Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

This mindset is made up of a couple of things, a sense of entitlement blah blah blah...

Much of the mindset is born of the awareness that suffering super-rogues gladly comes with a heavy price. One that makes throwing good money after bad seem even more retarded.

But as you well you know I've said repeatedly that I'm perfectly willing to invest at least as much of our GDP fighting tyranny as our grandparents did. That was 25% last time I looked. You're clamouring for a measly 2% and I'm the cheapskate deadbeat?

Th e US has been forced to take on this role as the worlds policemen, as nobody else has stepped up

The world's top cop is on the take and its depredation enforcement has probably cost the world its future.

Edited by eyeball

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Much of the mindset is born of the awareness that suffering super-rogues gladly comes with a heavy price. One that makes throwing good money after bad seem even more retarded.

But as you well you know I've said repeatedly that I'm perfectly willing to invest at least as much of our GDP fighting tyranny as our grandparents did. That was 25% last time I looked. You're clamouring for a measly 2% and I'm the cheapskate deadbeat?

The world's top cop is on the take and its depredation enforcement has probably cost the world its future.

And yet you and your ilk have not come up with a better solution, your perfectly happy pointing fingers telling everyone else what is wrong with their plan of action....when you sit there with no plan of your own...

Tyranny is being fought globally by the US and the coalition of the willing.... ,24/7 and we ( Canada) sit in our chairs with no plan, to assist the US because it hurts your feelings or it all has to Big industry , time for a wake call our entire existence was built around big industry , it has driven our nation for decades and some how your offended, To f***king bad, here is an idea join the communists they love people who can't decide what side of the line they want to support....

And while we have not supported our military, we have also not support much of anything, like a  international disaster relief force, or how about flying hospitals to provide free medical treatment around the globe, NOPE we sit on our arse and do nothing except point fingers...Ya we like the attention, we crave other nations to give us a pat on the back....we even invented new words to define our lackluster military performance " like we are punching above our weight" we make up for our lack of defense spending by deploying our military to far away nations...because some accountant has said it was a lot cheaper...

25 %, both of us already know we can not even get past 1.5 percent, reaching 25 5 is a wet dream...nobody is going to support that. and while you can paint me as a cheap prick, atleast i'm realistic.

Once again all you can do is point fingers, and do nothing , except chirp, and drink that 2 liter of coke....doing nothing is costing you, your future, get onboard or get the F888 out of the station. 

On 12/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, Army Guy said:

And yet you and your ilk have not come up with a better solution, your perfectly happy pointing fingers telling everyone else what is wrong with their plan of action....when you sit there with no plan of your own...

Tyranny is being fought globally by the US and the coalition of the willing.... ,24/7 and we ( Canada) sit in our chairs with no plan, to assist the US because it hurts your feelings or it all has to Big industry , time for a wake call our entire existence was built around big industry , it has driven our nation for decades and some how your offended, To f***king bad, here is an idea join the communists they love people who can't decide what side of the line they want to support....

And while we have not supported our military, we have also not support much of anything, like a  international disaster relief force, or how about flying hospitals to provide free medical treatment around the globe, NOPE we sit on our arse and do nothing except point fingers...Ya we like the attention, we crave other nations to give us a pat on the back....we even invented new words to define our lackluster military performance " like we are punching above our weight" we make up for our lack of defense spending by deploying our military to far away nations...because some accountant has said it was a lot cheaper...

25 %, both of us already know we can not even get past 1.5 percent, reaching 25 5 is a wet dream...nobody is going to support that. and while you can paint me as a cheap prick, atleast i'm realistic.

Once again all you can do is point fingers, and do nothing , except chirp, and drink that 2 liter of coke....doing nothing is costing you, your future, get onboard or get the F888 out of the station. 

That is successive fault of all our elected reps since ww2 not Eye to be fair. His generation inherits what it does as ours do.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:43 AM, eyeball said:

/facepalm

Even we're selling weapons to dictators you fricken' moron.

Someone asked in another thread about the UN. They might ask how all its security council members and Canada depend on selling military products as the no.1 economic activity. All nations chose that path since ww2 ignoring Eisenhower,s warning. Our military and foreign policies require international unity  but we have no inspiring leaders or unifying threats so we engage in self interested policies often reflecting corrupt networks of power. So this issue is a sub symptom of it one could argue. I doubt Trudeau hasxanything to offer world unity and neither does Trump one of many isolationist ugly Americans who have no clue as to any culture other than their own materialist pursuits.

Edited by Rue

In order to have a viable military, we need conscription and a massive spending increase. Warships, aircraft, and tanks cost money. We would need sufficient nuclear clout to deter any and all opponents. Try getting the electorate to buy into that. Anything less than a military capable of destroying all comers is not a viable Defence policy and is a complete waste of money and resourses.

