Womens only swimming day at public pool.

taxme

On 7/12/2018 at 6:52 PM, BuzzKillington said:

Gonna git my burkini out and join them. They won't even be able to see my beard with yesterday's soup still in it!

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women! Got your rubbers, chief?

Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three.

For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

I bet that you look pretty sexy in a burkini. LOL. 

On 7/11/2018 at 1:02 PM, Goddess said:

My feeling with the turbans/motorcycles is that they should be free to not wear a helmet as per their religion.

However, I feel it should be the same as with smokers - it should be difficult or extremely expensive to get insurance for motorcycle riding without a helmet.

And they can't sue anyone when their brains are splattered all over the pavement from an accident that they could have easily survived had they been wearing the proper safety gear.

If they want the right to not wear helmets, then they should also have to eat the consequences and responsibilities.

If the law says that one must wear a helmet then all motorcyclists should be wearing a helmet because it is the law. There should be no religious exemptions allowed. And if they are injured in an accident than it is the taxpayer that has to pick up the hospital tab for that person. Maybe there should be an exemption for motorcyclists where if they do not want to wear their helmets and they get injured their insurance company will not cover them and they also be forced to pay their own hospital bill. This way everyone has free choice. 

What if I do not want to wear my seat belt for safety reasons where I feel that if I get myself into a very serious accident and my vehicle catches on fire or I end up in the river I may not have enough time to get out of my seat belt to save my life if I have to fumble around trying to undo my seat belt. In those situations time is of the essence. One can be seriously injured and can be in panic mode and they cannot think fast enough. I think that I/they would have a legitimate point and belief that wearing a seat belt can be a danger to my life. My opinion. 

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who would have known you were into bearded transvestites. It takes all kinds I guess.

C'mon liberal, you appear to be the one that pretty much prefers bearded transvestites or any of those other weird sexual deviants out there roaming around on our Canadian streets? It always shows in your replies. Personally, I despise them and would like to see them seek help. Just saying. 

Edited by taxme

58 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And, as with most liberals, you would allow people to pursue happiness in their own way. 

One would think, however...

The conservative way seems to involve having government outlaw happiness.

...which also seems to be the only thing that turns them on so...a liberal is screwed no matter which they turn.  

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

...which also seems to be the only thing that turns them on so...a liberal is screwed no matter which they turn.  

They also love the idea of ruining the country just to outrage us.  It's great entertainment to tear up western values such as religious pluralism, to trigger liberals to cry 'racism'.

Even the cat gets tired of playing with the mouse, though.  And the mouse never liked the game.

To the OP: religious pluralism was perhaps THE founding principle of western democracy, and it solved a lot of problems.  If you don't want it, then why do you hate the west ?

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

One would think, however...

Liberalism has always been a bit screwed up in the head. Liberals do enjoy speaking before they think. Ha-ha-ha. 

On 7/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, taxme said:

Better still these Muslim women can go back to their country from whence they came if they do not want to assimilate and learn to live and work and play with men. No new immigrant should be allowed to immigrate here and start to demand that they be treated differently to how Canadians are suppose to live by the rules created for them to follow and obey. 

It is always a woman's choice.

Forcing women to be hijabless is as bad as forcing them to wear hijab. We don't go as low as some dictatorial regimes who force hijab.

I agree with the second part though.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

Too late.  It's already begun.

It is never too late. The helmet exemption for Sikhs can be reversed if the political will is there. But that will be tough for any politician to want to try and take on political correctness.That is why issues like this must be exposed and stopped. No matter what religion one is religion must obey the laws of the land with no exceptions for any religion. There are plenty of bad laws on the books that I do not agree with like the hate law in Canada but I have to abide by the law just the same or else. All levels of government have just too much power and control over all Canadians lives. We all go out every day and we all at least have broken a couple of laws. Unreal. 

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Is "THIS" an acronym for something? 

No I clicked too early. It was meant to agree with the second part of quoted statement but by mistake I also quoted the first part which I wasn't fully in agreement so I edited what I quoted.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It is always a woman's choice.

Forcing women to be hijabless is as bad as forcing them to wear hijab. We don't go as low as some regimes who force hijab.

Maybe so but why would any woman want to dress and cover themselves up from head to toe while living in a country that pretty much frowns on and thinks that it is a bit ridiculous to do so. For one thing it is not a healthy thing to be doing. The human body needs vitamin D which can be obtained from the sun, and to cover up pretty much your whole body is crazy. I see them at the beach and they just look ridiculous standing or sitting there all covered up. These Muslim women need to get with the times. This is not the tenth century that they are living in anymore. 

