Canadians FEAR Trump...Big Time

20 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Begging...as in she was actually pleading on her knees in a markedly plaintive voice or just as if she was...in your mind?

Please get a grip.

Yes..."begging"...because Freeland delivered her plaintive pleas in a speech to the HoC in Canada, where there was no need to do so and the precedent had been to heep more scorn than praise for American policies, if only to feed domestic politics as before.

Ditto on NAFTA 2.0....more pleas to Trump to release the full-Nelson tariffs never should be directed at "allies".

Then Trudeau had to ask Trump for permission to buy clapped-out Aussie F/A-18's....completing the begging hat trick.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes..."begging"...because Freeland delivered her plaintive pleas in a speech to the HoC in Canada, where there was no need to do so and the precedent had been to heep more scorn than praise for American policies, if only to feed domestic politics as before.

Ditto on NAFTA 2.0....more pleas to Trump to release the full-Nelson tariffs never should be directed at "allies".

Then Trudeau had to ask Trump for permission to buy clapped-out Aussie F/A-18's....completing the begging hat trick.

Only reason we had to "ask for permission" is  because the aussie dont want anymore american made flying trash cans.  Trump kept pushing for canada to spend more, so we extended the olive branch.  But then along came boeing and trump:

But last year Boeing complained to the U.S. Commerce Department that Canadian subsidies for Quebec-based Bombardier allowed it to sell its C-series civilian passenger aircraft in the U.S. at cut-rate prices. As a result, the Trump administration brought in a tariff of almost 300 per cent against the Bombardier aircraft sold in the U.S.

In retaliation, Canada cancelled the deal to buy the Super Hornets. That project would have cost more than US$5 billion.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/u-s-approves-canadas-purchase-of-used-australia-fighter-jets-deal-to-be-completed-by-end-of-year/amp

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Only reason we had to "ask for permission" is  because the aussie dont want anymore american made flying trash cans.  Trump kept pushing for canada to spend more, so we extended the olive branch.  But then along came boeing and trump:

Doesn't matter...even to thumb his nose at Trump, Trudeau had to ask for Trump's expressed FMS permission to do so, as the Aussie F/A-18s were built in the United States.    Trudeau wanted to "whip out" more F-18s, but he needed Trump to do so....LOL !

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter...even to thumb his nose at Trump, Trudeau had to ask for Trump's expressed FMS permission to do so, as the Aussie F/A-18s were built in the United States.    Trudeau wanted to "whip out" more F-18s, but he needed Trump to do so....LOL !

The Liberal government originally announced it would buy 18 used Australian F-18 jets to augment the Royal Canadian Air Force’s CF-18s until new aircraft can be purchased in the coming years.  But it has added seven more used Australian F-18 aircraft to the deal.

Those extra aircraft will be stripped down for parts or used for testing.

Like I said, flying trash cans.  But dont worry, our engineers will fix your mistakes and teach you to correct them, probably for just a small fee.  ;)

So LOL !

Just now, Cannucklehead said:

The Liberal government originally announced it would buy 18 used Australian F-18 jets to augment the Royal Canadian Air Force’s CF-18s until new aircraft can be purchased in the coming years.  But it has added seven more used Australian F-18 aircraft to the deal.

Those extra aircraft will be stripped down for parts or used for testing.

Canada won't be buying F-18 jack from Australia without Trump's permission, and it also can't buy new Super Hornets without his permission as well.

Airbus will build the C-series in...wait for it...ALABAMA  !!!!!

• Haha 1

Canada won't be buying F-18 jack from Australia without Trump's permission, and it also can't buy new Super Hornets without his permission as well.

Airbus will build the C-series in...wait for it...ALABAMA  !!!!!

European company.  I bet trump loves them.  :lol:

Oh my they are building in China as well!  :o

Edited by Cannucklehead

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

European company.  I bet trump loves them.  :lol:

Oh my they are building in China as well!  :o

Airbus has to build them in the U.S. or face crushing tariffs from Trump.

Boeing was in China long before Airbus.    LOL....LOL...LOL  (emoji)  (emoji)   (emoji)

50 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not just a grip but a vise grip.

Hey, you guys forgot the best Trump move of all...getting Canada to arrest Meng for Obama era sanctions violations and bank fraud.

That caused a heap of trouble with China, eh ?   Really pissed them off.

God, what else can this bastard American president do to Canada ?     Do you miss George W. Bush ?

