America under President Trump

15 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I have always made the distinction that I like America and Americans. It's the government controlled by the military and corporations that I have a problem with.

Why? The American people vote in their government remember? Their government represents what the people want! A government for the people, by the people, remember? So whatever their government does, reflects the will of the people!

Also hard to sever ties from nations that have had their economies fairly integrated for about 100 years.

Then untangle yourselves.

The American Dream has been dead for decades.

What? I wasn't talking about the American Dream, I was talking about the people over there not listening to you! Which probably makes you frustrated!

7 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's America...love it or leave it.

I love it but you know what I would love more? An experiment where the US isolates itself. I want to see how the world would be like. Would it be a terrifying world like what you say, or would it be a peaceful one like what these canucks and europeans say.

By the way, the Canadians don't treat you like human beings, so why bother with them?

"The anti-Americanism was a pain in the ass to hear. Canadians have a global reputation of being extremely tolerant and polite…except when it comes to Americans. A lot of it was just nonsensical and it’s a form of prejudice, full stop. It was annoying because I was born in the States and I hated hearing others slag on my place of birth. It’s also incredibly hypocritical to boast about tolerance (even defending intolerant acts by other, non-American cultures!) when practicing the opposite."

Lewis Jacobson https://www.quora.com/Do-you-regret-moving-to-Canada

1 hour ago, puresorbolene said:

Why? The American people vote in their government remember?

Their votes do not matter. Electoral college and gerrymandering.

Their government represents what the people want! A government for the people, by the people, remember? So whatever their government does, reflects the will of the people!

Actually if we went with the person that got the most votes, then that would mean H Clinton would be POTUS.  And no when it comes down to it, it's only HALF of the people's will.  The divide in the USA runs deep.

Then untangle yourselves.

I've been observing how much Trump has been trying to untangle itself from China manufacturing. Killing NAFTA. Looks like that has been causing more problems for the USA.  Could not find a towel in a Trump hotel with a label 'made in America'.  Why is that?

What? I wasn't talking about the American Dream, I was talking about the people over there not listening to you! Which probably makes you frustrated!

Geeze the trolls are hitting this board hard lately. . And yes you are correct  no one listens to me  , aside from people on msg boards that tell me no one is listening to me, by posting and telling me time and time again , that they are not listening to me.

35 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Their votes do not matter. Electoral college and gerrymandering.

Yeah they do. I'm not familiar how but they do.

Actually if we went with the person that got the most votes, then that would mean H Clinton would be POTUS.  And no when it comes down to it, it's only HALF of the people's will.  The divide in the USA runs deep.

Yes but in their system of government, that's how it works, so too bad for you and maybe them. They don't like it? They can have it changed.

Looks like that has been causing more problems for the USA.

That's good if it is! A weaker USA is what Canadians want, isn't it? You shouldn't be telling them that, you should be keeping it a secret and just let it happen.

Geeze the trolls are hitting this board hard lately. 

Oh God. Here we go again. I'm a troll for saying facts!

Oh God. Here we go again. I'm a troll for saying facts!

You are not a troll a for stating facts. You are a troll for insulting the intelligence of the moderator who deserves people defending him for protecting the integrity of this board from spambots. I appreciate his vigilance and you are wasting his time. Changing your name will not change a damn thing. 

https://www.dw.com/en/the-rise-of-political-bots-on-social-media/a-19450562

http://www.digitaljournal.com/internet/op-ed-your-online-political-heroes-are-bots-not-people/article/506645

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Rue said:

You are a troll for insulting the intelligence of the moderator who deserves people defending him for protecting the integrity of this board from spambots. I appreciate his vigilance and you are wasting his time. Changing your name will not change a damn thing. 

How have I insulted his intelligence though? If you mean those threads? Okay, fine, I won't make anymore of those anymore but I have the right to be here and I have the right to post because I thought that in Canada, you have freedom of speech.

