens, shouldn’t the protestors also be calling for that ban to be lifted?” asked former Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villier at a Q&A session with Prime Minister Theresa May Wednesday.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/13066/heres-list-all-muslim-countries-ban-jews-michael-qazvini

How come not a single main stream media have mentioned that fact?  Dishonest, lying media!

Edited by betsy

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

Furthermore, how come no one is protesting over countries that has banned Jews?

First there is a difference between banning Jews and banning Israelis, so you should fix that colored, big, bold statement.

Second why are you fighting for a race to the bottome

Third why are these countries not on Trumps list then

21 minutes ago, betsy said:

They say that not one of those 7 countries that are banned, had committed any terrorist act in USA.  WRONG!

Dahir Adan was born in Kenya, and moved to the United States at age 2 as a refugee.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

First there is a difference between banning Jews and banning Israelis, so you should fix that colored, big, bold statement.

Second why are you fighting for a race to the bottome

Third why are these countries not on Trumps list then

The same thing!  Actually banning Jews means all JEWS - even those living in other countries - not only Israelis!  

I'm pointing out the double standard by the biased, dishonest, lying media!

The countries that are banned by Trump were taken from Obama's list.  These countries have problems with vetting!  There might be an expansion of those listed, according to Spicer.

Dahir Adan was born in Kenya, and moved to the United States at age 2 as a refugee.

He was still a Somali.  That's what his father said!   Just because you're born in Kenya doesn't make you not Somali.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, kactus said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't agree with your assertion about his identity.

I don't care whether you agree with me or not. Read the article.

I'm just saying what his own father had said:  he's Somali.

His own dad ought to know. :shrug:

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, betsy said:

Do you think the ban should be applied to other nations? For example, the Phillipines has a rogue government, Islamic terrorists that have killed two Canadians in the past year, and there are many instances of criminal Filipino gangs in western Canada. Are you in favour of extending that ban?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, betsy said:

My point is he is an american citizen regardless of where he was born....This is a home grown issue meaning the country he is the resident of as of now..,For all I care he could have been a saudi born muslim in which case your argument for holding those 7 nations banned becomes invalid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Do you think the ban should be applied to other nations? For example, the Phillipines has a rogue government, Islamic terrorists that have killed two Canadians in the past year, and there are many instances of criminal Filipino gangs in western Canada. Are you in favour of extending that ban?

That's up to the leader of a country - in this case, Trump -  to decide which country he wants to ban.  I support the right of a nation to protect herself and her citizens, the way she deems necessary.

Edited by betsy