3 hours ago, Hates politicians said:

Nuke plant in tiverton. They also allow turbines under hard hats even though labor law says nothing to be worn under a hard hat for proper fit

Thanks. Now I know. Allowing Sikhs to wear only a turban on their head in a Canadian police uniform is beyond silly and ridiculous. Do they belong to a Canadian police department or are they on a training course with the local police? Are they a real cop for Canada or for Pakistan? This is just another example of how our politically correct stunned politicians think about Canada and it's Canadian culture and how things have always been done in Canada. We kiss butt Muslims and Sikhs and I wonder what religion will be next to get to flout the laws of Canada again?  Oh the joys of diversity and multiculturalism. :P

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Maybe so but why would any woman want to dress and cover themselves up from head to toe while living in a country that pretty much frowns on and thinks that it is a bit ridiculous to do so. For one thing it is not a healthy thing to be doing. The human body needs vitamin D which can be obtained from the sun, and to cover up pretty much your whole body is crazy. I see them at the beach and they just look ridiculous standing or sitting there all covered up. These Muslim women need to get with the times. This is not the tenth century that they are living in anymore. 

I have so much of respect for a woman's choice that I am ready to tolerate that as ridiculous and out of place as they may look. My tolerance ends when they want to change our way of life or try to force their way on other muslim women. This is a free country. They are free to live the way they wish but if they try to impose their way on others then I say to them get the hell out of here and go back to hell house they come from.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

1.) It is always a woman's choice.

2.) Forcing women to be hijabless is as bad as forcing them to wear hijab. We don't go as low as some dictatorial regimes who force hijab.

1.) Is it really?

2.) Huh? That's the best you can do? In many ways, the hijab represents a repressive ideology. I recall a woman who escaped the religious regime in Iran expressing this very sentiment to me. I guess we can all agree that it's bad to force people to accede to such beliefs and practices but is "forcing" them not to comply with such beliefs and practices really as bad? To me, it seems a false equivalency.

Edited by turningrite

12 minutes ago, turningrite said:

1.) Is it really?

You only need to read a few threads on any ex-Muslim forum to see how much of a choice it is.

Thread after thread after thread of women and girls who are forced to wear it.  And some threads from women who DO actually have the choice but can't figure out how to get out of the mental prison that tells them they are whores the second they walk outside without it.

Which has always begged the question for me - If it's really a choice, then why can't they choose NOT to wear it?

Edited by Goddess

12 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You only need to read a few threads on any ex-Muslim forum to see how much of a choice it is.

Thread after thread after thread of women and girls who are forced to wear it.  And some threads from women who DO actually have the choice but can't figure out how to get out of the mental prison that tells them they are whores the second they walk outside without it.

Which has always begged the question for me - If it's really a choice, then why can't they choose NOT to wear it?

You raise some valid concerns. The woman I reference in my post, with whom I did volunteer work a couple decades ago, adamantly opposed the notion that wearing the hijab and/or niqab has anything to do with "religious freedom" in the Western meaning of that term. She likened it, instead, to a freedom to oppress or to be subjected to oppression. I thought of this a few years ago while sitting near a group of hijab-wearing high school girls in a restaurant where one removed her hijab while her mates shrieked in unison, a couple of them noting that their parents would surely punish them if they became aware of any such public behavior. Is that real freedom?

3 minutes ago, turningrite said:

You raise some valid concerns. The woman I reference in my post, with whom I did volunteer work a couple decades ago, adamantly opposed the notion that wearing the hijab and/or niqab has anything to do with "religious freedom" in the Western meaning of that term. She likened it, instead, to a freedom to oppress or to be subjected to oppression. I thought of this a few years ago while sitting near a group of hijab-wearing high school girls in a restaurant where one removed her hijab while her mates shrieked in unison, a couple of them noting that their parents would surely punish them if they became aware of any such public behavior. Is that real freedom?

Another reasoning that people like to use for not allowing hijabs/burkas in a free country is that it is cruel to the women because they feel "naked"  and uncomfortable without it after wearing it from the time they are little.

That is no reason to keep people in mental prisons or damage society with repressive ideologies.

When I left the religion I was in, I was sure the first few times I celebrated my birthday or put up a Christmas tree that fire and brimstone were going to come down and smite me and the feelings of guilt and fear were very difficult and uncomfortable.

I got over it.  So will they.  Nothing tastes as good as REAL freedom.  And I am forever grateful to the people who helped me out of my mental prison and didn't allow me to wallow there.

1 hour ago, turningrite said:

1.) Is it really?

2.) Huh? That's the best you can do? In many ways, the hijab represents a repressive ideology. I recall a woman who escaped the religious regime in Iran expressing this very sentiment to me. I guess we can all agree that it's bad to force people to accede to such beliefs and practices but is "forcing" them not to comply with such beliefs and practices really as bad? To me, it seems a false equivalency.

Yes it is really. It is ALWAYS a woman's choice.

You tell me this!!!!!!! Yes of course hijab is a symbol of repression of women. In Iran is particular which enjoys highly educated and advanced population more so the female population and a backward repressive regime is forcing them to wear hijab and many women are fighting back hard in various ways against this extreme stupid repression. Forcing anyone for any reason wrong. Who are you to decide what should be forced on another human being? If you say forcing a woman against her choice is not bad then you are as bad as the ayatollah in opposite direction.