And also mr. dog, I don't want to engage in their debate because it doesn't get you anywhere. How many times have you been in such debates? Has it resulted in anything good or do you just ramble on until you get emotional and want to hurt one another through words or even fists if you were in the same room? You see I'm not like that! That is why I propose radical, RADICAL solutions to each groups problems and they do get things done! And what is wrong with sharing them? It's not like you cowardly canucks are going to do it anyway.

You see the problem with you canucks and your european brothers and sisters is that you want it your way, YOUR WAY must be followed and if you don't get it, you get angry. And this site does not want to hear the alternative. You are like a child who complains about mommy and daddy all the time but when told that he/she is free to leave...... well.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:47 PM, dialamah said:

I read it.  Sounds like a rationalization of a racist comment direct from RW media.  We (Americans and Canadians) all came from "away", but only some people (not brown people born in the country, according to Trump and his supporters) are allowed to complain about the country?  Give me a break.  

Sounds like you're one of those people who doesn't actually do the right things in life, so you get your dopamine rush from talking about other people and virtue signalling.

I've read a few negative articles on CBC via FB over the last few months.  Dunno about CTV, but Global has run new stories critical of him as well.   I notice these because of how often I read on this forum claiming these media outlets won't say anything critical.   

Riiiight. They can't completely avoid the topics of SNC or Adm Norman or paid trips to private islands that belong to foreign leaders, so they give them the absolute minimum coverage possible and quickly draw attention away to less important topics.

"Duffygate", over $90K, made headline news for 3 years. Trudeau has only been PM for a bit more than 3 years and all of his scandals are already long-forgotten by CBC. If you can't see the massive difference then that's why you're a liberal sycophant.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, dialamah said:

People on this forum regularly attack the integrity and character of Canada and belch out bigoted and hateful talking points.  Perhaps they need to return to their "places of origin" - even if its Europe or the UK?

For example?

I see a lot of America-bashing but not much about Canada.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, GostHacked said:

what these 4 ladies have said.

You're calling someone who gets a calming feeling when talking about the holocaust (Tlaib), and someone who is spewing outright lies about the US government being involved in forcing illegal immigrants to drink out of toilets (AOC), and an outspoken religious bigot (Omar) "ladies"? That's pathetic. Those females are just a smidgeon above 'hos' if you're handing out titles.

I've supported Trump for quite a while and never referred to him as a 'gentleman'.

It's the type of guy Trump is, off the cuff and not really thinking anything through.  That's dangerous attitude to have in the White House.

You say that he doesn't think things through because you listen to CNN too much.

The end result of the Syrian conflict is that he ran circles around Putin and islamic state is gone. NoKo had to STFU and stop shooting missiles around after Mattis said "If they shoot missiles at us that's called 'war' ".

American foreign policy went from being a wishy-washy epic failure to being bang on target. Xi and Iran and NoKo have all been forced to pay the piper. 

Meanwhile in the Straight of Hormuz the USA is poking at Iran hoping to ignite a new war that will not end well for any of us.

Iran is doing what Iran always does, it's just counter-productive now. They're digging themselves a hole instead of looking like a world leader. 

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You're calling someone who gets a calming feeling when talking about the holocaust (Tlaib), and someone who is spewing outright lies about the US government being involved in forcing illegal immigrants to drink out of toilets (AOC), and an outspoken religious bigot (Omar) "ladies"? That's pathetic. Those females are just a smidgeon above 'hos' if you're handing out titles.

I've supported Trump for quite a while and never referred to him as a 'gentleman'.

That's nice to clarify.

You say that he doesn't think things through because you listen to CNN too much.

I don't listen to CNN. I watch it, but I don't listen to it. :D

The end result of the Syrian conflict is that he ran circles around Putin and islamic state is gone. NoKo had to STFU and stop shooting missiles around after Mattis said "If they shoot missiles at us that's called 'war' ".

Actually it was Russia and Syria that purged the Saudi /American backed ISIS terrorists out of Syria.

