Trump and Canada

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Yeah.....I think he should've skipped that video and just try to have a private conversation with Trump. 

Maybe Trudeau thinks the social media format appeals to Trump and Congress better than diplomats and trade reps.

Just for openers, the U.S. is going to go for a hard beat down on softwood lumber.  

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Presumes to be able to influence Congress, of course.

Yes...it is just bizarre.    New Congress has far more important issues and priorities than these two stiffs in a condescending video.  

Welcome and congratulate the 115th Congress?   Are they kidding ?

I've seen better cue card reading on late night infomercials.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...it is just bizarre.    New Congress has far more important issues and priorities than these two stiffs in a condescending video.  

Welcome and congratulate the 115th Congress?   Are they kidding ?

I'm sure Congress will watch it right after "Top 100 Fireworks Fails 2016" and the latest Mark Dice videos.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's just pathetic...what do they do in the next video....lay down and expose their bellies to the dominant dog(s) ?

Well, JT thought he'd be attending Hillary's inauguration party this month...convinced, I'd say.

Plans change...heh.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Well, JT thought he'd be attending Hillary's inauguration party this month...convinced, I'd say.

Plans change...heh.

Yes, and despite words to the contrary even as the polls tightened, Team Trudeau was totally unprepared for a Trump victory.   

Now he is in full butt kissing mode.   No wonder Putin gets more respect !

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, and despite words to the contrary even as the polls tightened, Team Trudeau was totally unprepared for a Trump victory.   

Now he is in full butt kissing mode.   No wonder Putin gets more respect !

And here all along I thought your infatuation was with thinking it was only Canadians focusing on US news. I see I was wrong.

4 hours ago, betsy said:

I think he's also trying to make up for his potshots at Trump......it's not a comfortable position our PM is in right now.  That was his big mistake.

If I were a liberal I too would feel uncomfortable right now. The liberals are being called out now on all the years that they ran the show, and how they showed anyone who did not agree with them just how bigoted and intolerant they can be. It is time for a little payback. 

YouTube and other sites are having fun with Trudeau's pathetic video "welcoming" the 115th U.S. Congress.    Some comments offer coaching for better "sucking up" to the Americans and the U.S. economy...others are just funny !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_x5rZz7QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKllIbQ8Yg

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/01/03/trudeau-highlights-economic-integration-in-video-message-to-u-s-congress/

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

YouTube and other sites are having fun with Trudeau's pathetic video "welcoming" the 115th U.S. Congress.    Some comments offer coaching for better "sucking up" to the Americans and the U.S. economy...others are just funny !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_x5rZz7QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKllIbQ8Yg

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/01/03/trudeau-highlights-economic-integration-in-video-message-to-u-s-congress/

It does look so amateurish - kinda reminded me of the Dion video campaign that looked home-made!  If you knew this video's gonna be making the rounds on youtube - wouldn't you've made sure it was professionally done?  Who came up with this idea?

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Going skiing for a day is not a vacation. If we add up all the times Harper flew to Toronto to watch a Leafs game it probably is 2-3 times what the anti-Trudeau dipwads at Ezra's toilet paper rag are saying about Trudeau. This is nonsense.

Flying across the country to go skiing isn't a vacation? :lol:

By all means, if there is evidence that Harper averaged a vacation every month and a half present it........regardless, Harper is no longer the Prime Minister.

4 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Flying across the country to go skiing isn't a vacation? :lol:

By all means, if there is evidence that Harper averaged a vacation every month and a half present it........regardless, Harper is no longer the Prime Minister.

Not to the privileged.

1 hour ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Here and here..........

Last Christmas and New Years, Trudeau and his family were is in St. Kitts, a tropical paradise.

So that's a year ago

Last winter Trudeau and family took a ski and snowboard trip to Whistler and another trip to Quebec City for carnival.

Visiting events in his country isn't necessarily a vacation.

There was his Easter vacation on Fogo Island, a remote and elite spot in Newfoundland where hotel rooms start at $1,575 a night.

That's two in a year.

There was his famous shirtless photobombing while taking a surfing trip to Tofino, British Columbia.

That's 3

And now, New Years in the Bahamas.

So that's 4 in more than a year.

On top of that we can add in an extra day in Japan for the Trudeau’s to celebrate their wedding anniversary which actually happened when they were back in Canada.

No, we really can't - he worked before and after that single day.

And we can add an extra day in New York City to see the musical Hamilton.

Not really, no - an extra day tacked on to work is not a vacation.

Before news of the Bahamas trip broke CBC reported that Trudeau reimbursed taxpayers for nine private trips, add in Bahamas and he is at ten vacations.

I wonder what other leaps of logic we can make?

Edited by Smallc

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

What about this?

What of it? Did Harper vacation every 6 weeks?

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not to the privileged.

Exactly.....I don't begrudge him vacations, or the costs of security and government flights, just the amount of vacations in just over one year in office.......with that, we should actually encourage even more time away from Ottawa, less time for him to further screw-up the country.

1 minute ago, Derek 2.0 said:

What of it? Did Harper vacation every 6 weeks?

Exactly.....I don't begrudge him vacations, or the costs of security and government flights, just the amount of vacations in just over one year in office.......with that, we should actually encourage even more time away from Ottawa, less time for him to further screw-up the country.

The privileged do not realize that most Canadians don't get ski junkets to Whistler. Or outings to baseball games with the family...