UN Resolution 2334 to block Israeli settlements.

wulf42

Just now, drummindiver said:

blah blah blah. 

I've asked you multiple times.

PLO. StI'll  in their charter to eradicate Israel. Yes or no?

You are being silly since no believes that the PLO doesn't recognize israel. Even Israel recognizes that as stated in the Jewish news paper i linked you to. As well as official recognition from the US government.

So you can make all the excuses  you want to justify the Israeli atrocities , but the world disagrees with you.

18 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

So I am pleased that the U.S. didn't veto the resolution and neither did any of the other permanent security council members. I was horrified by what the nazis did in the Warsaw ghetto so of course  I feel the sane way about the Gaza ghetto.

Were you? And yet you have expressed nothing, no hint of 'horror' at what the Russians and Syrians have been doing to Aleppo. 

Now why do I think that if it was Israel bombarding and slaughtering people in Aleppo the world would have long since been up in arms, the social justice warriors would be tearing their hair out and flooding us out with tears and demanding boycotts and military action, and surrounding Arab nations would be on the verge of declaring war?

And yet nothing. Not one word of condemnation or concern from you on Aleppo. Or any of the other 'anti-Zionist' herd here.

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Again, nevet a cite in, we'll,  sight.

How Many Times Must the Palestinians Recognize Israel?
Netanyahu’s new 'Jewish state' mantra negates the fact that Palestinians recognized Israel more than twenty years ago. They’re still waiting for Israel to recognize Palestine.
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.579701

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Were you? And yet you have expressed nothing, no hint of 'horror' at what the Russians and Syrians have been doing to Aleppo. 

Now why do I think that if it was Israel bombarding and slaughtering people in Aleppo the world would have long since been up in arms, the social justice warriors would be tearing their hair out and flooding us out with tears, and surrounding Arab nations would be on the verge of declaring war?

And yet nothing. Not one word of condemnation or concern from you on Aleppo. Or any of the other 'anti-Zionist' herd here.

The world is up in arms at what happened in Aleppo. Where have you been?

2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Correction: it is "illegal" when Israel apparently does it.

Meanwhile...South Viet-Nam....where'd it go???

It's only illegal if Israel apparently does it......it only matters if Muslims are fleeing.

It's illegal when anyone does it.  Whether some selfish jerkface countries want to veto or not UN resolutions calling them so, or vote on resolutions that make them "legal", doesn't change the UN Charter.

13 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

Geezuz man. Give it up. Next you'll be blaming the Italians for collaborating with Hitler.

You're free to deny this: Holocaust denial.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1893&dat=19470915&id=lLAfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=N9cEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1802,5405767

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It's illegal when anyone does it.  Whether some selfish jerkface countries want to veto or not UN resolutions calling them so, or vote on resolutions that make them "legal", doesn't change the UN Charter.

Only when Israel does it in a defensive war.

Just now, Canadianjim said:

You are free to deny this

Your propaganda will not change history. I had an uncle in the 13th SS...German officers...you see.

The 13th SS and its sub-units were all-Muslim with SS officers.

Some are calling this UN Resolution, the Obama December surprise. All it took is a mere US abstention from the vote to expose the still solid international consensus regarding Israel’s illegal actions in Palestine.

What's in the resolution is nothing new. But the timing and the current U.S. administration's move to abstain is huge. Israel has said it does not recognize the resolution. Trump did what he could do to stop the resolution but all he was able to do was to pressure one of his puppets-to-be, Egypt's president, al-Sisi not to introduce the resolution. However, four other countries, including New Zealand stepped up and introduced the resolution. The result is further affirmation that the international community is unconditionally on the side of Palestinians and, despite all the failures of the past, still advocates the respect of international law.

So how significant is this resolution? If history shows anything, not much. But there is some hope. The BDS movement, which continues to become stronger and gain momentum has a brand new resolution to counter the old politics and its failing pressure to stop it. 

As the outside, anti-occupation movement continues to become stronger, internally, Palestinians have never been weaker and more divided. If things are going to change, the Palestinians need to unite and become a force.

The next administration is a pro-Israeli administration, absolutely. This may be the clarity Palestinians need to understand that begging and pleading for American compassion will not suffice. If a united Palestinian leadership does not seize the opportunity and regain the initiative in 2017, all Palestinians will suffer. What transpired in the past week shows that it's time to move away from Washington and to embrace the rest of the world.

Kerry's 70 mins talk yesterday may set the framework but I doubt much will come out of this. Trump has already twitted that he will undo everything when he comes to office in a couple of weeks and will appoint someone who is anti two state solution....

It is what it is...The failure of reaching peace is the fault of both palestinians and the jews. In his statement John Kerry explained reaching a peace is far fetched whilst illegal settlements by israelis inside palestinian territories is being continued...IMO he is right. The occupation is illegal and conducive to create more problems. The Israeli government says the building of illegal settlements is reversible if the palestinians are serious about peace and security but given the history of the conflict I think this statement is just giving a bargaining chip Israel wants in negotiation...

In his response Netanyahu has said The US is biased!!! This is amid the biggest US contribution to Israel for $38bil!

