Truth about Justin Trudeau and the Liberals

What does it say about women that say ''I am voting trudeau because he is cute'' And there is a lot of them. But hey if trudeau wins and the shit hits the fan, we get to blame you.

What about you? Aren't you voting for Harper because you like his lego man haircut?

I am also blaming you and old white men, living in the rural area for voting for Harper.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i am in rural area so i am blamed for voting CPC. Actually it is better to say i am a small business owner that follows tax policy, resource development, fiscal responsibility and a political party that starts out with an election platform and sticks with it vs others that check the wind each morning and change accordingly.

I see Ontario circling the toilet and see that another Liberal government at the federal level possibly doing the same to the country. But i have some confidence that Trudea is full of bs about protecting the environment, respecting natives rights, proper review of all oil development. It is in fact him being two faced as expected to win votes and things will go forward just the same as with the CPC. If the Libs do otherwise you can expect to hear a flushing sound pretty soon. Ontario is now a "have not" province with $1.8B received in equalization payment, so if the self proclaimed economic heart of Canada isnt going to give the revenue the country needs for all the spending everyone demands then shutting down resources is in fact the biggest mistake possible.

But given my aversion to finding out how dumb someone can be i wont risk voting Liberal.

Marcus you mean the people that actually work hard and pay their taxes. Why do you think this is a great country, the white people that built it and died for it. People cry about white privilege, look at Canada's war dead over all the wars, there is your white privilege.

Edited by PIK

What about you? Aren't you voting for Harper because you like his lego man haircut?

I am also blaming you and old white men, living in the rural area for voting for Harper.

Nothing wrong with the lego man haircut!

If youve lived in a rural area you would understand why a party that advocates taking less from you is appealing.

Nothing wrong with the lego man haircut!

If youve lived in a rural area you would understand why a party that advocates taking less from you is appealing.

I find the biggest reason for support is fear. Fear of 'other people'. Fear of taxes.

By giving more to the corporation through tax breaks, incentives and law changes, you're actually taking more from the people. You're taking away money for infrastructure, health, CPP and of course, you're ruining the environment. But most Conservative supporters rather block all of that out and repeat the jingoistic b.s. fed to them by the politicians.

I find the biggest reason for support is fear. Fear of 'other people'. Fear of taxes.

By giving more to the corporation through tax breaks, incentives and law changes, you're actually taking more from the people. You're taking away money for infrastructure, health, CPP and of course, you're ruining the environment. But most Conservative supporters rather block all of that out and repeat the jingoistic b.s. fed to them by the politicians.

Umm no. Its not bs.

People can do a surprisingly large amount on their own without govt interference.

If you think the govt can spenr ur money bettee than you do, by all means cut them a cheque...

If you think the govt can spenr ur money bettee than you do,

As a matter of fact, when it comes to infrastructure, I do think the government can spend my money better than I can. True, if we didn't have to pay taxes, perhaps my neighbors and I could get together to build a road to get to work - or at least to the nearest main artery that'll get us to work, to earn the money we're not paying taxes on. But then there's road maintenance that needs to be kept up.

And after that, there's schools and teachers, and hospitals, doctors, nurses, equipment. How much might it cost to put in an airport, or a port if I live on the coast, to help with overseas commerce? And what about some kind of military, just in case its needed? I certainly can't pay for any of this on my own, and I highly doubt the ability of humans to get together well enough to manage it through group consensus.

I'm sure I'm not thinking of everything my tax money provides me, but I'm fairly convinced that there's no way I could provide what government does, not even with the help of a bunch of neighbors.

Lower taxes just aren't the answer to everything.

As a matter of fact,

---SNIP---

Neither is excessive government spending at the hands of the "fat cats".

Also what should the government be spending money on and what can be done by private enterprise. Should govt be putting in regulations making ut difficult to set up private health care foe those who can afford it, how about the regulations concerning private education.

Edited by Charles Anthony
[---SNIP---]

Also what should the government be spending money on and what can be done by private enterprise. Should govt be putting in regulations making ut difficult to set up private health care foe those who can afford it, how about the regulations concerning private education.

What government should be spending money is up to Parliament.

Also what should the government be spending money on and what can be done by private enterprise.

Yup, there are definitely things I'd rather the government did not spend so much money on - Senators and Politician pensions come to mind. On the other hand, I would like government to spend more on research into climate change and on green technology. I suspect you and I would butt heads on that one. :)

In my experience, private enterprise ultimately costs more and does a poorer job serving the people - so I'd prefer there'd be less 'private' enterprise taking over public services.

Should govt be putting in regulations making ut difficult to set up private health care foe those who can afford it, how about the regulations concerning private education.

I know plenty of people who seem able to access private health care, so whatever the regulations are, they don't seem to be really holding people who can afford it back.