American foreign policy went from being a wishy-washy epic failure to being bang on target. Xi and Iran and NoKo have all been forced to pay the piper. 

How? If anything Trump has legitimized North Korea's leader.

Iran is doing what Iran always does, it's just counter-productive now. They're digging themselves a hole instead of looking like a world leader. 

Looks like Iran is simply taking care of itself and smacking the nose of the UK and USA.. Seized 3 tankers last week and what has been done about it? HA nothing.

3 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

That's nice to clarify.

I'm glad you enjoyed that bit of clarity, even though it came at the expense of having your startling inability to be honest exposed.

I don't listen to CNN. I watch it, but I don't listen to it. :D

I know that you think that's a clever distinction, but it's ridiculous. 

Even if you were watching with the volume turned down you'd still be brainwashed by their printed headlines and the ticker. 

Actually it was Russia and Syria that purged the Saudi /American backed ISIS terrorists out of Syria.

OK GH, let's see your laundry list of cites to back that up. 

Oh, just your opinion again? That's a shocker.

How? If anything Trump has legitimized North Korea's leader.

1) Instead of giving NoKo gobs of money, like a Demmie, he put punitive sanctions against NoKo, and he got them to stop testing ballistic missiles.

2) He's offering NoKo an out, that's not a bad move politically. If he didn't do that, in line with the sanctions, he would just be the person that CNN says he is.

Looks like Iran is simply taking care of itself and smacking the nose of the UK and USA.. Seized 3 tankers last week and what has been done about it? HA nothing.

If you knew anything about international politics and strategies then you'd know that building consensus, both domestically and internationally, is a huge part of a winning proposition.

If the US nuked Iran after they grabbed a single tanker the US would become the absolute black sheep of the international community and Iran would achieve martyrdom.

If the US bombed targets in retaliation for the drone attack, and they resulted in human deaths, even if they were just military casualties, the US would be losing ground in the PR war. And besides, ran would claim that they were mostly civilian casualties, and they'd even throw some dead kids on the pile too, I kid you not. Again, the US would lose the PR war.

Right now the world is seeing Iran continue to emerge as the bad guy. Even people like you, who favour Iran in this, are saying that Iran is 'smacking noses' which means that you're acknowledging the fact that they're the ones out there who are on the attack. Being the aggressors. That's the kind of thing that helps create a general consensus that something needs to be done about Iran. It means that Trump is winning. He's like the little snake on the bottom of the ocean that plays dead so that little fish come to nibble on it.

The mullahs are walking on the edge of their graves right now. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

"Duffygate", over $90K, made headline news for 3 years. Trudeau has only been PM for a bit more than 3 years and all of his scandals are already long-forgotten by CBC. If you can't see the massive difference then that's why you're a liberal sycophant.

According to your view of the world even Charles Koch is a left wing liberal sycophant. Are you completely oblivious to why your opinions are so impossible to take seriously?

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm glad you enjoyed that bit of clarity, even though it came at the expense of having your startling inability to be honest exposed.

I know that you think that's a clever distinction, but it's ridiculous. 

Even if you were watching with the volume turned down you'd still be brainwashed by their printed headlines and the ticker. 

That's some incredible speculation and projection. This typically fails miserably for those who speculate and attribute things to people in which they never stated.

OK GH, let's see your laundry list of cites to back that up. 

Go here, read the thread,  get back to me. Plenty of cites for you to read.  Take your time, it's a lot to take in.

Oh, just your opinion again? That's a shocker.

I have opinions, lots of them not popular. 

1) Instead of giving NoKo gobs of money, like a Demmie, he put punitive sanctions against NoKo, and he got them to stop testing ballistic missiles.

