America under President Trump

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

Did he throw out Chinese diplomats?

Before you throw Russian diplomats out of the country (giving them only 72 hours to pack up and leave)......it's only prudent to wait until you have all the details!  The report hasn't even been finalized!

He has the details. He is privy to intelligence reports that Trump refuses to even listen to. The evidence is clear, but some people are so consumed by their partisan love for Trump that they are having a hard time facing reality.

Just now, BubberMiley said:

He will likely remove the sanctions that Obama put in place.

Without a doubt......just like Obama did with Iran and Cuba......did that make Obama a puppet of Iran and Cuba though?

2 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I doubt he will further weaken their petro-based currency

So you don't feel Trump will follow through on his energy policies? Why is that?

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

and if he invests further in the military, he will make sure it supports Putin's agenda. What else would you expect from a puppet?

And what agenda is that? Fighting radical Islam and the Pacific pivot, containing the Chinese..........not exactly a departure from current and past administrations policies? Do you have something more sinister, more befitting of the Puppet meme?

7 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Without a doubt......just like Obama did with Iran and Cuba......did that make Obama a puppet of Iran and Cuba though?

So you don't feel Trump will follow through on his energy policies? Why is that?

Obama wasn't put in place by Iran and Cuba though. I don't feel Trump will follow through on much of anything he said he was going to do, because he has already indicated what he said during the campaign was just said to woo gullible voters. I believe he will do whatever Putin wants, whether that's in the U.S.'s long-term interests or not. You might feel that bending over for a dictator is the best course to world peace, but I think that's being incredibly naïve.

I believe he will do whatever Putin wants,

Such as?

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

You might feel that bending over for a dictator is the best course to world peace, but I think that's being incredibly naïve.

Funny, I think claiming Trump will do "unnamed stuff" for Putin, sans any evidence to support such a belief (or even what Trump will do for Putin) is not only naive, but bordering on paranoia.......like tin-hats and sandwich boards paranoia.

4 hours ago, kimmy said:

I wonder how GM shareholders feel about the orange wonderchief sinking their stock value by tweeting falsehoods about their company?

I'm sure Trump's Canadian fans will continue cheering along when he turns his attention to Ontario-made automobiles entering the US.  Good opportunity to buy housing in Windsor!

-k

Speaking of the economy - in his wildest dreams, Trump couldn't do anymore damage to our economy than Trudeau, (and his sidekick Wynn)! :lol:

More likely, Trump will save our economy more than Trudeau will! 

Just with Trump scaling down on this hoax climate change alone will save us!  Did you see the gas prices today?  That's just the beginning!

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Funny, I think claiming Trump will do "unnamed stuff" for Putin, sans any evidence to support such a belief (or even what Trump will do for Putin) is not only naive, but bordering on paranoia.......like tin-hats and sandwich boards paranoia.

I agree. In this case, however, there is evidence.

If Trump was not involved in Russia's hacking, can you explain why, during the debate when faced with Intelligence sources saying Russia was involved in the hacking, he would try to blame it on anybody but Russia? I can't think of an explanation, other than he is trying to cover for Russia. Even if it were true that they weren't involved, what would be his motive for denying the evidence from the Intelligence sources?

4 hours ago, kimmy said:

I'm sure Trump's Canadian fans will continue cheering along when he turns his attention to Ontario-made automobiles entering the US.  Good opportunity to buy housing in Windsor!

-k

Don't we subsidize General Motors?

GM in line for $200-million in support from Ontario, Ottawa

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/gm-in-line-for-200-million-in-support-from-ontario-ottawa/article32060730/

GOOD RIDDANCE!

It's Canada's Union-fetish, high business taxes, and carbon tax that'll drive businesses out of Canada!

Edited by betsy

12 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Even if it were true that they weren't involved, what would be his motive for denying the evidence from the Intelligence sources?

I don't know that he was receiving Presidential briefs during the campaign, likewise he could have been skeptical of information coming out of the Obama administration and its appointments within US intelligence.......wouldn't be the first to call into question US Intelligence sources, nor the first time US intelligence services involved themselves in politics.

28 minutes ago, betsy said:

Don't we subsidize General Motors?

Your post is a great example of how ignorant people are about the auto industry in North America.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/challenge-2017-nafta-breakup-would-cost-the-auto-industry-billions-but-linamar-ceo-believes-cooler-heads-will-prevail

“The industry has become incredibly interwoven between the three countries, and the thought of trying to pull that apart would result in literally billions of dollars of investment and costs,” Linamar Corp.’s Linda Hasenfratz said. “That, ultimately, is only going to hurt the U.S. consumer and North American competitiveness and, in my opinion, those facts will ultimately drive a decision that we don’t want to disrupt something that’s working really well.”

Although Trump’s rhetoric around NAFTA was clearly geared towards Mexico, any changes to the agreement could also have major implications for Canada and its auto industry, which has been dependent on free trade since the 1965 Canada-U.S. Auto Pact removed tariffs on vehicles and vehicle parts.

4 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

I don't know that he was receiving Presidential briefs during the campaign, likewise he could have been skeptical of information coming out of the Obama administration and its appointments within US intelligence.......wouldn't be the first to call into question US Intelligence sources, nor the first time US intelligence services involved themselves in politics.

