German town bans male asylum seekers from public pools

Shady

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many posters here have addressed the OP. Do they agree or disagree with the decision that was made?

It's a problematic decision since it is clearly discriminatory, but one of many such that will arise in response to the reality of millions of refugees with very different cultural values entering Germany. Germany decided to run a very large scale, irreversible social experiment on itself, and we will see the results over the coming years. The influx of refugees will likely result in some of the "high-minded" Western ideals being compromised to maintain some semblance of social order. Whether individual decisions like this one are the right ones to make will only become evident in retrospect.

Edited by Bonam

It's a problematic decision since it is clearly discriminatory, but one of many such that will arise in response to the reality of millions of refugees with very different cultural values entering Germany. Germany decided to run a very large scale, irreversible social experiment on itself, and we will see the results over the coming years. The influx of refugees will likely result in some of the "high-minded" Western ideals being compromised to maintain some semblance of social order. Whether individual decisions like this one are the right ones to make will only become evident in retrospect.

But do you agree with it?

But do you agree with it?

I don't know, honestly. Given that there was a real problem in that town, a stop-gap measure like this might be the only solution that could be implemented quickly. Hopefully a better longer term solution will be arrived at, hopefully one that treats people as individuals rather than as groups.

I don't know, honestly. Given that there was a real problem in that town, a stop-gap measure like this might be the only solution that could be implemented quickly. Hopefully a better longer term solution will be arrived at, hopefully one that treats people as individuals rather than as groups.

But it's not a stop gap measure. It's blatant discrimination and only encourages isolation and bitterness among refugees.

We are talking about to very different cultures here, and there is bound to be clashes.....I served in Germany for 5 years with the military, when it comes to sexuality Germans are very relaxed, so much so that me as a western had to take some time and adjust...places like public swimming pools or bath houses for the most part are unisex, sure there is a few changing rooms but for the most part it is unisex, meaning one large changing rooms, most pools also have a general public area, and areas such as hot and cold sauna's that require no clothing and are unisex....In Baden Baden the entire top floor was NO Clothing area.....it contained juice bars, various hot tubs,saunas, and cold dipping pools...It was normal for entire families to vist and take part in all the pools facilities....it was a normal outing for them...only ones that had problems was outsiders.....

I won't get into Germans strip bars or sex houses, topless beaches....but remember it was these people the "refugees" that decided to come to Germany, to enjoy all the benefits it had to offer, and part of that is excepting they are not in kanas anymore toto, every paradise has its warts as well....

regardless if the decision is excepted as right or wrong, racist I highly doubt that....that being said unless Germany changes all these practices to allow refuges to fit in and not be insulted which I don't think will happen....the refugees will have to adapt...and except their new home or go back to Syria....