America under President Trump

1 minute ago, betsy said:

CBC correspondent talks about Russia wanting an apology from Fx News for that interview.  The CBC correspondent described the interview with Trump, as "bizarre."  Indeed, it is! 

I don't think there's ever been anything so bizarre as an American president trying to justify murder. Except maybe the people doing contortions trying to make excuses for him.

19 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You don't feel the slightest cognitive dissonance after criticizing Hillary for being aligned with Wall Street?

The dissonance is with Hillary - after decades in office, the leaked paid speech before Wall Street speaks for itself.

Clinton’s Leaked Wall Street Speeches Reveal, Shockingly, That She Gets Wall Street

In her paid speeches to bankers, Clinton demonstrates a facility with capital markets, even if she is afraid to say any of it out loud.

As for Trump, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.  Even though his appointees are from Wall Street and they're all SUCCESSFUL billionaires....would that be surprising if someone wants to re-do the nation, and aim to making it great again?  Who would understand it better than someone with that kind of experience?

Wait and see.  Too early to say. 
Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

The dissonance is with Hillary - after decades in office, the leaked paid speech before Wall Street speaks for itself.

No, it doesn't speak for itself. What are you trying to say?

And you're going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will fix Wall Street corruption? You should look into what Dodd-Frank was about. I'm guessing that doesn't ring any bells.

Edited by BubberMiley

15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

America under President Trump will continue to have the largest number of immigrants than any other nation in the world...it is not even close:

Npxkg7q_tQf7x6dIRJYA1tRBKk2pLuVXAypLMUXu

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/which-country-has-the-largest-diaspora

Passing through and this got my attention. Curiosity made me wonder what percentage of each country's population immigrants actually make up. Using the numbers in this graph, the UN's 2016 population numbers and some elementary school arithmetic, the rankings come out like this.

1: UAE                     87%

2: Saudi Arabia        31.6%

3: Australia              28.0%

4: Canada               21.5%

5: Germany             14.9%

6: USA                    14.4%

7: UK                       13.1%

8: Spain                   12.8%

9: France                  12.1%

10: Russia                  8.1%

To put it in perspective, 46.6 million immigrants would equal 128% of Canada's population, whereas the US would need 23 million more immigrants to equal Canada's 21.5% of population.

Numbers are funny things.

Just another service from your friendly roving fact checker.

Gday.

20 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Numbers are funny things.

Just another service from your friendly roving fact checker.

Numbers can be funny...like 19% of all the world's immigrant population being in the United States.   No other nation comes close.

Nothing President Trump does will change that.   Millions of President Obama deportations didn't change it either.

USA is #1 for immigrants....for a very long time.

Cheers.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

25 minutes ago, Wilber said:

So what, if Canada had your population and the same ratio of immigrants to native born population it has now, it would have 69 million immigrants. The fact is, you are not #1 when it comes to your percentage of immigrant population, you are #6.

Your number games do not matter to immigrants who have actually been landed.   President Trump's USA is #1...by far.

China and Japan also have very larger populations, as does Indonesia.  Far fewer immigrants.

Canada is not #1 in anything for historical number of immigrants.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 hours ago, Topaz said:

I agree with Trump, the US government isn't innocence when it comes to killing people, but two wrongs don't make it right. Trump seems so fr to try and change  and bring back respect to this country but I don't think Americans could handle the truth.

Has any previous US government murdered its political enemies and critics like Putin does?

2 hours ago, Wilber said:

Passing through and this got my attention. Curiosity made me wonder what percentage of each country's population immigrants actually make up. Using the numbers in this graph, the UN's 2016 population numbers and some elementary school arithmetic, the rankings come out like this.

1: UAE                     87%

2: Saudi Arabia        31.6%

3: Australia              28.0%

4: Canada               21.5%

Bear in mind the foreigners in the UAE and Saudi Arabia have no rights, and no path to citizenship.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Bear in mind the foreigners in the UAE and Saudi Arabia have no rights, and no path to citizenship.

I didn't post the graph but sure, most of those people are just there so that the locals don't have to do any real work, but if you leave those two out, the US is still #4. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wilber said:

I didn't post the graph but sure, most of those people are just there so that the locals don't have to do any real work, but if you leave those two out, the US is still #4. 

#6, and 14.4% to our 21.5. More to the point, has anyone suggested that more than 50% of the citizens of the US will be foreign born in less than twenty years?

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

#6, and 14.4% to our 21.5. More to the point, has anyone suggested that more than 50% of the citizens of the US will be foreign born in less than twenty years?

Really, how is that going to work? Are people born in the US going to stop having children?

Edited by Wilber
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, kactus said:

There is no such a thing as native Americans unless you are referring to American Indians. America is the land of immigrants and built by immigrants.....

Twaddle. You could say the same about China, but you wouldn't.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Wilber said:

Really, how is that going to work? Are people born in the US going to stop having children?

Not the point. The point is that Canada has taken in and is taking in so many immigrants they will soon outnumber us. The Americans aren't anywhere near that point.

• Downvote 1

How is it even slightly controversial that Trump agrees that Putin is a killer and that the US has many killers too?  People on the left were calling out GW Bush for war crimes and have a look at Obama and Hillary?  I mean really, Isn't it obvious that all these people have had others killed?