The only nation who could logistically  invade Canada is the United States. That is a remote possibility. Many people have concerns about President Trump but it is unlikely he would consider invading Canada.

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

In order to have a viable military, we need conscription and a massive spending increase. Warships, aircraft, and tanks cost money. We would need sufficient nuclear clout to deter any and all opponents. Try getting the electorate to buy into that. Anything less than a military capable of destroying all comers is not a viable Defence policy and is a complete waste of money and resourses.

The only nation who could logistically  invade Canada is the United States. That is a remote possibility. Many people have concerns about President Trump but it is unlikely he would consider invading Canada.

I think we just need to make sure we have state of the art equipment that doesn’t put our soldiers at a disadvantage and we should focus on what is essential for our defence and participation in NATO missions.  We need to spend 2% of GDP on military right away, as that’s our NATO target.  I do think in peace time our military should be partly employed in development work in poor communities and on depressed reserves, helping to rebuild infrastructure and train local workforces.  It could be a kind of Habitat for Humanity/Royal Engineers/Peace Corps.  It can also be deployed overseas in times of natural disaster providing desalination/clean water and shelter.  Such a force would receive support from the left and more support from the public generally.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 12/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, Rue said:

we have no inspiring leaders

Inspire yourself if that's what you need.

On 12/29/2019 at 6:49 PM, Rue said:

or unifying threats

Oh there are unifying threats, but some people refuse to accept they aren't invincible and might have to actually fight one day to survive.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:30 PM, Queenmandy85 said:

Conscription is never a good idea, and should be used only as a last resort, it's problems far out way it's benefits, many countries that have used conscription have went back to a volunteer Army like Germany etc.. Israel uses it to get effect because they are always at a high level of readiness, that and most of the citizens sees serving as a source of pride.. 

Nuclear wpns require vast amounts to produce,  maintain and update, far more than a conventional army would ever cost, besides we already next door to the worlds largest nuclear wpns holder in the world...they hold enough to wipe out the human race 5 times over....Having them here in Canada is not going to give you anything of value, that the US could not already do, Now being part of the North America BMD project would give us a lot more value a limited defense against incoming nukes. 

Canada does not have to have a military that destroys all comers, But we should be able to mount a credible defense of the nation until our allies can arrive, todays military fails that standard miserable...on top of all that we have signed on to some huge defense agreements, such as NORAD, which the US pays for 90 % of, NATO which today we might be able to send a brigade size force for a limited time, NOTE a brigade is one of  the smallest land formations approx. 5 to 7000 troops...thats sad really for a nation that once supplied 5 fighting  divisions to WWII plus 3 divisions for home defense... It is these agreements that we would need a very modern military force for. not many PM's have resisted the temptation to use it's armed forces for some reason or another over seas... trying to build up that legacy image that is written in the history books. That is the real reason to build an army with modern equipment so they have a fighting chance to come home...

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:40 PM, Marocc said:

Inspire yourself if that's what you need.

Oh there are unifying threats, but some people refuse to accept they aren't invincible and might have to actually fight one day to survive.

You might want to save the above response for the extremist Muslim fundamentalists you support in Iran and elsewhere. Ironic.

The West is a culture  right now gripped by the political correctness of apology. guilt and self interest.  On the other hand we have Eastern Islamic extremism  produces hysterical bearded baboons chanting and screaming and blowing things up in fits of penis size anxiety to match those of Putin and Trump.

The kind of  inspiration I talk about you have no clue about. It comes from every day people as well as people  like Martin Luther King Jr., Robert Kennedy, Churchill, Eisenhower, Truman, Eleanor Roosevelt, Konrad Adenhauer, Sadat, Rabin, Sir Arthur Currie, Maj. Gen. Bert Hofmeister, no one you would know.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rue said:

The West is a culture  right now gripped by the political correctness of apology. guilt and self interest.

Self-interest and guilt is certainly part if it but the West is deeply divided and discombobulated because it cannot face just how singularly destructive one stupid decision by one very very stupid President in 1953 was.  It's like a family with a dark past of sexual and violent abuse that goes unaddressed. The only way out is truth, reconciliation apology and then reparation.

Yeah, we're in a very deep grip alright.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Self-interest and guilt is certainly part if it but the West is deeply divided and discombobulated because it cannot face just how singularly destructive one stupid decision by one very very stupid President in 1953 was.  It's like a family with a dark past of sexual and violent abuse that goes unaddressed. The only way out is truth, reconciliation apology and then reparation.

Yeah, we're in a very deep grip alright.

Let's not exaggerate. The west is bigger than US. (it is part of the problem that the US doesn't always acknowledge that)

5 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Let's not exaggerate. The west is bigger than US. (it is part of the problem that the US doesn't always acknowledge that)

Doesn't matter...the collective Canadian psyche is dominated by a FEAR of U.S. administrations and policy decisions/actions, because it feels powerless to not only stop them, but to prevent complicit Canadian involvement.

