What Are The Most Credible Investigative News Sources In Canada?

That's funny because mental health professionals don't call transgender people mentally ill anymore, yet you insist that they are as though it's a fact.

That is actually a perfect example of left-wing bias on display in academia. Reality doesn't fit the "progressive" narrative, so they just change the definition to suit the agenda.

That's funny because mental health professionals don't call transgender people mentally ill anymore, yet you insist that they are as though it's a fact.

From the DSM-5 http://www.ifge.org/?q=DSM-5/Sexual_and_Gender_Identity_Disorders

APA DSM-5 Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders

Gender Identity Disorders

302.6 Gender Identity Disorder in Children

302.85 Gender Identity Disorder in Adolescents or Adults

302.6 Gender Identity Disorder Not Otherwise Specified

People can play games with words and replace 'disorder' with 'disphoria' but it means the same thing.

The bottom line is no mentally healthy person would seek radical surgery to deal with a problem in their mind.

No amount of politically correct nonsense can change that.

Edited by TimG

From the DSM-5 http://www.ifge.org/?q=DSM-5/Sexual_and_Gender_Identity_Disorders

People can play games with words and replace 'disorder' with 'disphoria' but it means the same thing.

The bottom line is no mentally healthy person would seek radical surgery to deal with a problem in their mind.

No amount of politically correct nonsense can change that.

Get back to me when you actually read your link.

Right, no bias from you whatsoever. Mental health professionals recommend changes to the wording, very important changes that speak to a better understanding of the issue, and to you that's just politically correct pandering. Because that's what doctors do. They pander.

Anyway, you're making my point for me. Bias to you is whatever doesn't agree with your worldview. If it's not issues involving transgender people, it's your radical climate denial to which you claim the scientists are just biased and whitewashing the data. You'll have to forgive me for choking on my coffee when you get all high and mighty about bias.

Mental health professionals recommend changes to the wording, very important changes that speak to a better understanding of the issue, and to you that's just politically correct pandering. Because that's what doctors do. They pander.

In this case they do. The change was driven entirely by activists who complained about being labelled as mentally ill. Doctors obliged as much as they could but felt that it still had to be in the DCM because a diagnosis is necessary for people to access treatment. The change from disorder to disphoria is no different than the change from 'crippled' to 'disabled' to 'whatever PC name they have now'. None of this changes the fact that people who are mentally healthy don't need psychiatric help.

Anyway, you're making my point for me.

You are making my point for me. You have no evidence that my description of the process is wrong. You simply insist that it is wrong because, in your opinion, doctors don't pander. You then use your *opinion* to assert I am denying reality. I could not have found a better example of how left wing thinkers confuse their opinions with facts. Edited by TimG

I said it had a left wing bias.

The only bias in the above is the biased towards the truth.

Your reaction and responses is yet another low-browed auto-dismissal of any source that pokes the bubble of the talking points. Stop with the "the media is after us" victim card and allow your brain to be challenged.

The only bias in the above is the biased towards the truth.

You posted 10 links and you pick one. Why don't we go through each one and look at the blatant left wing bias in each? Take the breathless praise of the 'affordable housing plan' which would reward a small number of people with government subsidized housing paid for with punitive taxes on the rest.

I find it amazing that people on the left are so unable to recognize their own biases.

You posted 10 links and you pick one. Why don't we go through each one and look at the blatant left wing bias in each? Take the breathless praise of the 'affordable housing plan' which would reward a small number of people with government subsidized housing paid for with punitive taxes on the rest.

I find it amazing that people on the left are so unable to recognize their own biases.

As I mentioned, some of the articles are opinion pieces, which should be taken as such. The Tyee has published some of the best investigated reports that I have seen. Just because you're so offended by an opinion piece, it doesn't take away from the good journalism that happens there.

• 4 months later...

The newspapers used to fulfill this role but they are dying now. There are good individuals all over the place in TV, print and blogland trying to do their best.

Terry Milewksi was a good guy - ruffled lots of feathers over the years on the interview side and did some good digging too on Air India etc. The British style is more abrasive.

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2016 at 0:12 AM, Bryan said:

National Post is the least bad, but their overall bias is still decidedly left. One editorial from the publisher once every four years doesn't even come close to balancing the thousands of stridently anti-conservative and/or pro-liberal articles that they publish all year long.

What? Is my leg being pulled here?

On 2016-05-24 at 10:42 PM, Bryan said:

National Post is the least bad, but their overall bias is still decidedly left. One editorial from the publisher once every four years doesn't even come close to balancing the thousands of stridently anti-conservative and/or pro-liberal articles that they publish all year long.

Go read through all the editorials on NP right now and tell me they aren't biased to the right. 

Postmedia papers put a conservative advertisement ON THE ENTIRE FRONT PAGE of their newspapers only A FEW DAYS before the last election in 2015.  Easily one of the most disgusting and unethical things I've ever seen a major Canadian news publisher do in my entire life.  When I picked up my newspaper that morning I almost fell off my chair.  I then cancelled my subscription.