America under President Trump

37 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Actually, as I pointed out, a fascists is neither right nor left wing. A fascist is a fascist. Its own entity.

The problem with that is that Republican, especially Trump Cult Followers identify with fascism or at least portray that behavior. 

32 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Freedom of speech is overrated. Nobody should be able to say anything anymore lest you're offended.

Calling your peers treasonous and saying they deserve to be shot among other things  is coming it a bit strong. Don’t be surprised if they react. People like Kathy Griffin paid dearly and no doubt you approved.

Edited by Aristides

32 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Freedom of speech is overrated. Nobody should be able to say anything anymore lest you're offended.

She's free to say what she has. But Free Speech doesn't come without consequence. 

If the GOP doesn't want to embrace QANON they shouldn't be comfortable promoting a Representative that's part of the QANON train. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Calling your peers treasonous and saying they deserve to be shot among other things  is coming it a bit strong. Don’t be surprised if they react. People like Kathy Griffin paid dearly and no doubt you approved.

1 minute ago, Boges said:

She's free to say what she has. But Free Speech doesn't come without consequence. 

If the GOP doesn't want to embrace QANON they shouldn't be comfortable promoting a Representative that's part of the QANON train. 

So who would you all like to see thrown in prison first for wrong-think? The list must be long.

The Supreme Court has established a complex framework for determining which types of false statements are unprotected.  There are four such areas which the Court has been explicit about. First, false statements of fact that are said with a "sufficiently culpable mental state" can be subject to civil or criminal liability.  Second, knowingly making a false statement of fact can sometimes be punished. Libel and slander laws fall under this category. Third, negligently false statements of fact may lead to civil liability in some instances.  Lastly, some implicit statements of fact—those that have a "false factual connotation"—can also fall under this exception.

The only viable defence is I see trump having is what we knew all along- plead insanity.  

16 minutes ago, Boges said:

Sweet projection. I've never suggested such a thing. 

#45 may be thrown in prison for inciting a riot, but that would have to be proven in court. 

So nobody on Team Woke is calling for reprograming camps for Trump supports nor do they suggest that Trump supporters are terrorists that are akin or worse than ISIS?

That's good news...

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

So nobody on Team Woke is calling for reprograming camps for Trump supports nor do they suggest that Trump supporters are terrorists that are akin or worse than ISIS?

That's good news...

I certainly think Qanon supporters are domestic terrorists. And the people who stormed the Capitol are 100% terrorists. 

And just to get out in front of Captain Whataboutism, I think Antifa are also domestic terrorists. 

BTW I don't think anyone is saying Qanon is worse than ISIS, just that they're a more present threat to US National security. 

Just now, Boges said:

I certainly think Qanon supporters are domestic terrorists. And the people who stormed the Capitol are 100% terrorists. 

And just to get out in front of Captain Whataboutism, I think Antifa are also domestic terrorists. 

BTW I don't think anyone is saying Qanon is worse than ISIS, just that they're a more present threat to US National security. 

I think your side created Q...now what?

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Indeed...keep spouting your insane theories, Mr Q, and keep proving me correct.

You know Mrs. MTG's own words are public record. Feel free to keep your head in the sand and think the Left are just making stuff up. 

Edited by Boges

The whole Qanon things is funny because the GOP knows they need them to get elected. But they have to pretend they're offended by their antics because they'll also lose the sensible Republicans that think Qanon is crazy. 

I don't envy the balancing act Kevin McCarthy has to perform. 

1 minute ago, Cannucklehead said:

Psst.  Don't tell him its because Obama likes Chicago style.  Mums the word.  

I accept your surrender.

Just now, Boges said:

Oh really, then I expect to stop seeing you posting reflexively defending him and them. 

I'll do exactly as I please, thanks. I don't take orders from you no matter how much you'd like to order people around and have them obey you.

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

The whole Qanon things is funny because the GOP knows they need them to get elected. But they have to pretend they're offended by their antics because they'll also lose the sensible Republicans that think Qanon is crazy. 

I don't envy the balancing act Kevin McCarthy has to perform. 

I don't think he needs to balance anything, he needs to grow a pair and stand for what the believes in.