21 hours ago, Rue said:

You might want to save the above response for the

I can repeat it again if it becomes useful.

21 hours ago, Rue said:

The West is a culture  right now gripped by the political correctness of apology. guilt and self interest.

I don't see it.

Consider using appropriate language. If you speak the truth, you don't have to exaggerate or use vile or shameful language.

21 hours ago, Rue said:

The kind of  inspiration I talk about you have no clue about.

It doesn't matter what type it is. There are not many easier ways to waste one's life but by 'waiting for inspiration'.

21 hours ago, Rue said:

no one you would know

:blink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marocc said:

Exaggerate what?

Some people regard the US overthrow of Iran's government in 1953 as being the first of the dots that connect to 9/11.

It was the first US covert overthrow of another nation's government during peacetime and it's success irrevocably changed the US for the worst by giving it the sense that interfering in other countries and inflicting dictators on other people was acceptable behaviour.

Rinse and repeat and here we are.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

Again your analysis provides a very simplistic source for complex problems, a scapegoat to avoid your own individual responsibility and then an exercise in denial and exit from your feelings of guilt. In a nutshell you recycled a belief system to absolve yourself. Been there done that.

In reality a very complex set  of cause and effects led up to and continued long after the President you point a finger at made any decisions about anything. To suggest he alone is the source of a phenomena that has been evolving since homo sapiens began is absurd. There is no easy to understand figure. You may as well call that President Satan.

The  simplistic formula of absolution you came up with it reminds me of serial killers in prison saying Jesus forgave them.

What you call truth, reconciliation and apology is what guilt ridden people think can cleanse their souls..oh I am so sorry, some tears, a  couple of prayers and some money. Been there done that with the crying jackass Prime Minister of Canada and so many other Liberal guilt types..

You don`t get it. You can`t wash the crap off your hands once you touch it. It is your destiny. Its now part of you and no amount of obsessive compulsive hand scrubs will make it go away. 

Pîck up a brush and scrub some blood off the walls. Crying won`t get the blood off the walls.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

It was the first US covert overthrow of another nation's government during peacetime and it's success irrevocably changed the US for the worst by giving it the sense that interfering in other countries and inflicting dictators on other people was acceptable behaviour.

False....the United States overtly and covertly toppled several governments long before 1953....and yet there has been no resulting "jihad".   What there has been is millions upon millions of emigres from around the world, including Iranians.

4 hours ago, Rue said:

Again your analysis provides a very simplistic source for complex problems, a scapegoat to avoid your own individual responsibility and then an exercise in denial and exit from your feelings of guilt. In a nutshell you recycled a belief system to absolve yourself. Been there done that.

In reality a very complex set  of cause and effects led up to and continued long after the President you point a finger at made any decisions about anything. To suggest he alone is the source of a phenomena that has been evolving since homo sapiens began is absurd. There is no easy to understand figure. You may as well call that President Satan.

The  simplistic formula of absolution you came up with it reminds me of serial killers in prison saying Jesus forgave them.

Your rambling response reminds me of why physicists eschew long complicated answers that keep pointing towards infinity - a good indication they're on the the wrong track.

In the meantime simpler straightforward solutions tend to be correct.

“One of the lessons of the long Cold War was that short-term gains in cooperating with the most repressive and brutal governments were too often outweighed by long-term setbacks for America’s stature and interests.”

“America’s policy choices”, it adds, “have consequences.”

The 9/11 Commission

Truman must have sensed that illegally and covertly toppling a democratically elected government and replacing it with a dictator was a bad idea, especially during peacetime. Eisenhower OTOH thought differently.

As I've said before the success of Operation Ajax emboldened the CIA in particular and the US in general and gave them the idea that doing this sort of thing was okay and acceptable and it set them on the path towards cooperating and propping up other repressive brutal governments in the ME region and the aforementioned consequences that finally blew back in their faces. It didn't stop there of course as the response to 9/11 seamlessly and directly became the root cause of the shit storm we're engulfed in now.

This is a very simple, clear line of dots that connect together very easily and without resorting to the sort of deflective ideological / psycho-babble and reffences to Satan you try to explain things with.

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...and you flunked history.

I dropped out actually. Good thing to judging by the results of official school curriculum on you.

Still can't come up with a good Shining example of the US siccing a dictator on a democracy anywhere can you? 

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I dropped out actually. Good thing to judging by the results of official school curriculum on you.

Still can't come up with a good Shining example of the US siccing a dictator on a democracy anywhere can you? 

I thought so....no understanding of earlier U.S. regime change in the Americas (e.g. Mexico, Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc.)

If you had staid in school, you would have learned that a lot happened in the world before 1953.