Trump and Canada

22 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump got a higher percentage of votes than did Trudeau in Canada.  

That's true. 46.1% voted for Trump, only 39.5% voted for Trudeau. That's more an indictment on the US system's lack of real choice though. Almost 40% is really high threshold when there are five parties sitting in parliament.

You point still stands, a greater percentage of American voters cast their ballots for Trump, than the percentage of Canadian voters did for Trudeau. When you listen to the post-election reactions in the mainstream media in both countries, you'd think the opposite was true.

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The U.S. has many political parties, and they appeared on state ballots.    Minor parties in Canada have the same significance as minor parties in the USA.

Donald Trump's party received a higher percentage of cast votes than did Justin Trudea's party.  

Too bad he's in power with such a deficit in the popular vote. Maybe you need a little fixin' on your system.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yet he will be president, with more voter support than Canada's prime minister received.

I guess when you really only have two to choose from that's how the numbers work. I wonder if Trump will have the kind of support a year in that JT has now. Doubtful.

Just now, Omni said:

I guess when you really only have two to choose from that's how the numbers work. I wonder if Trump will have the kind of support a year in that JT has now. Doubtful.

False....U.S. voters had several parties to choose from.   I know I did...voted for a minor party candidate.

The facts are that Trump received more voter support than did Justin Trudeau.    Sorry....that's just the way it is.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

False....U.S. voters had several parties to choose from.   I know I did...voted for a minor party candidate.

The facts are that Trump received more voter support than did Justin Trudeau.    Sorry....that's just the way it is.

That's just how the system works in Canada. 

33 minutes ago, Omni said:

Too bad he's in power with such a deficit in the popular vote. Maybe you need a little fixin' on your system.

Indeed. They need to filter out the illegal aliens who managed to register to vote. Then we'd see what the legitimate popular vote really was.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:57 PM, Canadianjim said:

When we speak to America , we speak as their largest customer. That is the power we have. If they want to risk losing their biggest customer then so be it. 

The Americans can do a lot more harm too Canada than vice-versa. If they shut the borders down for two weeks, Canada would be toast. And what would the snow birds do? Stuck in Canada for the winter or have to fly off to some warm country somewhere. No 4 - 5 months sucking up the sun in Arizona. Their high dollar is already killing Canadians. It is getting to expensive already to go vacation in America anymore. Canadians are screwed.  

3 hours ago, taxme said:

The Americans can do a lot more harm too Canada than vice-versa. If they shut the borders down for two weeks, Canada would be toast. And what would the snow birds do? Stuck in Canada for the winter or have to fly off to some warm country somewhere. No 4 - 5 months sucking up the sun in Arizona. Their high dollar is already killing Canadians. It is getting to expensive already to go vacation in America anymore. Canadians are screwed.  

Why would Canadians be screwed? Because they can't go to Arizona? The high dollar is good for our exports. The higher their dollar is , the more attractive Canadian goods become.

Canada's state broadcaster (CBC) picks foreign election as top news story for 2016.   

Maybe because Donald Trump won instead of the usual suspects.   Or is a U.S. presidential election always the top news story in Canada ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/top-5-news-stories-2016-1.3909891

7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's state broadcaster (CBC) picks foreign election as top news story for 2016.   

Maybe because Donald Trump won instead of the usual suspects.   Or is a U.S. presidential election always the top news story in Canada ?

Fascism concerns the world.

Edited by Canadianjim

17 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

Why would Canadians be screwed? Because they can't go to Arizona? The high dollar is good for our exports. The higher their dollar is , the more attractive Canadian goods become.

Maybe the high dollar is good for exports but it is not good for travelling. Every where one wants to go for a holiday, all vacation plans are done in American. The prices for goods in Canada are still way to high even with a low dollar. A higher Canadian dollar is better for Canadians as far as I am concerned unless you are one that does not go to the states or vacations. 

11 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Politics is boring in Canada. It's always the same old same old. Canadians will never be allowed to have a Trump like person in politics. The elite will make sure of that. The Canadian liberal establishment elite do not want to have a Trump in Canadian politics because if that did happen programs and agendas like political correctness, multiculturalism, and refugees could take a hit. That would really work for me. :D

4 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

Fascism concerns the world.

Americans already had fascism when Obama and Hillary were in charge. Thank gawd they are no more. America and the world needs a break from people like those two.