In the States, user-pay has been more or less the situation - and while they have absolutely amazing medical people and facilities, they are also one of the sickest populations in the developed world. This is really an expensive "saving", because as people become sicker, they cost more in indirect government services, such as time lost from work, disability pensions, and finally - emergency services when they become too ill to stay away from treatment. That money is non-recoverable. My preference is that we provide health care for everyone, because ultimately I believe its cheaper. Our next step would be to encourage to live healthier lives.

Yup, there are definitely things

---SNIP---

Private enterprise is extremely efficient at getting things to people. I have broadband internet thanks to private enterprise, the latest research into ag practices is dominated by private enterprise, medicinal research again private enterprise, and this is to name a few.

Resources are always scarceand have to be allocated and this is seen in healthcare. In the usa its done thru cost, and up here its wait times.

The usa has one of the "sickest" populations due to a large part of their negligence to their health as they expect their insurance to bail them out for their stupidity.

Umm no. Its not bs.

People can do a surprisingly large amount on their own without govt interference.

If you think the govt can spenr ur money bettee than you do, by all means cut them a cheque...

We have enough wealth in our country to get rid of poverty. Even the f*** ups can have a bed and food to eat. People don't need all the cash that sits there in the 1%'s bank accounts and the billions that sit in corporations' bank accounts, who continue to receive incentives and special treatment. Treatment that small businesses don't receive. The system is rigged and it doesn't have to be.

Hard work is amazing and trust me, I know many people who work extremely hard and who didn't vote for Harper.

Edited by Michael Hardner
profanity

Hard work is amazing and trust me, I know many people who work extremely hard and who didn't vote for Harper.

Yeah, this is true. Conservative's inability to conceive of actual working people voting progressive is one of their most annoying traits. We have under 10% unemployment, 70% of people did not vote for Harper, thats a lot of employed people right there. Edited by dialamah

Yeah, this is true. Conservative's inability to conceive of actual working people voting progressive is one of their most annoying traits. We have under 10% unemployment, 70% of people did not vote for Harper, thats a lot of employed people right there.

I think the Tories' error is thinking that the prime concern of voters is their bank balances. I think most voters are considerably more complex and nuanced than Conservatives give them credit for.

We have enough wealth in our country to get rid of poverty. Even the f*** ups can have a bed and food to eat. People don't need all the cash that sits there in the 1%'s bank accounts and the billions that sit in corporations' bank accounts, who continue to receive incentives and special treatment. Treatment that small businesses don't receive. The system is rigged and it doesn't have to be.

I guess that's why Trudeau is going to take more money from me, the middle class and redistribute it, the system is rigged in my favor.

I think the Tories' error is thinking that the prime concern of voters is their bank balances. I think most voters are considerably more complex and nuanced than Conservatives give them credit for.

Yea, all of those idiots out there referring to the conservatives as fascists, or dictators, those people were "nuanced".

And maybe another problem for the Tories is imagining the electorate is divided into partisan camps., The fact is that a lot of Conservatives were tired of Harper.

Not really...

Conservative vote from the last election only dropped by 6%....

• 3 weeks later...

The lie is in the context.

This comment in no way undermines all the content contained in the information and links provided TB. You might as well try to soak up the water from a burst fire hydrant with two squares of toilet paper.

Elias Hazineh is a close friend to Trudeau's senior advisor Omar Alghabra. He's also a Liberal candiidate in this election. Omar is also a past president of the Canadian Arab Federation, a group known for its support for radical Islam and deeply rooted anti-semitism.

What do you make of this TB? Remember that noone is allowed to run for election in the federal Liberal party unless they are pro-choice (re: abortion). Why is pro-terrorism ok?

I seem to remember that the Montreal mosque mentioned in the OP was identified by the RCMP as a recruiting place for terrorists right after 9/11. The Mounties filmed recruitment taking place. It was announced at the time that they would be 'keeping an eye on it'.

Nothing more has been heard about it as far as I know until now.

I wondered at the time why legal steps weren't taken to shut them down when they had the proof. I still wonder.

The fact is, anywhere there is a large ethnic population the politicians will suck up to them. After all, they DO vote!

As Globe and Mail said it is not the economy you stupid. Harper regime was not a democracy Ruling with fist iron even his own caucus, avoiding and trashing journalists and scientists, corruptions and scandals. ramming unpopular harmful bills through parliament, faking surveys to fit their own stupid ideology disregarding or rejecting scientific or evidence based proposals or legislations and undermining Canadian values and a long list goes so any one who think they were democrats or ruled in a democratic manner is a total idiot not those who see them as dictators, sour loser,

The regime was good for the rich and damn religious fanatics. I am glad they gone to the trash bag of the history and I am glad the rich will pay more taxes for breaks to middle class. It should have been significantly more than one percent tax hikes for the rich but a start and a step in the right direction. Where there are poor and homeless people and hungry children and cold and hungry seniors there must be NO rich people.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015