Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

What also mattered were international laws and conventions intended to dial back the savagery of the past and usher in a more civilized future.

Yes agreed, and the UNSC and UN were utter failures in many regards unfortunately, it's impossible to have powerful nations like the US and USSR follow international law when there is no capable punishment mechanism.  UN is better than nothing though, at least it brings nations to the table.

11 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes agreed, and the UNSC and UN were utter failures in many regards unfortunately, it's impossible to have powerful nations like the US and USSR follow international law when there is no capable punishment mechanism.  UN is better than nothing though, at least it brings nations to the table.

It's worse than nothing if all it does is create false hope in the face of the impossible.

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

I think there's a happy balance between the 2.

I think the edge is too fine and it takes so much attention and energy to simply get there that you can't actually do anything once you are.

It's clearly a very unhappy place.  It's just rolly-eyes and LMAO's every which way you look. It's depressing as all hell.

54 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I think the edge is too fine and it takes so much attention and energy to simply get there that you can't actually do anything once you are.

It's clearly a very unhappy place.  It's just rolly-eyes and LMAO's every which way you look. It's depressing as all hell.

Huh??

So far as long as Iran crisis is concerned Trump has shown courage and honesty supporting the weak and the defenseless (the Iranian people who have risen against their murderous brutal regime) not the one in power and do not make a deal with the devil. These are admirable qualities rarely seen in a US president.

This is something that none of previous US Presidents have done, It was Eisenhower (burn in Hell) who stage a shameful military coup in Iran in 1953 which led to 1979 clerical coup and a disaster for Iran nation in both occasions or a peanut brain Carter who ceased supporting the Shah and started dealing with the mullahs and he paid the price for dealing with the devil or the coward spineless Obama who did nothing in 2009 and said nothing when Iran nation rose up and the regime brutally ended the uprising with many murdered.  He is not mistake free he did a big mistake for threatening to attack Iran cultural sites which only serves the mullahs but he soon corrected that mistake and Iran nation appreciates and remembers President Trump support at the time of need when most of other leaders including that of EU are prostituting themselves to mullahs.

I admire Trump for these qualities. Canada has nothing to fear from an honest courageous man,

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

President Trump has acted in an honorable and courageous manner so far as foreign politics is concern.

The attached articles is a new revelation that Trump warn Europeans to stop prostituting themselves to the murderous mullahs who have put the security of the whole world in particular the region in serious jeopardy or he will impose 25% tariff on European autos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/days-before-europeans-warned-iran-of-nuclear-deal-violations-trump-secretly-threatened-to-impose-25percent-tariff-on-european-autos-if-they-didnt/2020/01/15/0a3ea8ce-37a9-11ea-a01d-b7cc8ec1a85d_story.html

Europeans acted a few days later and ask UN to act. 

It is appalling to say the least that for so many years Western democracy (Europeans and US during Obama) have been begging the mullahs for a deal they could never get and putting blind eyes on atrocities this regime has committed and is committing against its own people and the region. I am glad President Trump is now the President to have the balls to stand up against Europeans.

Canada has nothing to fear from Trump. He is a man of honor and courage.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Yes might makes right covertly...everyone gets that but... 

48 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

He is a man of honor and courage.

Not so fast there, a truly courageous honourable right-wing leader of the capitalist free hegemon would come clean and explain why this is now official policy.

Seems like such a small final step to take but where is it and why are you guys so afraid of taking it?

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not so fast there, a truly courageous honourable right-wing leader of the capitalist free hegemon would come clean and explain why this is now official policy.

Seems like such a small final step to take but where is it and why are you guys so afraid of taking it?

Can you write your comments and questions in clear English? Come clean about what? What is official policy now?  We are afraid of taking what? 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Can you write your comments and questions in clear English? Come clean about what? What is official policy now?  We are afraid of taking what? 

I'm sorry, but what don't you understand?  You're afraid of clearing and unambiguously making Might Makes Right the official US foreign hegemon policy in clear English.

Official policy right now is still so steeped in diplomatically and politically correct flakiness it's hilarious.

Edited by eyeball

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Canada has nothing to fear from Trump. He is a man of honor and courage.

Nevertheless, many Canadians do FEAR Trump and hate him at an emotional level.  Maybe they can't handle the abrupt turnabout from Obama, whom they love, despite his own controversial policies.    Canadians are more obsessed with Trump than are Mexicans.

The U.S. in one word: Canadians say ‘Trump,’ Mexicans point to ‘money’ and ‘work’

Canadians and Mexicans give different answers when they are asked for the first word that comes to mind when thinking about the United States. President Donald Trump’s name is by far the most frequently mentioned word among Canadians, followed by a range of primarily negative descriptors. Mexicans mention Trump, too, but more often cite words related to economics,

ft_2020.04.06_USoneword_01.png?resize=42

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/04/06/the-u-s-in-one-word-canadians-say-trump-mexicans-point-to-money-and-work/

On 4/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nevertheless, many Canadians do FEAR Trump and hate him at an emotional level.  Maybe they can't handle the abrupt turnabout from Obama, whom they love, despite his own controversial policies.    Canadians are more obsessed with Trump than are Mexicans.

