Is The US Headed For A Big Melt Down?

For Canadians, US shows are much easier to understand than UK ones. Our particular type of North American English is used beyond this continent when people have to use it but they prefer to use their own and their cultures are different. Not all shows translate. Some would need subtitles and background.

Understood, but Americans readily consume UK produced content without difficulty. Several programs are very popular on PBS specifically for their very British flavour. Concurrent with the UK's "Brexit" and political party leadership collapse, there is no panic in the U.S. over a potential UK "meltdown" beyond the usual market volatiltity and EU infighting.

My sense is that some in Canada have a lower panic threshold that is easily tripped by American style and amount of U.S. media/politics.

If things really start getting even more serious as they are now the President can declare a state of emergency, which also means cancelling the elections but that is all conspiracy-theory.

If things really start getting even more serious as they are now the President can declare a state of emergency, which also means cancelling the elections but that is all conspiracy-theory.

Correct...all nonsense. The Americans even held a regular presidential election during the Civil War.

Yes, I've heard of that conspiracy theory. I end up thinking about that conspiracy theory every time Obama opens his mouth at every disaster to push for gun control laws! He's so obsessed with disarming the people!

He pretends to try to calm the people now and wants unity - when not too long ago, he spoke about blacks being oppressed, on national tv! He's doing some double-talking.

As the head of the nation, I mean, why would you say something like that on tv?

That was before the trial even begun. I forgot which black was shot....I saw it sometime last year.

It makes me wonder if the higher ups are anticipating something. There's talks and photos of UN vehicles, and reports saying Pentagon had approved the use of force by the UN against "anyone" in the USA to "protect" civilians.

Of course these are not reported in the mainstream....and I don't really know if these reports I've read are legit.

It's a wait-and-see what happens.......November isn't far off.

Edited by betsy

It makes me wonder if the higher ups are anticipating something. There's talks and photos of UN vehicles, and reports saying Pentagon had approved the use of force by the UN against "anyone" in the USA to "protect" civilians.

Of course these are not reported in the mainstream....and I don't really know if these reports I've read are legit.

Do you have some convincing evidence to support this prophesy, like, say, a Blood Moon?

Do you have some convincing evidence to support this prophesy, like, say, a Blood Moon?

:rolleyes:

Yoohoo. Are you there? Earth to BubberMiley....come back down wherever you are......

Let me help you:

Edited by betsy

By rights he should be encouraging blacks to arm themselves and stand their ground against the state's attempt to control them.

By rights? What right?

The state's attempt to "control" them?

Are you saying blacks shouldn't be under the law like everyone else?

As an American, I cannot help but think that some of you are thinking rather pessimistically (or perhaps optimistically?)

We've had far worse unrest before. Even if it doubled, or tripled in its intensity, we've still survived worse. Then again, I'm an optimist.

I've never seen anything quite like this. It's not one major event, like 9/11, but it's a whole rash of things like betsy noted, that have started coming to a head. There's a whole lot of anger and hate out there and it's been boiling of late. Hopefully it doesn't completely boil over. Trump has made much of it worse. Everyone wants a voice and it seems people have to scream louder and louder to get heard these days, which is why we see a gradual but constant increase in sensationalism in the media. Think Jerry Springer, Miley Cyrus, and Trump...the most extreme and sensational gets the attention. Putting a gun to a few dozen people is guaranteed to get you on TV.

By rights? What right?

The state's attempt to "control" them?

Their 2nd Amendment Rights, in particular the ones that have to do with protecting themselves from governments that are out of control.

Are you saying blacks shouldn't be under the law like everyone else?

No, I'm saying they should be able to apply them like everyone else.

Meh, this is just people getting their knickers in a knot thanks to social media.

Less violence, less wars, less cops being shot, less lots of bad things over the past few decades.

But ignore the stats and ignore history because you can see violence on periscope/YouTube/Facebook at any moment on any day.

Now the bikers had joined in!

Fox Hollow, FL – Well the Black Lives Matters racist terrorists have done it… they have officially pissed off America’s bikers which is the last thing you want to do. Just ask the Million Muslims that were supposed to march around Washington DC a few years back on September 11th. Oh, that’s right, you can’t ask these Million Muslims because none of them showed up. They were too busy pissing themselves somewhere.

Fast forward from 2013 to 2016… today the terror group Black Lives Matter has murdered at least 7 cops (confirmed kills), with possible connections to the deaths of an additional 8 cops, and has carried out hate crimes against over 500 whites, Jews, Hispanics, and Asians since their founding via shootings, random acts of violence, and the infamous knockout game that has claimed the lives of 18 mostly elderly or pre-teen white people.

Given this track record, what in the heck do you think is going to happen when this same terror group announces that they will be “shutting down the Cleveland RNC“, have made death threats against the Cleveland Police, and Donald Trump??

https://whiskeytangofett.com/2016/07/18/breaking-hundreds-of-thousands-of-bikers-are-descending-on-cleveland-to-protect-rncincle/

Meh, this is just people getting their knickers in a knot thanks to social media.

Less violence, less wars, less cops being shot, less lots of bad things over the past few decades.

But ignore the stats and ignore history because you can see violence on periscope/YouTube/Facebook at any moment on any day.

That is true, but with greater visibility, a smaller amount of actual violence can still cause a greater societal impact.

Edited by Bonam

Stats, in the end, don't matter, it's the perception and anger that matters, and that can be fueled by social media etc. Black people were mistreated by cops for a very long time, but it took a person with a video camera to catch the Rodney King beating to cause riots.

Crime overall may be lower, but many bad things are increasing. More mass shootings, more domestic terrorism, more concentration of wealth by the rich, more jobs going overseas, and events like the 2008 recession. There's a lot of unhappy people.

The meltdown will come when they can no longer sustain $19 trillion in debt and growing. It is a failed state - but one with a huge credit card - since the central bank can just try to print their way out of trouble with little fear of mass inflation (due to Greenback hegemony)