You are factually incorrect. Trump THINKS he stopped him.  Even tried to downplay the missiles North Korea launched this year.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/north-korea/2019-05-16/why-north-korea-testing-missiles-again

After 522 days without a ballistic missile test, North Korea is at it again. On May 4, two months after the failed Hanoi summit, Pyongyang fired a new type of solid-fuel short range ballistic missile and tested two separate multiple rocket launch systems. Any hope that the test was a one-off evaporated just five days later, when North Korea again launched several of the new short range ballistic missiles, one of which traveled as far as 420 kilometers.

2) He's offering NoKo an out, that's not a bad move politically. If he didn't do that, in line with the sanctions, he would just be the person that CNN says he is.

Missiles launched, where are those sanctions?

If you knew anything about international politics and strategies then you'd know that building consensus, both domestically and internationally, is a huge part of a winning proposition.

That I understand. The strategy has been to surround Iran over the past 20 years in order to eventually attack and take out Iran.

If the US nuked Iran after they grabbed a single tanker the US would become the absolute black sheep of the international community and Iran would achieve martyrdom.

If the US bombed targets in retaliation for the drone attack, and they resulted in human deaths, even if they were just military casualties, the US would be losing ground in the PR war. And besides, ran would claim that they were mostly civilian casualties, and they'd even throw some dead kids on the pile too, I kid you not. Again, the US would lose the PR war.

Right now the world is seeing Iran continue to emerge as the bad guy. Even people like you, who favour Iran in this, are saying that Iran is 'smacking noses' which means that you're acknowledging the fact that they're the ones out there who are on the attack. Being the aggressors. That's the kind of thing that helps create a general consensus that something needs to be done about Iran. It means that Trump is winning. He's like the little snake on the bottom of the ocean that plays dead so that little fish come to nibble on it.

The mullahs are walking on the edge of their graves right now. 

How do you think the USA would react if their nation was surrounded by foreign military bases and warships? They would react the same way. 100%

Iran is not innocent, but the USA is trying to trigger Iran into a war. That's baiting which the USA is good at. 

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

That's some incredible speculation and projection. This typically fails miserably for those who speculate and attribute things to people in which they never stated.

That's a pretty articulate response, although completely off-topic. You do listen to what they're saying on CNN and you're regurgitating their talking points like a blankie-wielding screamer.

Go here, read the thread,  get back to me. Plenty of cites for you to read.  Take your time, it's a lot to take in.

BS. You're re-directing me to an entire thread instead of providing actual cites to back your ridiculous claim.

I have opinions, lots of them not ___________. 

well thought out

plausible

related to the questions I was asked

You are factually incorrect. Trump THINKS he stopped him.  Even tried to downplay the missiles North Korea launched this year.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/north-korea/2019-05-16/why-north-korea-testing-missiles-again

He stopped him for 522 days, as per your own source, and he stopped him from testing long-range ballistic missiles entirely. 

Also, the US hasn't given up a single thing to NoKo in all of this. Trump enacted sanctions that are still in place to this day and it cost the US zero. Missile testing is drastically down and NoKo's economy is getting crushed. The US has received hostages back as well. 

When Obama was in power he did absolutely nothing to NoKo. Zero. NoKo was acting like Godzilla. They aren't playing that game anymore.

Missiles launched, where are those sanctions?

Still in place.

That I understand. The strategy has been to surround Iran over the past 20 years in order to eventually attack and take out Iran.

But you say that Trump should be overreacting to slight grievances... Which one is it? Go heavy on every single little thing or just let consensus pile up? Your two ideas are in complete conflict with each other. Shocker.

How do you think the USA would react if their nation was surrounded by foreign military bases and warships? They would react the same way. 100%

100% wrong, as usual, but this time in dramatic fashion.

They would react just like they reacted to the Cuban missile crisis. 

They would seek international co-operation and they would fight like men. They wouldn't send out kids to strap explosives to their bodies and then go to blow kids up after a concert.

Iran is not innocent, but the USA is trying to trigger Iran into a war. That's baiting which the USA is good at. 