How is it "political" to blame Russia? Russia shouldn't be aligned with any U.S. political party. Even seeing it as "political" suggests collusion to me because the typical voter would not have been expected to interpret a charge of Russian interference as a swipe against the GOP.

1 minute ago, BubberMiley said:

How is it "political" to blame Russia? Russia shouldn't be aligned with any U.S. political party. Even seeing it as "political" suggests collusion to me

You answered your own question.......politics........By linking Trump and Russia, the Democrats hoped to further discredit him among swing voters and soft Republicans. Post election, politics yet again. Obama and the Democrats only hope for both maintaining Obama's legacy and regaining the Senate in two years is by dividing the Republicans and further discrediting Donald Trump..........what better way then to fashion a crisis before Trump is even sworn into office.

As I've said, and asked (you), what is Trump going to do that is in the Russians interests, at the bidding of Putin? Saying Trump will do "stuff", in my mind, does not make him a Russian puppet.

6 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

You answered your own question.......politics........By linking Trump and Russia, the Democrats hoped to further discredit him among swing voters and soft Republicans. Post election, politics yet again. Obama and the Democrats only hope for both maintaining Obama's legacy and regaining the Senate in two years is by dividing the Republicans and further discrediting Donald Trump..........what better way then to fashion a crisis before Trump is even sworn into office.

And you think Lindsey Graham and Paul Ryan and John McCain, as well as the whole intelligence community, are all in on this DNC conspiracy? What was it you were saying about tinfoil hats?

That still doesn't answer the question why Trump would deny the possibility of Putin's involvement. Wouldn't it make more sense for Trump to have simply said he would get to the bottom of the allegations against Russia when he's president?

8 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

And you think Lindsey Graham and Paul Ryan and John McCain, as well as the whole intelligence community, are all in on this DNC conspiracy? What was it you were saying about tinfoil hats?

That still doesn't answer the question why Trump would deny the possibility of Putin's involvement. Wouldn't it make more sense for Trump to have simply said he would get to the bottom of the allegations against Russia when he's president?

Lindsey Graham is now a darling of the Left. Hell has frozen over...

Their opinions are formed by the intelligence briefings they receive from the Obama administration..No different then Clinton's then support for the invasion of Iraq....saying the "entire intelligence community" is hyperbole.

3 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

He's said himself that he's yet to see any evidence suggesting that to be the case........oddly enough, he said that the Obama administration officials have also "delayed" his briefing on the very subject until Friday..........

Why would he threaten Russian, sans any evidence, of wrongdoing? That doesn't make sense.......if Wikileaks themselves is saying they received the emails from a Bernie supporter within the DNC, why would Trump take the Democrats/Obama administrations claims on faith?

3 minutes ago, Derek 2.0 said:

Why would he threaten Russian, sans any evidence, of wrongdoing? That doesn't make sense.......if Wikileaks themselves is saying they received the emails from a Bernie supporter within the DNC, why would Trump take the Democrats/Obama administrations claims on faith?

You think Graham is too dumb to see a DNC plot to destroy the GOP? Maybe he is just aware (as you are not) that the Intelligence community is not a political wing of the Obama administration.

But Trump doesn't need to threaten anyone. He just needs to stand for the integrity of his country's electoral system by saying he'll get to the bottom of it. Instead, he denies the integrity of the intelligence community and tries to politicize it.

And Paul Ryan today answered your question about why Assange would lie about who did the hacking. He called him "a sycophant for Russia"---though I guess that just makes Ryan in on the conspiracy too.

If Canada wants to antagonize Putin/Russia while hiding behind the U.S. military....start paying for it.   Obama and Trump have already called Canada and other NATO members out on this.    The U.S. does not rely on Canada to get astronauts to low earth orbit...it relies on Russia.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If Canada wants to antagonize Putin/Russia while hiding behind the U.S. military....start paying for it.   Obama and Trump have already called Canada and other NATO members out on this.    The U.S. does not rely on Canada to get astronauts to low earth orbit...it relies on Russia.

Good point. The SLS is a ways off yet...chairs on the Soyuz are not a given...

1 hour ago, The_Squid said:

Do we, or don't we,  subsidize General Motors?

Yes or no.

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

He has the details. He is privy to intelligence reports that Trump refuses to even listen to. The evidence is clear, but some people are so consumed by their partisan love for Trump that they are having a hard time facing reality.

He didn't treat China the same way he's treating Putin! He's not being diplomatic!  He's being a brat!

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Obama wasn't put in place by Iran and Cuba though. I don't feel Trump will follow through on much of anything he said he was going to do, because he has already indicated what he said during the campaign was just said to woo gullible voters. I believe he will do whatever Putin wants, whether that's in the U.S.'s long-term interests or not. You might feel that bending over for a dictator is the best course to world peace, but I think that's being incredibly naïve.

We'll just have to wait and see, shall we? 

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

Don't forget that there's not a lot of warmth for Trump from those three men you mentioned!

Lindsey Graham voted for the independent Evan McMullin!

Edited by betsy