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No doubt your's were made in China just like mine.

Like c-diff does I guess. Or as if as you might put it.

Wrong again...all mine were made long ago in DeWitt, Nebraska before the plant was moved to China in 2008...and returned to Nebraska last year.

Don't confuse generic locking pliers with brand name Vise-Grips® by Malco.

Trump has caused several American manufacturers to return home....Canada is afraid of that too.

That's the irony of it all....Canada wants the old USA back...before Trump, even though it was just as hostile at many levels.

Right-wing Canadians sure but who cares what they think?  It's probably the old hostility they miss the most.

Edited by eyeball

Just now, eyeball said:

Conservative Canadians do but who cares what they think?

Not just Conservatives....the lefties and tree huggers want it too for climate change, human rights, abortions, open borders, etc.

That's the FEAR....the U.S. can really go rogue and Canada has no back-up plan.

14 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not just Conservatives....the lefties and tree huggers want it too for climate change, human rights, abortions, open borders, etc.

No, you can keep Al Gore too.

That's the FEAR....the U.S. can really go rogue and Canada has no back-up plan.

There's no fear just a disgusted fascination - no one wants to get any on them but they have to keep looking to avoid it.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, eyeball said:

It is on the other hand all about you.

Exported you mean....routinely...to the entire universe...whether anyone wants it or not. It's no wonder a little slopped over into Canada.  We have all sorts of people, mostly right-wing, happy to lap this shit up like it was mother's milk.

And of course you really don't believe this shit yourself. That's a good one.

I am not left wing and I totally agree with you on Trump and I love skim milk. I was never breast fed and never wanted my mother's breast milk. The only thing I suck on/with is being polite. 

In further to response to my comrade Bush-Chaney's comments about us "fearing" Trump  up until now I would have said many of us do not fear him but loath him a huge difference.

However the demented letter he sent to Pelosi is a very very disturbing red flag. It should raise fear that a man like this is behaving so emotionally out of control and no one is able to control him. This is  not the man I want with his fingers on weapons that could blow up the world. He is right out of a Dr. Strangelove scenario.

Regards,

Peter Sellers

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Rue said:

In further to response to my comrade Bush-Chaney's comments about us "fearing" Trump  up until now I would have said many of us do not fear him but loath him a huge difference.

That's just gravy, and I agree that Trump has easily stoked the pre-existing anti-American hatred by some Canadians to a new level.   Some Canadians have been bitching about the USA for generations as national sport...Trump just gives them more to bitch about and enjoys doing it.

However the demented letter he sent to Pelosi is a very very disturbing red flag. It should raise fear that a man like this is behaving so emotionally out of control and no one is able to control him. This is  not the man I want with his fingers on weapons that could blow up the world. He is right out of a Dr. Strangelove scenario.

Dr. Strangelove is/was Hollywood....JFK and Reagan came far closer to this than anything Trump could do even if he wanted to.

Welcome to the...FEAR !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's just gravy, and I agree that Trump has easily stoked the pre-existing anti-American hatred by some Canadians to a new level.   Some Canadians have been bitching about the USA for generations as national sport...Trump just gives them more to bitch about and enjoys doing it.

Dr. Strangelove is/was Hollywood....JFK and Reagan came far closer to this than anything Trump could do even if he wanted to.

Welcome to the...FEAR !

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/health/2019/12/18/1_4735050.html

Lol I am shaking in my boots.  

See how trump comes crawling to Canada?  :P

Edited by Cannucklehead

On 12/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, Cannucklehead said:

But last year Boeing complained to the U.S. Commerce Department that Canadian subsidies for Quebec-based Bombardier allowed it to sell its C-series civilian passenger aircraft in the U.S. at cut-rate prices. As a result, the Trump administration brought in a tariff of almost 300 per cent against the Bombardier aircraft sold in the U.S.

In retaliation, Canada cancelled the deal to buy the Super Hornets. That project would have cost more than US$5 billion.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/u-s-approves-canadas-purchase-of-used-australia-fighter-jets-deal-to-be-completed-by-end-of-year/amp

We had to ASK permission because Boeing is a US company and has complete ownership of the tech and all the rights that go with it....as part of the contract we agreed we would seek permission to sell or buy any American made aircraft or tech... As we as a nation do not build military aircraft.. worth mentioning any ways. 

