Islamophobia in Canada

Amazing how many experts on Islam we seem to have here.

The Quran says this...

3:169 Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way (Shahid) as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;

3:170 They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve.

3:171 They rejoice in a Grace and a Bounty from Allah, and that Allah will not waste the reward of the believers.

------------------------------------

4:74 Let those (believers) who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter fight in the Cause of Allah, and whoso fights in the Cause of Allah, and is killed or gets victory, We shall bestow on him a great reward.

------------------------------------

9:111 Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah? Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.

-------------------------------------

44:51 Verily, the righteous will be in a place of security,

44:52 Among Gardens and Springs;

44:53 Dressed in fine silk and (also) in thick silk, facing each other,

44:54 So (it will be), and We shall marry them to Houris (female fair ones) with wide, lovely eyes.

44:55 They will call therein for every kind of fruit in peace and security;

44:56 They will never taste death therein except the first death (of this world), and He will save them from the torment of the blazing Fire,

44:57 As a Bounty from your Lord! That will be the supreme success!

44:58 Certainly, We have made this (Qur'an) easy in your tongue, in order that they may remember.

Yes, it was the discourse of Harper, not unlike that of Donald Trump, that seems to give permission to thugs to act out racist attitudes.Hopefully that kind of sentiment will be reduced in the more open environment fostered by Trudeau, but that could be naive.

What was the discourse of Harper? What single thing did he say that was anti-Muslim? And please, do show us how much thuggish anti-Muslim behaiour there's been in Canada in the last six months.

Are you aware that politicians in Europe are far to the Left of Trudeau? That for many years it has actually been against the law to use a racial epithet towards someone, even in private? People can and do go to jail for saying something unkind about blacks or muslims on their facebook page, or to someone on a street corner.

The result? Race riots and the rise of strong extreme right wing groups.

But how would you like it if I claimed that as a group, Christians were inherently murderous pedophiles who enslaved women, because that's what their Holy Book said?

But that isn't the argument being made. You can claim that, but the evidence is absent. Christians, as a group, simply do not take such things seriously.

The above is exactly the situation the Muslims are being put into. The majority of Muslims take the teachings of the Quran and the prophet about peace and tolerance to be the primary teachings, and the stuff about war as being context-and-time specific, not applicable to the modern world.

And the problem with THAT argument is that the evidence contradicts you on a daily basis. Further, it isn't simply the Koranic exhortations to war and violence in spreading Islam which is causing so many to doubt the wisdom of embracing those of this religion, but its political, legal and social teachings which are backward, violent and barbaric. And the evidence world Muslims embrace those tenets is pretty damned obvious in Muslim countries.

The reality around us ... is a million peaceful Canadian Muslims.

The reality elsewhere is millions of peaceful Muslims fleeing persecution by extremist terrorists.

You might want to read one of those cites I posted which you ignored. Just because Syrians are fleeing the war does not imply they have liberal views on religion, women or anything else.

Said is a Christian who fled Iran after the arrest of his brother in a church. He crossed Turkey on foot. He never thought he would experience such problems in Germany. "I thought I would be able to freely practise my religion here. But if I say I am a Christian in an asylum centre, I am threatened with death."

Said has a place right in the middle of Sunnite Syrians in an asylum centre in Brandenburg (near Berlin). "During Ramadan, they wake me up at dawn to force me to eat and drink before sunrise. If I refuse, they call my unbeliever, infidel. They spat on me and treated me like an animal. They threatened to kill me."

http://diversitymachtfrei.blogspot.ca/2015/09/germany-christian-refugees-attacked-and.html

Just a couple of days ago, a group of racist hateful lazy thinkers took it upon themselves to set fire to a mosque in Ontario.

Today, a Muslim woman, on her way to pick up her kids from school, was jumped and beaten and told to go back to her country.

In Quebec, someone posted a video declaring that one Arab a week will be killed.

Simple people need the narrative to be made simple, so they can feel like they understand the situation. Their laziness prevents them from exploring who they are fearing. Usually they're too lazy and too conditioned to change their minds by looking at the facts, so they repeat the same misinformation that is fed to them. For these people, it's a lot easier when they can go into the "us vs them", "black vs white", and "Muslims vs West" mode rather than examining a complicated and multi-faceted situation.

It's time for the quiet majority to speak out against these ignorant loud minority. The more we allow them to repeat their hate, the more it will become acceptable. The next time someone makes a racist or bigoted comment, call them on it. They need to be confronted.

