Forum Upgrade Satisfaction Poll

cybercoma

New Forum Upgrade  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Greg said:

However, telling me over and over again that you don't like the upgrade is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

Don't let them get you down Greg, we appreciate the hard work you. Unfortunately it is human nature to complain about change. Give it a few weeks to settle down and as we get familiar with the updated system I expect the comfort factor to improve.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Greg said:

Some of you might not want to hear this, but I don't care if you don't like the new forum format.

I had no choice but to upgrade, so lets all stop complaining.

If no one else has done it yet I thank you for the time and effort you've put into the upgrade. I have some quibbles with this or that and how it's working but I appreciate the work involved. I think people just get used to a particular format, a particular style, become familiar with how something works, and then get annoyed at having to relearn things. It's a fairly normal human failing.

On 10/9/2016 at 0:42 PM, Argus said:

I'm used to using italics to distinguish quoted material but it doesn't appear as if this is working. I've done it a number of times and the quoted text doesn't seem to look like italics.

It generally works for me, but I just tried in the status updates and it didn't. The WYSIWYG editor is new for the status updates, perhaps there are different editors.

51 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

The upgrade is infinitely better on my tablet and phone. I've not used it on my computer yet.

As I said, sites and the software used to build sites are gearing it towards tablets and phones more and more.  On the PC it looks ok, but I had to shrink the text. Personally I don't like the looks of a lot of sites because of the tablet look, CNN's site and ABC news are perfect examples of the new looks and they look terrible and function even worse ..

20 hours ago, Greg said:

Some of you might not want to hear this, but I don't care if you don't like the new forum format.

I will entertain suggestions on how to improve, because there are plenty of changes I can try to implement. As I said earlier, nothing is set in stone.

However, telling me over and over again that you don't like the upgrade is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

It's human nature to take for granted the things we like and complain about what we don't like so the people who like it are less likely to express themselves.  Don't pay it too much attention, you did what you had to.

I voted dislike at first, but if I could change my vote, I would.  Thank you for the upgrade.

28 minutes ago, BC_chick said:

It's human nature to take for granted the things we like and complain about what we don't like so the people who like it are less likely to express themselves.  Don't pay it too much attention, you did what you had to.

I voted dislike at first, but if I could change my vote, I would.  Thank you for the upgrade.

I will make a new poll in a couple weeks to see how people's opinion changes.

On 10/9/2016 at 6:15 PM, Greg said:

I will entertain suggestions on how to improve, because there are plenty of changes I can try to implement. As I said earlier, nothing is set in stone.

One change that I would like made, if possible, is to restore the option in the email notice of a post to go to the last nuread post. Also, make filtering of new topics in email easier.

Other than that I feel your pain.

21 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

The forum used to show new topics.... is that no longer an option?

Ah right! Above the status updates there was a panel with new topics listed. That would be nice to have back.

Also, the old software used to show who was in the chatroom before you got in there. Also a nice feature to have.

Edited by cybercoma

• Forum Admin
7 hours ago, BC_chick said:

What's the difference between Recently Browsing and Who's Online.  I notice sometimes a poster appearing in the latter shows as having posted '1 minute ago' but they are not in the Recently Browsing category.

No real difference, I've removed the Recently Browsing widget.

2 hours ago, The_Squid said:

The forum used to show new topics.... is that no longer an option?

That widget has been added to the front page of the forum.  I might add that to the sub topics area too... 

1 hour ago, cybercoma said:

Ah right! Above the status updates there was a panel with new topics listed. That would be nice to have back.

Also, the old software used to show who was in the chatroom before you got in there. Also a nice feature to have.

Both widgets have been added to the front page of the forums.

Enjoy!

• Forum Admin
1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Why is there no option to cancel a post before submitting?   I used to use that one a lot.

I've added a cancel button, which will close the reply form when selected - however, the autosave feature keeps whatever text you previously placed in the reply form. So if you return and select reply, the copy will still be available.

I still find it a pain that I have to scroll down for the latest post on my phone. There must be a way to adjust that? I never used to have to do that. I was always presented with the last post every time. When an upgrade happens it shouldn't negate user experience. 

Edited by WestCoastRunner