The Left aren't taking the Trump Victory Well

Boges

On 11/10/2016 at 9:22 PM, Ash74 said:

We are not marching in the streets and rioting....we have to go to work during the week.

Right-wingers are in places like this engaging in plenty of the virtual violence that exists in so much internet discourse these days.  The loathing is just spilling out into the streets a little more in America is all. They've decided there's little if anything left to discuss and are taking things to the next inevitable level.

We've always know the further south you go the more hot-blooded people are about politics.  I'm betting as the world warms up we'll be little different.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Right-wingers are in places like this engaging in plenty of the virtual violence that exists in so much internet discourse these days.  The loathing is just spilling out into the streets a little more in America is all. They've decided there's little if anything left to discuss and are taking things to the next inevitable level.

We've always know the further south you go the more hot-blooded people are about politics.  I'm betting as the world warms up we'll be little different.

I have a hard time comparing comments online to riots in the streets. They are a tad different.

If Clinton had her expected win how many "safe spaces" would there be for Trump supporters?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Herein lay the real roots of dissatisfaction amongst the right-wing.

In one breath you claim that right wingers are engaging in virtual violence and in the next you claim they yearn for Nazism, accusing people of wanting to be Nazis is obviously ok because is `true`, right? You obviously don`t speak for everyone on the left, but if you are any indication their problem seems to be mental illness, you should be banned from posting for your own good, allowing you to continue does you a disservice.

It's at least in part the completely undeserved smugly superior attitude of your sort that has lead to this, in my opinion, bad choice. Yes, I am qualified to judge you, I am that thing you for some, possibly, literally insane reason, you think you are, intelligent.

6 hours ago, Ash74 said:

I have a hard time comparing comments online to riots in the streets. They are a tad different.

If Clinton had her expected win how many "safe spaces" would there be for Trump supporters?

Do Trump supporters need "safe spaces"?  Did Clinton spend her campaign targeting racial minorities and other religions?

Honestly, if you could manage to read something other than Breitbart and Infowars, you might understand what has been going on.

2 hours ago, ReeferMadness said:

Do Trump supporters need "safe spaces"?  

No I guess not. 

They planned to get up in the morning and go to work. Just guessing. Can't speak for them because I would have voted for Clinton and gone to work the next day either way.

I am not a trump supporter, I am just laughing at the crying celebrities and reading about college campuses that have been handing out coloring books to the students that are hurting. 

5 hours ago, Smallc said:

Like I said, I'm not really in favour of protest.

On the other hand, I don't see the big deal.

Well, you see, when reality TV culture and just general ignorance makes people more interested in talking about other people, rather than policies and issues, they go on forums and talk trash about protesters instead of actually talking about the protesters' concerns.

24 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Well, you see, when reality TV culture and just general ignorance makes people more interested in talking about other people, rather than policies and issues, they go on forums and talk trash about protesters instead of actually talking about the protesters' concerns.

And what...pray-tell are these "protester's" concerns other than losing a fair election?

Edited by DogOnPorch

10 hours ago, Smallc said:

Like I said, I'm not really in favour of protest.

On the other hand, I don't see the big deal.

I think it's just that everone was horrified at the thought that there would be those who would not accept a DT loss.  It never occurred to them that it would be the same for a HC loss.  It's like, aww, bless 'em!

Edited by bcsapper

12 hours ago, Ash74 said:

No I guess not. 

They planned to get up in the morning and go to work. Just guessing. Can't speak for them because I would have voted for Clinton and gone to work the next day either way.

I am not a trump supporter, I am just laughing at the crying celebrities and reading about college campuses that have been handing out coloring books to the students that are hurting. 

Tell you something else that is surprising but most are not yet aware, the number of calls to suicide hotlines has tripled in the past few days.

Calls to crisis and suicide prevention hotlines surge post-election

Mostly college educated younger folk who have been psychologically decimated by this loss. They have no way to deal with it.

The consequences of a generation that has been coddled and protected all their lives from facing hardship. These people were brought up in a school system where judgement is not allowed, where there is no winner or champion, lest anyone should feel inferior. Everyone gets a medal for participation. You do that to somebody, and when the time finally comes that something "bad" happens to them, as it must, it's like the rug is pulled out from under them. These people have no cajones.

Edited by Michael Hardner
removed deleted post quoted

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Tell you something else that is surprising but most are not yet aware, the number of calls to suicide hotlines has tripled in the past few days.

Calls to crisis and suicide prevention hotlines surge post-election

Mostly college educated younger folk who have been psychologically decimated by this loss. They have no way to deal with it.

What kind of parents do these people have?

The suicidal reactions of some progressives is to be expected, and makes for very funny YouTube videos.  Lacking any empathy for their self imposed depression, it is a joy to watch them pout and cry over the outcome of an election that just didn't go their media and polsters assumed way.