Can Canada have Trump, and we will give America comrade Trudeau? A great deal for America indeed, eh? ;)

• Confused 1

Canadians fear Trump bigtime. This is something that could have come from Captain Obvious. President Trump has the power to crush us at any time and there is nothing anyone can do about it. "Hate," there is no justification for hate, but concern, yes. He is unlikely to ever do anything to Canada aside from some trade sanctions, but he has shown a tendency towards unpredictability and dosen't follow the norms of international diplomacy.

It is ironic that the President of the United States is often called the "Leader of the Free World," but most people in the Free World don't get to vote. When it was our Head of State who was the "Leader of the Free World," many Americans called it tyranny. Just a silly observation on my part. If we actually had reason to fear President Trump, I am confident Bush-Cheney would warn us.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:38 PM, taxme said:

Can Canada have Trump, and we will give America comrade Trudeau? A great deal for America indeed, eh? ;)

Right now, President Trump is a Head of State. I can't see him taking a demotion to being just Head of Government. It would be fun to watch some Americans squirm to wake up some morning to President Trudeau...but we would never do that to our best friends.

Edited by Queenmandy85

42 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Canadians fear Trump bigtime. This is something that could have come from Captain Obvious. President Trump has the power to crush us at any time and there is nothing anyone can do about it. "Hate," there is no justification for hate, but concern, yes. He is unlikely to ever do anything to Canada aside from some trade sanctions, but he has shown a tendency towards unpredictability and dosen't follow the norms of international diplomacy.

Indeed, but this is true of any American president.  Perhaps it is the modern availability of mainstream and social media that amplifies Canadian anxiety and fears about Trump, as this was less so when previous presidents and their decisions were "existential threats" to Canada.    I agree that Trump does not follow previous norms, which is partially why he was elected in the first place...to "break things" and dismantle previous norms.   This is the exact opposite of Canadian domestic and foreign policy which relies on multilateralism and "post WW2 order". 

George W. Bush was "hated" by Canada as well, but not to the depth of personal animus expressed about Donald Trump.   Trump purposely knows how to bait his political enemies on the American left, and many (but not all) Canadians have flipped out too.   In reality, Trump is just another U.S. president that will be replaced just like all the rest before him.   

It is ironic that the President of the United States is often called the "Leader of the Free World," but most people in the Free World don't get to vote. When it was our Head of State who was the "Leader of the Free World," many Americans called it tyranny. Just a silly observation on my part. If we actually had reason to fear President Trump, I am confident Bush-Cheney would warn us.

Not silly at all...and actually backed up by poll data in Canada during the 2008 U.S. presidential election, wherein 15% of polled Canadians would have given up their vote in Canadian elections to be able to vote for candidate Barack Obama in America.   This supports the idea that some Canadians are heavily invested into U.S. politics and election outcomes with concern over having little say in matters "because it affects us" (real or imagined).   

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Right now, President Trump is a Head of State. I can't see him taking a demotion to being just Head of Government. It would be fun to watch some Americans squirm to wake up some morning to President Trudeau...but we would never do that to our best friends.

Thanks, and please keep Trudeau in Canada where his damage can be limited and accepted with the "natural ruling party".    Trudeau has his own baggage and missteps while in office, but he is mostly harmless on the international stage.   I agree that Trump would never accept less than being top dog, as what he achieved in the 2016 election is a far more difficult thing to do.     

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

George W. Bush was "hated" by Canada as well, but not to the depth of personal animus expressed about Donald Trump.

My favourite George Bush quote came a short while after President Trump was inaguarated. "I'm not looking son bad now." or words to that effect. Like so many politicians, President Bush has really grown in my view. Senator Barry Goldwater is another. Why don't we get to know the good side of people while they are still in office? Yah, I know-  media.:unsure:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

My favourite George Bush quote came a short while after President Trump was inaguarated. "I'm not looking son bad now." or words to that effect. Like so many politicians, President Bush has really grown in my view. Senator Barry Goldwater is another. Why don't we get to know the good side of people while they are still in office? Yah, I know-  media.:unsure:

Yes....after Obama was elected, some conservative U.S. groups posted billboards that ask about Bush, "Do you miss me yet ? "

My experience here and with other Canadian media is that those who take the longer view of U.S. presidential history/politics and don't fall for the populist bait are able to have a more balanced view and perspective sans emotional "hate".    Trump is certainly and purposely a rude and crude bastard, but his domestic and international policies should be compared to those of his predecessors, where there are always successes and failures.

There are history books written that only have a president's last name or popular media initials as their titles (JFK, LBJ, NIxon, etc.), and Trump will have his too.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I would just to get rid of our hoofus-goofus so we could get a guy like Trump to be the PM of Canada. Let the Americans see what we Canadians have had to put up with for the past five years. But I am pretty sure that after the Americans have had our dear comrade leader Trudeau as their head of state for one year they will want their Trump back like now. Sadly, Trudeau would probably end up back in Canada again no doubt by crossing into Canada as an illegal and shouting asylum. Wouldn't that be so sad a thing to happen for Canadians, eh? ;)