German town bans male asylum seekers from public pools

Shady

The Germans there are probably just racist!

Berlin (AFP) - A town in Germany has banned male asylum seekers from public swimming pools after complaints from women that they were being harassed by migrants, AFP learnt Friday.

A spokesman for the local government of Bornheim said the ban on male asylum seekers above the age of 18 came after six people filed complaints "over the sexually offensive behaviour of some migrant men at the pool".
http://news.yahoo.com/german-town-bans-male-asylum-seekers-public-pools-152516727.html

This is another result of ad hoc, unfettered immigration led by leftists policies that put good intentions over common sense. The common sense approach would be to move slowly. Allowing proper assimilation of smaller amounts of newcomers over a longer period of time. This would benefit newly arriving citizens as well as keep public opinion up, which generally favours helping people escaping terrible circumstances in other areas of the world. Instead, wreckless and irresponsible leftist policy puts immigrants in a difficult position, and turns public opinion against them. Too much policy based on emotion rather than logic and reason.

Edited by Michael Hardner
corrected spelling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with assimilating them is that then they become similar to us so then when they are taking pictures in our malls with their phones they get accused of being potential terrorists because, brown skin and beards!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/men-behind-vancouver-s-pacific-centre-mall-suspicious-photographs-speak-out-1.3407459

Although, to be fair, the police did an okay job here. It's the media that screwed up by not blurring their faces until the facts could be determined.

And that's the point: we are all individuals etc etc, go watch Life of Brian for the rest of their sermon.....

Bad behaviour should not be condoned in any public place. It would make more sense to ban those individuals and not all refugees. Refugees aren't going away anytime soon so wouldn't it make more sense to handle this in a way that would encourage respectable behaviour.

It makes no sense to punish all refugees because of a few. It sends a terrible message and will only further encourage feelings of isolation and degradation among the innocent refugees.

Not to take a side on this immigrant, non-immigrant issue but what actions are considered to be harassing? I have seen this term used too often in such subjective terms that it loses meaning. This soon leads to male - female disagreement because "looking" can be "oogling" and compliments on attire can become sexual harassment.

The latest definition that I have seen of sexual harassment is any action or statement that some individual (the recipient) feels is sexual harassment.

That is why harassment is not illegal.

Bad behaviour should not be condoned in any public place. It would make more sense to ban those individuals and not all refugees. Refugees aren't going away anytime soon so wouldn't it make more sense to handle this in a way that would encourage respectable behaviour.

It makes no sense to punish all refugees because of a few. It sends a terrible message and will only further encourage feelings of isolation and degradation among the innocent refugees.

It's more likely that to avoid being bigots, certain places will just ban men in general.

Nobody's saying punish all refugees.

Not to take a side on this immigrant, non-immigrant issue but what actions are considered to be harassing? I have seen this term used too often in such subjective terms that it loses meaning. This soon leads to male - female disagreement because "looking" can be "oogling" and compliments on attire can become sexual harassment.

The latest definition that I have seen of sexual harassment is any action or statement that some individual (the recipient) feels is sexual harassment.

That is why harassment is not illegal.

Yes, it must've just been looking. Same with the hundreds of women assulted in Cologne and other places. Women probably just need to get tougher.

Yes, it must've just been looking. Same with the hundreds of women assulted in Cologne and other places. Women probably just need to get tougher.

Many women swimming laps in a pool would feel very uncomfortable to have men 'looking' or 'leering' while they are working out.

While it's not illegal, the facilities have the right to ban individuals if they are not being respectful to women but certainly not the entire population of male asylum seekers.

It appears to me that the difference between somebody "looking" at an individual and someone "leering" at an individual depends on the interpretations by the individual and will vary with the individual.

What is the difference between looking and leering - or watching and oogling - or complimenting and harassing?

You obviously seem to have a preconception of Muslims and this current refugee crisis.

What would you do to solve this problem?

No preconception of Muslims. Just going by what their cultures prevailing attitudes are, and the religious and political dogma they follow. Facts can be stubborn things sometimes.

This Washington Post article uses the phrase "sexual assaults", not harrassment.

This Deutche Welle article uses the phrase "sexual harrassment". It also points out that this "ban" is only temporary, until social workers have more time to "educate" migrants.

These guys come from a culture where they don't even know how to interact with fully dressed women. Why would anybody be shocked that they don't know how to interact with women in swimwear? Maybe giving them free passes to the pool as part of their care package wasn't such a hot idea.

-k

I'd also point out that talking on your phone during a movie isn't against the law either, but the theatre still has the right to throw your ass out, and not let you come back until you learn some manners.

Same principle.

-k

It appears to me that the difference between somebody "looking" at an individual and someone "leering" at an individual depends on the interpretations by the individual and will vary with the individual.

What is the difference between looking and leering - or watching and oogling - or complimenting and harassing?

If a woman feels uncomfortable while trying to workout I suppose. It's a no brainer.

Would you question your wife or daughter or grand daughters interpretation if they refused to return because of their uncomfortable feelings?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

If a woman feels uncomfortable while trying to workout I suppose. It's a no brainer.

Would you question your wife or daughter or grand daughters interpretation if they refused to return because of their uncomfortable feelings?

Thank you for the question. I would never question the feelings of others but we live in a relatively free society. In a public place the public is allowed. It is also allowed to leave.

I have been in restaurants where I was uncomfortable where we were seated. I asked for a change in seating and left if I did not like it.

I believe that it is wrong to use the feelings of anybody as a criteria for behavior in any public place. If a person finds a mother breastfeeding her child in public and complains then the complainant is informed that it is a legal act and he or she should leave if it makes them uncomfortable. I agree.

If anyone is doing something that is illegal in a public place then they should be identified, removed, charged and judged.

If someone is doing something that is legal but the recipient is uncomfortable then I suggest that the recipient should leave the area.

Edited by Big Guy