The Left aren't taking the Trump Victory Well

Boges

29 minutes ago, Bonam said:

As for friends and families shunning each other over political disagreements... that's stupid. People shouldn't let the idiotic staged performances of corrupt incompetents a thousand miles away influence their personal lives. 

Discovering a friend is willing to tolerate blatant racism, misogyny or the acts of a sexual predator seems like reasonable grounds to distance one's self from them. The fact that Trump's words and actions didn't cause the vast majority of Americans to morally disqualify him as an option, shows that the country has a malignant tumor in need of removal. For many this level of vile hate cannot be tolerated, hence the protests.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

They have reason to be discombobulated because the right opted for scorched earth, and while their sentences may be incomplete, they can at least spell the word.

At least you admit it. These people are deeply shocked. They need to go to their safe spaces for a while, and get some counseling. It especially effects those in the acedemia.

Such as yourself, I presume

Perhaps burn them at the stake?

:rolleyes:

Nah, friends who are disgusting enough to support or tolerate that kind of blatant racism, misogyny and hate simply fade into the background and get relegated to the email and Facebook only variety. Kind of like the college friends that never quite grew out of the party phase. We avoid them and occasionally make fake promises to one day make plans to get together some time when we're not so damn busy.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Why should 'the left' take this well?  The right is sure as hell taking Trudeau hard, and he's barely different than the last guy.

We are not marching in the streets and rioting....we have to go to work during the week.

10 hours ago, Boges said:

I wasn't thrilled when my country voted for man mostly because he was young, attractive and had a famous former father. But I didn't seek out a safe place to rant about my frustrations.

I was pretty unimpressed with both the Harper 2011 majority as well as the Trudeau 2015 majority.  I was also unimpressed with the 2004 George Bush re-election, but Donald Trump is a special kind of a-hole unlike anything I've seen in my lifetime.

I think Obama summed it up best and I think this is why we're seeing the protests we are today:

“This is different than just having policy differences. I recognize that they profoundly disagree with myself or Hillary Clinton on tax policy or certain elements of foreign policy, but there have been Republican presidents with whom I disagreed with but I didn’t have a doubt that they could function as president. I think I was right and Mitt Romney and John McCain were wrong on certain policy issues, but I never thought that they couldn’t do the job.”

53 minutes ago, Ash74 said:

We are not marching in the streets and rioting....we have to go to work during the week.

Like I said - he's not much different than the last guy.  Still, every day I hear people talk about how they'd like to shoot him or how he's just for the fags (not my words).  Imagine if he was actually a liberal.  Don't pretend it's only the left.

3 hours ago, Slick said:

Some seem to think people are simply angry because their candidate lost; which, couldn't be further from the truth. People are incensed because a man that bragged about walking in on underage girls changing won. We're shocked because a man that likes the idea of stop and frisk, torture and using nukes as leverage won. We're livid because a man that condemned a specific religion and referred to a race of people as rapists and criminals won. The same man who said he can do whatever he wants to women, even "grab them by the pussy".  So this isn't sour grapes over differing political ideas; a vile, disgusting, hateful SOB just had his sickening, bigoted words and acts sanctified.

This isn't something we agree to disagree over; support for Trump is something that causes friends and family members to lose touch.

He did not condemn a specific religion, nor did he refer to Mexicans as rapists/criminals.  You've hyped up what he said and did, surprise surprise.  But this does illustrate why some on the left have got in such a tizzy.  They are believing lies and such and then expecting that a president can do whatever he wants once he gets into office.  One question.  Did Obama ever close Gitmo?  

When most of these lefties grow up and get some more years in, they'll look back at the garbage cans they tipped over as youthful stupidity.  

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

Like I said - he's not much different than the last guy.  Still, every day I hear people talk about how they'd like to shoot him or how he's just for the fags (not my words).  Imagine if he was actually a liberal.  Don't pretend it's only the left.

We do?

When?

The infantile Progs will have to wait at least another 4-8 years before turning America into a total sewer. Perhaps they'll have grown-up by then. Perhaps not.

Hillary...good-bye to the Queen...no crown for her. America had a revolution to rid itself of similar folk.

4 hours ago, Slick said:

Nah, friends who are disgusting enough to support or tolerate that kind of blatant racism, misogyny and hate simply fade into the background and get relegated to the email and Facebook only variety. Kind of like the college friends that never quite grew out of the party phase. We avoid them and occasionally make fake promises to one day make plans to get together some time when we're not so damn busy.

So you're a poor judge of character. Perhaps they've 'unfriended' you, already for your pro-Hillary views.

:P

12 hours ago, Slick said:

That thinking is why so many Democrats were blind-sided by the Trump win. They choose to live in an echo-chamber, and don't actually know what other people are thinking or talking about. It happens in most elections here too -- opposition supporters didn't even consider the possibility that the other guy could win because no one that they allowed themselves to associate with was talking about voting that way. They cry out in protest simply because it's so jarring to their world-view. No side of the political spectrum has a monopoly on that either.

40 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Feel - hear - almost the same.

The voices in your head aren't real, I'm afraid.

;)

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Not all the public events are anti-trump. There is a victory parade being organized in North Carolina for December 3rd by the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan!. They are happy that Trump will restore America to a white Christian nation.

Senator Robert Byrd. Let's no true Scotsman him, shall we?

Idiots supporting YOU is one thing. YOU supporting idiots is another.

3 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Not all the public events are anti-trump. There is a victory parade being organized in North Carolina for December 3rd by the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan!. They are happy that Trump will restore America to a white Christian nation.

Hope they don't meet up with a Black Lives Matter march calling for death to police officers.