Setting fire to a mosque is not acceptable,nor is attacking a Muslim on the street for no reason.These people will be called out on it for their behavior.It's a real pity the same cannot be said for Muslim behavior towards" infidels" in the Arab world.

People have u ever thought that all these domestic terrorists could have been "programed" to do the terrorist acts. Of course, not, what kind of government would do such a thing!.. Well, I've read and listened to former CIA and FBI on many programs and u wouldn't believe what goes on behind closed doors. I'm NOT saying this is the case , I'm saying it be COULD happening.

Setting fire to a mosque is not acceptable,nor is attacking a Muslim on the street for no reason.These people will be called out on it for their behavior.It's a real pity the same cannot be said for Muslim behavior towards" infidels" in the Arab world.

This is happening, at least in Egypt, according to my sister who lives there. There is a public campaign focused on bringing people together as Egyptians, and to eliminate divisions based on religion. Muslims who persecute Christians face legal repercussions, though it's still very much a lopsided system. But the government definitely seems to be trying to move in the direction of equality and freedom.

People have u ever thought that all these domestic terrorists could have been "programed" to do the terrorist acts. Of course, not, what kind of government would do such a thing!.. Well, I've read and listened to former CIA and FBI on many programs and u wouldn't believe what goes on behind closed doors. I'm NOT saying this is the case , I'm saying it be COULD happening.

No it can't. It's ridiculous.

Somebody's been reading to many Tom Clancy novels.

You might want to read one of those cites I posted which you ignored. Just because Syrians are fleeing the war does not imply they have liberal views on religion, women or anything else.

Said is a Christian who fled Iran after the arrest of his brother in a church. He crossed Turkey on foot. He never thought he would experience such problems in Germany. "I thought I would be able to freely practise my religion here. But if I say I am a Christian in an asylum centre, I am threatened with death."

Said has a place right in the middle of Sunnite Syrians in an asylum centre in Brandenburg (near Berlin). "During Ramadan, they wake me up at dawn to force me to eat and drink before sunrise. If I refuse, they call my unbeliever, infidel. They spat on me and treated me like an animal. They threatened to kill me."

http://diversitymachtfrei.blogspot.ca/2015/09/germany-christian-refugees-attacked-and.html

And those are Sunnis. The "moderate" ones.

The crowd booed at the two minutes of silence for Paris and chanted Allahu-Akbar at a Turkish football match.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-friendly-turkey-idUSKCN0T62LY20151117

People behave badly all over the world. This bunch was roundly scolded by the Turkish team's manager. I thought of finding and posting links about idiot others who aren't Muslim engaging in dumbassery, but you'd miss the point.

People behave badly all over the world. This bunch was roundly scolded by the Turkish team's manager. I thought of finding and posting links about idiot others who aren't Muslim engaging in dumbassery, but you'd miss the point.

The bunch...17,000 of them...showed exactly what they thought of two minutes silence for the murdered.

The bunch...17,000 of them...showed exactly what they thought of two minutes silence for the murdered.

Callousness isn't limited to Turkish Soccer fans. Any person who supports Trumps "Ban the Muslims" rhetoric displays exactly the same callousness against the people who have been murdered and displaced by extremists in the Middle East.

Callousness isn't limited to Turkish Soccer fans. Any person who supports Trumps "Ban the Muslims" rhetoric displays exactly the same callousness against the people who have been murdered and displaced by extremists in the Middle East.

You're free to think Islam guiltless. I'm free to think the opposite.

You're free to think Islam guiltless. I'm free to think the opposite.

I think Islam is a religion, just as Christianity is. I think extremists are guilty, whether Islamic, Christian, Jewish or of no religion.

You are free to think whatever you'd like, of course, but I guess you've just realized your thinking lacks logic.

I think Islam is a religion, just as Christianity is. I think extremists are guilty, whether Islamic, Christian, Jewish or of no religion.

You are free to think whatever you'd like, of course, but I guess you've just realized your thinking lacks logic.

You're free to insult me. I won't even report you to the moderators.

You're free to insult me. I won't even report you to the moderators.

I don't agree that noting someone's illogical thinking is an insult, but hey ... if you felt insulted, I'm happy to apologize.

This thread has become repetitive and has already cycled around itself a couple times.

True. I'm almost bored. :)

Could be some kind of phobia.

I showed you the Quran...you ignored it.

Are you afraid of what you'll find, Taylor?

You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself.

---Dr Zaius