Disruptions to be in order during Trump inauguration.

1 hour ago, kimmy said:

I don't think people have been attacking Rick Perry, aside from pointing out the irony of him being appointed to lead the department he famously forgot, then remembered, that he wanted to eliminate.

If anything, Trump has a wicked sense of humour.

Perry himself had a couple of hilarious lines at his confirmation hearings.

He told Al Franken he enjoyed their meeting before the hearing, and Franken asked him "Did you enjoy our meeting?"

Perry replied "I did! I hope you're as much fun on the dais today as you were on your couch."

This apparently caused everybody to double over in laughter... after he recovers, Perry offers to rephrase that, and says "I think I just gave SNL their sound bite."

Later somebody asked Perry how he'd respond to politicians who think the DoE should be abolished... Perry replied that based on his experience, he thinks they'll forget they ever wanted it abolished.

-k

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

We have new words for those folks now...."triggered"...."snowflakes"...."safe space".....etc.

"Deplorables" "alt-right" ...

At some point, there will be a realization that the time for unity has passed and opportunities for resolving problems have passed.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

At some point, there will be a realization that the time for unity has passed and opportunities for resolving problems have passed.

Yeah, it's time to start hitting people...

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There was a clip of... I think someone named Richard Spencer getting clocked.  An alt-right sh*tbird... I saw it shared around with glee.

Chickens are coming home to roost now.

Hitting people is more fun than just disagreeing with them.

As long as no moral superiority is claimed, I'm okay with it.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There never was an opportunity for unity...that is pure fantasy.   Obama learned that the hard way. 

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Hitting people is more fun than just disagreeing with them.

As long as no moral superiority is claimed, I'm okay with it.

If it's Bull Run the Democrats want, I should point-out they are poorly armed for pitched battle.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There never was an opportunity for unity...that is pure fantasy.   Obama learned that the hard way. 

I think Trump realizes this.  With majorities in both houses, Trump doesn't need no stinkin' unity.  In 18 months, the economy will be growing as it should, the awful deficit situation will be much better and jobs will be easy to find.  In such a climate, people will vote with their pocketbooks and the republicans will have a real shot at a super majority in the Senate.  

8 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I think Trump realizes this.  With majorities in both houses, Trump doesn't need no stinkin' unity.  In 18 months, the economy will be growing as it should, the awful deficit situation will be much better and jobs will be easy to find.  In such a climate, people will vote with their pocketbooks and the republicans will have a real shot at a super majority in the Senate.  

Not according to people who have actual insight into economic reality. In 18 months there will be further job losses and higher debt load and an isolated economy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-economy-moodys-analysis-224535

14 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and suggest that in eighteen months, the US will be collectively lamenting the worst moment of temporary insanity it had since leaving the British Empire. 

Edited by bcsapper

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Not according to people who have actual insight into economic reality. In 18 months there will be further job losses and higher debt load and an isolated economy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-economy-moodys-analysis-224535

Oh, those types have been saying how great things are already, so we know how full of sugar they are.  Either way, we shall see.

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I think the two are related...as another member posted years ago....they watch so much American TV, they think they are Americans and have a say in such matters.

Americans watch it too and think they get to tell the world what to do...with little to no say in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Americans watch it too and think they get to tell the world what to do...with little to no say in it.

Trump's America didn't make Canadians whine about not getting real Super Bowl commercials...they demanded them all on their own.  Because their leader told them it ..."matters so much".   And if Canada believes it...it must be true.    Trump knows this too.

So stop giving Trump so much power....power that he doesn't have.

For all the Trump inauguration protesters around the world.....free your mind....and your ass will follow - George Clinton

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Here we go with the "America has too much power", line again.  And so soon after 8 years of Obama neutering the military, foreign policy and the economy.  It just doesn't pass the smell test.  As for morons, it was the Dem movers and shakers that let Hillary become the nomination.  Even Biden probably could have beaten Trump.  That was the most moronic of all.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Here we go with the "America has too much power", line again.  And so soon after 8 years of Obama neutering the military, foreign policy and the economy.

You haven't got your talking points straight. Trump has already indicated that U.S. foreign policy is retreating to an isolationist "American First" platform, which can only be described as "neutered."

4 hours ago, sharkman said:

Here we go with the "America has too much power", line again.  And so soon after 8 years of Obama neutering the military, foreign policy and the economy.  It just doesn't pass the smell test.  As for morons, it was the Dem movers and shakers that let Hillary become the nomination.  Even Biden probably could have beaten Trump.  That was the most moronic of all.

Actually it follows 8 smelly years of Obama ramping up drone attacks and his government's surveillance of...everything.

Hilary would have been more ruthless than Obama and Trump will be more hard assed than Obama.

The morons who keep voting in this direction deserve what they reap but I suspect that's probably what they're hoping for on some level. I can only imagine how galvanizing a galvanizing attack will be under Trump.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You haven't got your talking points straight. Trump has already indicated that U.S. foreign policy is retreating to an isolationist "American First" platform, which can only be described as "neutered."

I'm pretty sure this means that America will project more force abroad in pursuit of it's interests not less.

• Like 1