Iran is a religiously-bigoted shithole that's led by genocidal douchebags with extremely low IQs. War with Iran is inevitable, it's just a matter of whether it occurs before or after they have nukes.

I noticed that a former member of this forum is going around, and openly calling for the assassination of Donald Trump. I'm not much of a fan of Trump, but I never understood the obsession over him, where one would resort to devoting their entire existence to being critical of every single thing he does.  

I hate Trudeau, but I would not take any joy in his death, regardless of his politics.

Edited by J4L

That's a pretty articulate response, although completely off-topic. You do listen to what they're saying on CNN and you're regurgitating their talking points like a blankie-wielding screamer.

BS. You're re-directing me to an entire thread instead of providing actual cites to back your ridiculous claim.

Because there is a lot of info. All the cites are there. I am not walking you through anything.

He stopped him for 522 days, as per your own source, and he stopped him from testing long-range ballistic missiles entirely. 

No the claim was the Trump stopped NKs missile tests all together. We know that is not fact.

Also, the US hasn't given up a single thing to NoKo in all of this. Trump enacted sanctions that are still in place to this day and it cost the US zero. Missile testing is drastically down and NoKo's economy is getting crushed. The US has received hostages back as well. 

You now say drastically down, before you made the claim Trump stopped ALL missile tests in North Korea. Again factually incorrect.

They would react just like they reacted to the Cuban missile crisis. 

And now you know why Iran is acting the way it is.  You don't have to like it but you sure need to recognize that.

They would seek international co-operation and they would fight like men. They wouldn't send out kids to strap explosives to their bodies and then go to blow kids up after a concert.

It's like you would not even consider the USA causing terrorism in the world by invading nations or the case of Syria, supporting terrorists to push back on Assad.

Iran is a religiously-bigoted shithole that's led by genocidal douchebags with extremely low IQs. War with Iran is inevitable, it's just a matter of whether it occurs before or after they have nukes.

Iran is the way it is because of something the USA did over 50 years ago to Iran.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Iran is the way it is because of something the USA did over 50 years ago to Iran.

That said, I think what the US did to Iran had a far far worse effect on itself. It effectively re-created itself into a monster - a super-rogue.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

That said, I think what the US did to Iran had a far far worse effect on itself. It effectively re-created itself into a monster - a super-rogue.

That was the idea....and now Canada is voluntarily even more dependent on the "super-rogue".   

I love it when a plan comes together !

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-afghanistan-comments-1.5220664

U.S. President Donald Trump said Monday that he could win the nearly 18-year war in Afghanistan "in a week," but that he doesn't want "to kill millions of people" and wipe Afghanistan "off the face of the Earth."

Trump, who met with Pakistan's prime minister, Imran Khan, on Monday, is trying to persuade Islamabad to help get a deal with the Taliban that would end America's longest war.

HAHAHAH  in a week.

Ousting the Taliban 15+ years ago only to end up negotiating with them anyways.  I call that a failure.  A failure blamed on at least 3 Presidents. Trump, Obama, Bush Jr.

The USA will never get out of Afghanistan. They never had intentions of leaving anyways.

53 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That was the idea....and now Canada is voluntarily even more dependent on the "super-rogue".   

I love it when a plan comes together !

Actually we have no idea the level of dependency anymore. Those rules keep changing. Does not provide any kind of stability. Mainly for the US Eh

President Trump and Congress reach a deal on federal budget...no shut down is expected this year.   Just another day in the life of an American president.

WASHINGTON—Congressional and White House negotiators reached a deal to increase federal spending and raise the government’s borrowing limit, securing a bipartisan compromise to avoid a looming fiscal crisis and pushing the next budget debate past the 2020 election.

The deal for more than $2.7 trillion in spending over two years, which must still pass both chambers of Congress and needs President Trump’s signature, would suspend the debt ceiling until the end of July 2021. It also raises spending by nearly $50 billion next fiscal year above current levels.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-and-congress-near-agreement-on-spending-debt-ceiling-11563799484