Trudeau's Committment to Syrian Refugees - 25,000 by Year End

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read about the refugee process, there is no way they could do 25,000 in six weeks. If in fact 25,000 have already been vetted, they must of been done by that nasty Harper government

I'm sure tens, if not hundreds, of thousands have already been "vetted" by NGOs and the UN.........the same guys that vetted one of the Paris attackers in Greece.

I'm sure tens, if not hundreds, of thousands have already been "vetted" by NGOs and the UN.........the same guys that vetted one of the Paris attackers in Greece.

Exactly, as I said earlier, we'll be taking the UN's word on who we should take - essentially, "Here Canada, these ones are yours". The UN is on their own agenda, and in my opinion, don't recognize terrorism the same way western cultures do.

Exactly, as I said earlier, we'll be taking the UN's word on who we should take - essentially, "Here Canada, these ones are yours". The UN is on their own agenda, and in my opinion, don't recognize terrorism the same way western cultures do.

It is clear that many individuals against helping the refugees are not open minded enough to read and contemplate the information provided. It's a futile exercise in frustration.

Without a doubt.......what could go wrong?

No need for vetting. They were from France and Belgium. Remember?

Except for the leader of the attacks.....

The Paris terror mastermind was able to sneak into Europe among Syrian migrants, it has emerged, as police on the continent admitted that they are unable to monitor thousands of suspected jihadists.

It is clear that many individuals against helping the refugees are not open minded enough to read and contemplate the information provided. It's a futile exercise in frustration.

Very few of us are against helping refugees - I'm not, but i sure do want to make sure that they are in fact refugees.

With the intelligence given, I can't believe that we'd take any group at face value when we know that 15-20% are possible terrorists.

If one pedophile moves into a town, everyone freaks out. What if you knew 15-20% of the new inhabitants were known pedophiles and rapists? Would you want to know who they were? Would you want them weeded out? I bet you would.

Actually, Rape and child molestation is part of Isis' MO.

Coming soon, our very own refugee camps.

The Canadian government is making preparations for the arrival of Syrian refugees, including the possible construction of camps to house them, a government spokesman said on Thursday.

The spokesman confirmed the plans after the government issued a tender notice on Thursday seeking companies to build "temporary winterized lodgings for groups of 500 to 3,000 people by early December 2015 at sites to be confirmed."

There are no refugee camps in Canada. Immigration detention centers, similar to jails, are used during deportation, to guard against flight risk, or for temporary use by border agents during legal procedures. Refugees otherwise have freedom of movement.

Canada is planning for the arrival of 25,000 Syrian refugees before year end.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKCN0T902520151120?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

Let's make sure we supply plenty of winter clothing to lessen the shock of our wicked winters. Unless of course all the camps are built in balmy Vancouver.

Clearly. You're trying to talk sense to the most close-minded people on the planet: hard-boiled conservatives. The very same sort of people, albeit a little more close-minded and hard-boiled, that refugees are fleeing. They're truly caught between a rock and a hard place. We all are really.

Clearly. You're trying to talk sense to the most close-minded people on the planet: hard-boiled conservatives. The very same sort of people, albeit a little more close-minded and hard-boiled, that refugees are fleeing. They're truly caught between a rock and a hard place. We all are really.

It's sickening, sad and frustrating.

Very few of us are against helping refugees - I'm not, but i sure do want to make sure that they are in fact refugees.

Exactly, I care not if we take refugees and/or send aide overseas, my concern (as I'm sure is held by most) is that we're potentially allowing a Trojan horse among ourselves so Trudeau can keep a political promise, a promise I don't think many would care if he kept.

Exactly, I care not if we take refugees and/or send aide overseas, my concern (as I'm sure is held by most) is that we're potentially allowing a Trojan horse among ourselves so Trudeau can keep a political promise, a promise I don't think many would care if he kept.

I would approve of taking even more than 25,000 if I was sure they would be properly vetted. I just can't understand why the Liberals want to rush the process, other than the fact it was an election promise. The majority of Canadians are saying "slow down".

Canadians believe the new Liberal government should take a longer time to run security checks on the Syrian refugees it plans to bring in, or else take fewer refugees, a poll released on Thursday found.

The Angus Reid survey showed that 46 percent of respondents thinking last Friday's attacks in Paris should cause the government to go ahead and accept 25,000 Syrians as planned but to take longer for security checks.

A further 13 percent said it should cause them to take fewer Syrian refugees than planned and another 22 percent to not take any at all. Only 19 percent said the government should proceed as planned or take more.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idCAKCN0T836220151120

I would approve of taking even more than 25,000 if I was sure they would be properly vetted. I just can't understand why the Liberals want to rush the process, other than the fact it was an election promise. The majority of Canadians are saying "slow down".

http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idCAKCN0T836220151120

My thoughts exactly, in addition to providing more aide to the ones we won't be taking.

You can bet the Americans are steaming at this reckless process. There are reasons why it was taking a year or more to effectively process, transport and re-settle refugees. There are reasons why the US is only committing to 10,000 Syrians over the next year - and even that is under duress from both Republicans and Democrats. It may fulfill an ill-conceived election promise but you can bet your boots that their will be a price to pay in Canada/US relations.

With the intelligence given, I can't believe that we'd take any group at face value when we know that 15-20% are possible terrorists.

Please provide credible cite for 15-20% potential terrorists. Drumindiver hasn't yet succeeded; perhaps you'll do better.

You can bet the Americans are steaming at this reckless process. There are reasons why it was taking a year or more to effectively process, transport and re-settle refugees. There are reasons why the US is only committing to 10,000 Syrians over the next year - and even that is under duress from both Republicans and Democrats. It may fulfill an ill-conceived election promise but you can bet your boots that their will be a price to pay in Canada/US relations.

Just wait until Trudeau starts legalizing pot. We'll be lucky if they only carpet-bomb us.