America under President Trump

4 minutes ago, betsy said:

Why would the interviewer even ask along that line?  Trump was likely being sarcastic.

No, it's well known that Putin has his political opponents killed. He has a guy in the hospital right now with, I believe, radiation poisoning. Trump would look like an idiot to deny this, but he's still not allowed to say anything bad (see pee tape). He probably should have gone your route and said he hasn't been convicted of anything, but I guess he's not as smart as you are. Instead, he questioned the seriousness of murder without a hint of sarcasm. You sure can pick em.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

Expensive to the taxpayer; I thought protecting the taxpayer dollar was the Great Quest of Conservatives such as yourself?

Work farms don't cost money. How can you lose money working a farm with what is, in effect, unpaid labour?

Edited by Argus

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

Work farms don't cost money. How can you lose money working a farm with what is, in effect, unpaid labour?

Work farms apparently didn't make money.

Latest figures show the farms generated revenues of $7.5-million, but had expenses of $11.6-million, for a loss of $4.1-million.

Work farms have been shut down.  

But they may come back.

We do still have Cor-Can, though, which serves a similar purpose as the work farms, but are focused on manufacturing or construction instead of agriculture.

The inmates are paid in these programs, although not much.   

But hey, in America under Trump there may be a lot more prison programs - if he progresses along the line of fascism he's started with, he's lining up lots of prisoners - and we know how Canada likes to follow the US's lead.    Though I hope we wouldn't, in this case.   :)

• Like 1

Trump defends Putin as the latter is being referred to as a killer, then claims America is also a killer, "not so innocent", and at the same time seems to ignore the fact he supported the Iraq war. How much more bizarre could one get? Maybe America should impeach Trump and then elect Alec Baldwin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

No, it's well known that Putin has his political opponents killed. He has a guy in the hospital right now with, I believe, radiation poisoning. Trump would look like an idiot to deny this, but he's still not allowed to say anything bad (see pee tape). He probably should have gone your route and said he hasn't been convicted of anything, but I guess he's not as smart as you are. Instead, he questioned the seriousness of murder without a hint of sarcasm. You sure can pick em.

If there's no clear evidence, as a world leader he can't make public accusations.  That's like the hacking report.  Despite all the "evidence" everyone is claiming to have.....there's no clear evidence to accuse Putin of being directly behind it.

All those people they say died mysteriously because of Hillary - what's the difference between that and these things they say about Putin?

Ordinary people like us can speculate and talk about all these to our hearts' content.....but a nation's leader - especially someone who'd want to have a good relationship with a possible ally - can't go public and say things you want to hear him say.  That would be irresponsible of him!

I don't doubt his smart.  He's bristling against MSM, and the topic of his "closeness" with Putin (especially during the election) was really used by the media and political opponent in trying to sink him.  He deliberately praised Putin - getting the goat of everyone, especially Obama and Hillary!

I think he's just really poking back at the interviewer.  One thing I noticed of Trump during his rallies and his speeches - he can be a troll when he wants to.  He's trolling the guy.

Edited by betsy

All the executive orders - a lot  of what he'd promised during the election, he'd delivered them right away.  Those orders were not only meant to make his supporters happy. 

He's giving the message to the whole world:  I DO AS I SAY!  That's part of negotiations.  That's psychological.  He's laying the groundwork.....

That's been a sensible method for effective discipline - I did it to daycare.  Kids knew that I mean what I say.  And I follow through.

There's no doubt in my mind, we're seeing the ruthlessness of Trump in negotiations.

2 hours ago, betsy said:

If there's no clear evidence, as a world leader he can't make public accusations.  He's trolling the guy.

He agreed that Putin is a murderer but said that's no big deal and that the U.S. is just as bad. Your gibberish isn't making that any better.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

He agreed that Putin is a murderer but said that's no big deal and that the U.S. is just as bad. Your gibberish isn't making that any better.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I don't want to keep having a back and forth over this.  That's my opinion.

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I don't want to keep having a back and forth over this.  That's my opinion.

I guess that's one way of supporting a guy who claims murder is no big deal. Just pretend you don't understand what he's saying.

3 hours ago, betsy said:

All the executive orders - a lot  of what he'd promised during the election, he'd delivered them right away.  Those orders were not only meant to make his supporters happy.

Sorry, but signing big document in a photo-op is not delivering a single thing. He promised jobs, he promised to make America Great, he delivered squat.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Sorry, but signing big document in a photo-op is not delivering a single thing. He promised jobs, he promised to make America Great, he delivered squat.

Yah after 2 weeks that proves it. Lol how about you wait oh say 4.5 weeks.

38 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I'm not the one making the claim.

What's the nomination for Supreme Court?  Wasn't that a promise?