This is another example why politics should be taken out of purchasing for any government dept,  5 bil for 18 to 24 aircraft is one expensive deal....that and the fact the liberals have been promising to fix our procurement sys since 2015, until they do, we are not buying shit, DND has already returned 8 bil dollars unspent for procurements already....

As for flying trash cans the Aussies have already purchases F-18 E & F models as interim fighters,  until all their F-35 are delivered....and yet we are left with purchasing another nations 2 and hand crap .. because we are retarded when it comes to our military.... or more to the point we are to cheap to spend our dollars on things that matter in this country....

All of this is due to our own citizens mind set , with out the peoples support our military will always be the cheapest solution.... 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, godzilla said:

the argument was implicit... that Trump has very little intellect in place. if i expand the argument that Trumps intellect is suspect then can it be moved or can i repost it?

"Trump has very little intellect in place"? WTH? With what you just said shows me that you have very little intellect. Trump is a billionaire and Trump owns tons of property. For a guy who is supposed to have no intellect, Trump has sure done pretty good for a guy who has no intellect IMHO. I personally find that most Canadians lack any intellect. While Canadians own government steals from them every day, and gives them more government, and tries to take away more freedom, they appear to careless about it, which shows me that they pretty much have no intelligence at all. They appear to be more like a a bunch of Joe and Mary six pack fools and idiots.

And to top it off, there are so many stunned Canadians out there who truly do believe what that "how dare you" Greta Thornburg little brat has to say. When it comes to my freedom and taxes, I would prefer to have Trump control those two for me, rather than the a bunch of loser leftist liberal Canadians out there. I would never trust my freedom with Canadians any longer. They appear to always want to fight for the wrong things all the time. They have become too dumb downed for my liking anymore. Just saying. ;)

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, Rue said:

I am not left wing and I totally agree with you on Trump and I love skim milk. I was never breast fed and never wanted my mother's breast milk. The only thing I suck on/with is being polite. 

Regards,

Peter Sellers

So, you do now admit that you are a "comrade", eh? I knew that there was something about you that I did not like, and now I know why that is. Now that I know, and why I constantly get called the names that I always get labeled with by you. It's quite obviously that communists hate people who call themselves white patriotic nationalist conservatives and who are always on the communist hit list for name calling. Thanks for finally letting me know as to who you really are and where your political leanings lie. ;)  

On 12/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, Army Guy said:

All of this is due to our own citizens mind set... 

I bet much of this mindset is due to an awareness that the biggest threat to our well being and world peace is to have aggressive allies whose policies and actions do little more than make things worse while provoking retaliation and military aggressiveness in turn.  I think any Canadian who agrees with our allies calling us deadbeats is a toady of the worst kind.

This mindset is made up of a couple of things, a sense of entitlement, we have lived so long under the American defense umbrella that we now demand the coverage for free, and feel slighted when they ask us to step up and pay for some of our own defense cost, or to pay an equal share in our defense agreements...Twofaced once again we are delighted they are paying for our defense freeing up bils to be spent on luxury policies and tax breaks...but ever chance we get we stab them in the back and making it a national past time that we are proud of...we are cry babies , we want a seat at the grown ups table, but our actions tell the world we are not ready for pants just yet, we will always be at the kids table....G-8 nation or not...

You and a good majority of Canadians will be finger pointers your entire life telling everyone what is wrong with this world, and how to correct it. and you'll do that from sitting in front of your computer eating Cheeto's with a 2 liter bottle of coke...all talk no action. And those Canadians that are willing to step up because they are embarrassed and can't sit there and do nothing  are quickly deemed to be on far right , and are to be shouted down like dogs. Because paying ones way is not a Canadian value, and should be considered extreme at all costs...we can't pay 2 % o GDP for defense, Can't pay out indigenous claims for land or abuse as children, can't pay for climate change, can't pay out our wounded vets , can't bring home 2 men stuck in China...the list is to long to spell out everything...we are a nation of cant's.     

Th e US has been forced to take on this role as the worlds policemen, as nobody else has stepped up , forced to use mostly their own tax dollars to maintain a force structure that is capable of doing the job not just within their own borders, but through out the entire world. You and many Canadians may not like it , but here we sit unable or unwilling to either help or come up with another solution. You and those like you  are a nothing more than a dead beats, welfare abusers, that drag the rest of the country down to the depths of the left... you sir deserve a round of applause , "stand up take a bow", your the tool of the day... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1