America under President Trump

8 minutes ago, Canadianjim said:

In the 56 days Trump has been in office, we’ve counted 219 false or misleading claims.

So ?   In the 8 years Obama was in office, I've counted many false or misleading claims as well.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/

So Trump is just being very...ummmm...presidential !

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So ?   In the 8 years Obama was in office, I've counted many false or misleading claims as well.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/

So Trump is just being very...ummmm...presidential !

lol 54 days compared to 8 years and Obama isn't even close to the number or type of trump's lies 

Edited by Canadianjim
  • Like 1

President Trump's DoJ arrests Canadian working with Russians to spy on Americans.  

No wonder Trump stops more Canadians at the border.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/with-arrest-quiet-ancaster-street-becomes-a-place-of-international-intrigue-1.4026906

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/russia-hackers-charged-yahoo-breach-1.4026006

Edited by bush_cheney2004

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Trump's DoJ arrests Canadian working with Russians to spy on Americans.  

No wonder Trump stops more Canadians at the border.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/with-arrest-quiet-ancaster-street-becomes-a-place-of-international-intrigue-1.4026906

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/russia-hackers-charged-yahoo-breach-1.4026006

1.IC confirms Russian interference in the election

2. Obama expells several Russian diplomats

3. Immediately Russia says they will do the same thing which is historically what it's always been done by them

4. Flynn contacts the Russians ( initially denies it)

5. Russia then decides
 NOT to retaliate by
expelling Americans

6. Immediately Trump tweets admiration for Putin

7. 3 weeks go by until CNN breaks the story and Trump fires Flynn.

If it looks like a duck

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

More Canadians taking American jobs have been rejected at the border....this is getting interesting.

Oh... so there's thousands of American nurses sitting around unemployed because those darned Canadian nurses keep taking their jobs? Ok.

-k

18 hours ago, Topaz said:

I know a lot more than I'm saying but its not me that needs to  show the evidence it's Trump and certain people lives could be in danger. The Elites are very powerful people and for all I know he could have been setup by them. I'm waiting, if I'm wrong than I'm wrong.

oh come on.  Trump "learned" about the Obama wiretap from an article he saw on Breitbart, and the Breitpravda article was about Mark Levin's conspiracy theory.  This claim against Obama doesn't come from high-level top-secret sources, it comes from the imagination of an alt-right radio blowhard.

I'm also curious as to why you keep sticking up for Trump, Topaz. The rest of the Trump apologists here I get, but you are the one who said you thought Trump would stop the wars and use the money to give people healthcare. Now millions of people are losing their healthcare, and Trump is promising to boost military spending by billions of dollars and stockpile nuclear weapons and build new aircraft carriers.  He's the opposite of what you thought. Why do you support him?

-k

1 minute ago, Wilber said:

Trump says the US shouldn't police the world but he wants major increases in defence spending for a country that already spends more than the next nine countries combined. Do I detect a mixed message here?

At the start of WW2, the USA's main daylight single seat Navy fighter was the Brewster Buffalo. They were shot down in DROVES by the far superior Japanese Zeros and Oscars. Those Army Air Corp types lucky enough to have the P-40 still had a machine totally outclassed by the Japanese...but at least in a dive, they could run away.

I doubt that situation should be repeated...in a modern form.

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

At the start of WW2, the USA's main daylight single seat Navy fighter was the Brewster Buffalo. They were shot down in DROVES by the far superior Japanese Zeros and Oscars. Those Army Air Corp types lucky enough to have the P-40 still had a machine totally outclassed by the Japanese...but at least in a dive, they could run away.

I doubt that situation should be repeated...in a modern form.

In 2015 the US spent more on defence than the next nine countries combined. The US military isn't hurting and neither is the US's ability to defend itself.

2 hours ago, kimmy said:

Oh... so there's thousands of American nurses sitting around unemployed because those darned Canadian nurses keep taking their jobs? Ok.

-k

Actually there's a shortage of nurses in the US, and its getting worse. But then, since when does a Republican administration give a damn about the health needs of the public? The richer hospitals who cater to millionaires will always be able to offer higher salaries. And other people - well, they don't matter.

27 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Trump says the US shouldn't police the world but he wants major increases in defence spending for a country that already spends more than the next nine countries combined. Do I detect a mixed message here?

Comparing what the US spends to what others spend is a mugs game since spending doesn't translate to actual military power. Russia and China and North Korea and just about every other non-European country spend way, way less on salaries and benefits for the soldiers they draft. That gives them a lot more bang for the buck. Most of the money the US (and Canada) spends on its military is for salaries and benefits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Comparing what the US spends to what others spend is a mugs game since spending doesn't translate to actual military power. Russia and China and North Korea and just about every other non-European country spend way, way less on salaries and benefits for the soldiers they draft. That gives them a lot more bang for the buck. Most of the money the US (and Canada) spends on its military is for salaries and benefits.

Indeed. Let those who want America to disarm itself stand downrange of a Grad battery...they're really cheap. And they shoot toy rockets!

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Canadianjim said:

1.IC confirms Russian interference in the election

2. Obama expells several Russian diplomats

3. Immediately Russia says they will do the same thing which is historically what it's always been done by them

4. Flynn contacts the Russians ( initially denies it)

5. Russia then decides
 NOT to retaliate by
expelling Americans

6. Immediately Trump tweets admiration for Putin

7. 3 weeks go by until CNN breaks the story and Trump fires Flynn.

If it looks like a duck

I'm not saying u r wrong , I saying there are  some that can make a chicken look like a duck!

18 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I'm not saying u r wrong , I saying there are  some that can make a chicken look like a duck!

Topaz, don't expect to go around accusing individuals of committing crimes without presenting any evidence, and not expect people to call you on it.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Indeed. Let those who want America to disarm itself stand downrange of a Grad battery...they're really cheap. And they shoot toy rockets!

America disarming itself. Now that's funny. So how many of the next highest spending countries combined do they need to out spend in order to be safe? Fifteen? Twenty? Thirty? They planning on fighting the whole world?

Edited by Wilber

2 minutes ago, Wilber said:

America disarming itself. Now that's funny. So how many of the next highest spending countries combined do they need to out spend in order to be safe? Fifteen? Twenty? Thirty? They planning on fighting the whole world?

Email Trump...tell him you're not pleased with his military spending.

Until then...

• Like 1