What about the temporary ban?  Wasn't that a promise?

What about extreme vetting?  Wasn't that a promise?

What about the wall?  Wasn't that a promise? 

What about draining the swamp - most appointees getting booted out (like the CIA director).  Wasn't that a promise?

What about rebuilding the military?  Wasn't that a promise?

What abut pro-life stance - foreign NGO not getting any funding if they perform abortion? Wasn't that a promise?

You don't know what he promised! :lol: Hahahahaha

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, ?Impact said:

He promised jobs, he promised to make America Great, he delivered squat.

:lol:

What do you think he is?  A fairy? With a magic wand? :lol:

LINK TO VIDEO

Hahahahaha :lol:

I better tweet to Trump and show him this! hahahahaha  Hey Mr D. Impact says you delivered squat.  C'mon, do the Bibbidi-bobbidi move! Hahahahaha

6 minutes ago, betsy said:

What's the nomination for Supreme Court?  Wasn't that a promise?

What about the temporary ban?  Wasn't that a promise?

What about extreme vetting?  Wasn't that a promise?

What about the wall?  Wasn't that a promise? 

What about draining the swamp - most appointees getting booted out (like the CIA director).  Wasn't that a promise?

What about rebuilding the military?  Wasn't that a promise?

What abut pro-life stance - foreign NGO not getting any funding if they perform abortion? Wasn't that a promise?

Supreme court - yes he made an appointment, just like the Republicans refused to confirm any Obama appointment for the past year and shirked their responsibility

Temporary ban is a joke, and currently lifted by the courts

Extreme vetting is just rhetoric

What wall, show me the wall

Drain the swamp and fill it with Goldman Sachs alligators

Rebuilding the military, exactly what has he done?

Destroying planned parenthood and increasing the number of abortions due to more pregnancies from lack of access to contraceptives - big fail

Edited by ?Impact

8 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Supreme court - yes he made an appointment, just like the Republicans refused to confirm any Obama appointment for the past year and shirked their responsibility

Temporary ban is a joke, and currently lifted by the courts

Extreme vetting is just rhetoric

What wall, show me the wall

Drain the swamp and fill it with Goldman Sachs alligators

Rebuilding the military, exactly what has he done?

Destroying planned parenthood and increasing the number of abortions due to more pregnancies from lack of access to contraceptives - big fail

I didn't ask you to judge his executive orders!  I'm not interested in your judgement of his executive orders.

You're wrong in saying "he delivered squat."  I'm showing you what promises he's delivered so far!

Add the numoerous investors that are going to invest in the USA!   Yes Impact,  that means JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!

Edited by betsy

17 minutes ago, betsy said:

Actually, during the campaign, when Trump spoke of  "draining the swamp" he was referring to a five-point plan that would have put extreme restrictions on people who use their positions in government to lobby for foreign interests (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/donald-trumps-plan-to-drain-the-swamp/504569/). Once he got in power, he put a bunch of lobbyists in top positions. So don't try to pretend that he kept that promise (although there is always the option to pretend you don't understand the promise).

40 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Actually, during the campaign, when Trump spoke of  "draining the swamp" he was referring to a five-point plan that would have put extreme restrictions on people who use their positions in government to lobby for foreign interests (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/donald-trumps-plan-to-drain-the-swamp/504569/). Once he got in power, he put a bunch of lobbyists in top positions. So don't try to pretend that he kept that promise (although there is always the option to pretend you don't understand the promise).

Well, this is apparently what he meant by draining the swamp.

WASHINGTON — After President-elect Donald J. Trump promised to “drain the swamp” that he sees in the nation’s capital, his millions of supporters are expecting vast changes in the sprawling federal bureaucracy, and conservative activists are drooling at the chance to remake, resize or reduce the reach of government.

Mr. Trump repeatedly told voters during the campaign that he would shut down the Environmental Protection Agency and repeal the Affordable Care Act. He said the Education Department is “massive, and it can be largely eliminated.” He has made the federal work force of 2.8 million employees a target, declaring that “you have tremendous waste, fraud, and abuse.”

The first indication of Mr. Trump’s intentions may come as he appoints members of his cabinet, sending signals about his priorities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/us/politics/trump-government.html?_r=0

His Cabinet picks are all controversial as far as Democrats are concerned.  Most, if not all, are supposed to be in-lined with his vision.

Will he achieve everything he want to do?  I don't know.  You don't know. Wait and see.

Edited by betsy

12 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You don't feel the slightest cognitive dissonance after criticizing Hillary for being aligned with Wall Street?

Hillary's been in politics for decades, compared to Trump's three weeks. 

Hillary's been eye-ball deep with Wall Street for decades!

We'll wait and see.

Edited by betsy