Edited by kactus

36 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The resolution doesn't have much teeth.  Passing a resolution condemning something or calling it legally invalid doesn't really do much to stop it from happening.  Being a rogue state that doesn't recognize international law unless it suits them, Israel will ignore it as it has in the past.

The resolution is non-binding, yes. However, it will open the door to international legal action which can result in further economic isolation of Israel. There are countries, including in Europe who are being pressured to seize business with Israeli firms that have anything to do with the settlements.

Israel settlements in Palestine, really colonies, are grossly illegal and gross violation of law.

I tend to be pro-Israel, but you cannot steal your neighbours land, those days are over of wanton aggression.  it is one thing to remove terrorist or invade it, but taking land, no way.

13 hours ago, kactus said:

The Israeli government says the building of illegal settlements is reversible if the palestinians are serious about peace and security but given the history of the conflict I think this statement is just giving a bargaining chip Israel wants in negotiation...

In his response Netanyahu has said The US is biased!!! This is amid the biggest US contribution to Israel for $38bil!

Israel has never intended to 'negotiate'. This dragging of the foot is a tactic used to annex as much land as possible. I think several decades of empty words is enough time to conclude that Israel needs to be side-stepped and pressured into accepting international law. This will happen through economic pressure and movements like BDS. The same type of pressure worked against Apartheid South Africa and it will work against the ultra-rightwing Israeli government which has suffocated any real and just peace agreement in favour of good old colonization and land theft.

11 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Here is a quick explanation of the settlements and the problems they create. This is from MSNBC! It's rare to see these facts discussed on US television:

What is explanation failed to point out is the Israel evicted all Israeli settlers from Gaza when it pulled out so the assertion that these settlements represent a permanent land grab is false. Peace depends entirely on the ability of the Palestinians to end the attacks against Israel. The greater the confidence that Israel has in the ability of the Palestinian government to end the violence the greater the concessions will be over time in terms of land. Israel bashers help no one with their myopic obsession with one side in a conflict.

4 hours ago, TimG said:

What is explanation failed to point out is the Israel evicted all Israeli settlers from Gaza when it pulled out so the assertion that these settlements represent a permanent land grab is false. 

What you failed to add is that Israel continued its occupation of Gaza by controlling its borders, the waters, the air and anything that moved in and out. They also escalated the assassination of Hamas leaders, and guess what, there was retaliation. Homemade rockets and eventually, rockets donated by Hezbollah started to be launched and then Israel threw its hands in the air and asked "WHYYYYYYY?!" and people like you did the same thing.

4 minutes ago, marcus said:

What you failed to add is that Israel continued its occupation of Gaza by controlling its borders, the waters, the air and anything that moved in and out. They also escalated the assassination of Hamas leaders, and guess what, there was retaliation. Homemade rockets and eventually, rockets donated by Hezbollah started to be launched and then Israel threw its hands in the air and asked "WHYYYYYYY?!" and people like you did the same thing.

So? The intent of the blockade it is to limit goods which can be used to be turned into weapons. More importantly, Egypt also enforces these restrictions at its border. Perhaps because it too realizes that Hamas is group that foments violence and weapons need to be kept out of its hands. If Egypt lifted its blockade the efforts by Israel would be irrelevant. So why do the anti-Israel chattering classes focus only on Israel? Perhaps it is because their dislike of Israel has nothing to do with the actions Israel takes to protect itself from those that would do it harm.

On 26/12/2016 at 9:07 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Your propaganda will not change history. I had an uncle in the 13th SS...German officers...you see.

I think you have some deeply rooted guilt over your family's links to Hitler and it's warped your perspective and ability to look at history objectively. At all.

As you so often point out in these matters involving uncle's and nephews, the apples never seem to fall far from their trees. Of course you're free to support your family.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I think you have some deeply rooted guilt over your family's links to Hitler and it's warped your perspective and ability to look at history objectively. At all.

As you so often point out in these matters involving uncle's and nephews, the apples never seem to fall far from their trees. Of course you're free to support your family.

My father trained on Lancaster bombers. It was his (Euro) cousin that was in the SS and captured...sent to Alberta, etc. Get my family's history straight, at least. German Canadians were keen to show their dislike of Hitler by bombing him. In 1,000 plane raids...

Edited by DogOnPorch

5 hours ago, marcus said:

Poor Hamas.

12 hours ago, TimG said:

What is explanation failed to point out is the Israel evicted all Israeli settlers from Gaza when it pulled out so the assertion that these settlements represent a permanent land grab is false. Peace depends entirely on the ability of the Palestinians to end the attacks against Israel. The greater the confidence that Israel has in the ability of the Palestinian government to end the violence the greater the concessions will be over time in terms of land. Israel bashers help no one with their myopic obsession with one side in a conflict.

That notion of Israel vacating the Gaza Strip is good, however the increase in settlements in the West Bank easily negate that 'good will' move of getting out of Gaza.

4 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

My father trained on Lancaster bombers. It was his (Euro) cousin that was in the SS and captured...sent to Alberta, etc. Get my family's history straight, at least. German Canadians were keen to show their dislike of Hitler by bombing him. In 1,000 plane raids...

If you say so. I still recall my uncles saying the only good German was a lot like what people say about Muslims today but that's history for you so who am I to argue?