No, you just single out those who post something you would be ashamed to be associated with.

Ie, anything which judges others in any way, shape or form, regardless of how realistic, impartial, and fair that judgement is.

The most intolerant person on the site likes to deride others imagined intolerance.

I disagree. If you post something that you would submit to a newspaper under your real name then good for you. I am sure that the posts to which I refer, the kinds of ideas that are prominent on KKK and other white supremacy sites, would never be submitted under real names.

Do you spend a lot of your time on such sites to know what they speak about?

Your views are generally so dull, bland, and sanctimonious all they'd draw is laughter.

Ie, anything which judges others in any way, shape or form, regardless of how realistic, impartial, and fair that judgement is.

The most intolerant person on the site likes to deride others imagined intolerance.

Some of us are deriding obvious intolerance; your's in particular. I'm not even sure why you deny it, when you make posts like the one a few posts above where you impugned a billion people based on the practices of a few countries, some of which are not even Muslim countries.

The people who are hyper-opposed to this case spell Muslim "N-I-Q-A-B". There may be another contingent, of which Argus is a member, who are still hoping this wedge issue will give the Tories an edge. I'm not sure which group I dislike more at this point.

First of all, I've never argued against the court judgement. My only position here is to point out the preposterous nonsense and naive wishful thinking of those who claim the niqab does not represent fundamentalist Islamic beliefs which are largely inimical to our modern secular value systems. I'm amused that so many Quebecers feel so strongly on the issue they've abandoned the NDP over it, but then I've previously expressed my feelings about Quebec's uhm, attitude towards those who are not 'pure wool' on this site.

Some of us are deriding obvious intolerance; your's in particular. I'm not even sure why you deny it, when you make posts like the one a few posts above where you impugned a billion people based on the practices of a few countries, some of which are not even Muslim countries.

I have intolerance towards violently backward social customs, it's true. The delicate and desperately political correct tend to react in horror to anyone daring to criticize any aspect of what other peoples do, but I've never felt the need to express respect for those who practice female genital mutilation, or beat people to death because they think they ate a hamburger or tore a koran, or said something insulting to the prophet, or throw bedsheets around women in case they inspire 'lust' in men. You respect that, okay. I clearly have higher standards than you.

I have intolerance towards violently backward social customs, it's true. The delicate and desperately political correct tend to react in horror to anyone daring to criticize any aspect of what other peoples do, but I've never felt the need to express respect for those who practice female genital mutilation, or beat people to death because they think they ate a hamburger or tore a koran, or said something insulting to the prophet, or throw bedsheets around women in case they inspire 'lust' in men. You respect that, okay. I clearly have higher standards than you.

Your standards seem to be set by the lowest common denominator. It's hard not to call how you judge a billion people by the misconduct of a minority anything but bigotry. You're acting no different than the people who wanted to keep the Irish out, the Italians out, the Chinese out, the Sikhs out, the Vietnamese out. It's the same tired claims of alien cultural influences threatening our precious bodily fluids.

Your standards seem to be set by the lowest common denominator. It's hard not to call how you judge a billion people by the misconduct of a minority anything but bigotry. You're acting no different than the people who wanted to keep the Irish out, the Italians out, the Chinese out, the Sikhs out, the Vietnamese out. It's the same tired claims of alien cultural influences threatening our precious bodily fluids.

Sometimes the best way to fight racism is to give racists a stage, a microphone and the spotlight. Then allow the audience to make up its own minds.

My only position here is to point out the preposterous nonsense and naive wishful thinking of those who claim the niqab does not represent fundamentalist Islamic beliefs which are largely inimical to our modern secular value systems.

Conservatives on this board can't seem to get their arguments straight. Half of them argue that wearing the niqab is not a religious practice, then you get posts like this one that says it is a part of "Islamic fundamentalist beliefs." Which is it? Edited by cybercoma

Your standards seem to be set by the lowest common denominator.

No, they're set by widespread, demonstrated actions and expressed beliefs as reflected in public opinion polls and surveys.

It's hard not to call how you judge a billion people by the misconduct of a minority anything but bigotry.

You plucked the 'billion' number out of your fat ass, so don't use it as a strawman to whine at me.

You're acting no different than the people who wanted to keep the Irish out,

Again, this is garbage, and I've already pointed out why.

Edited by Argus

What? Women can wear pants? It's just a misogynist plot.

Niqabs at citizenship ceremonies has to be the stupidest non-issue to ever impact an election in this country.

It disgusts me that dumb-guys have turned it into a campaign issue. It disgusts me even more that it appears to be working.

-k

Niqabs at citizenship ceremonies has to be the stupidest non-issue to ever impact an election in this country.

It is very comical watching it from afar. Especially with Halloween just around the corner. We used to wear cheap costumes with a mask that came in a colourful box, but no niqabs.

It disgusts me that dumb-guys have turned it into a campaign issue. It disgusts me even more that it appears to be working.

-k

Is it working? That remains to be seen. I suspect that it's contributing to the public image of the Conservatives as a bunch of opportunists whose main work is to manipulate issues to political advantage.

Is it working? That remains to be seen. I suspect that it's contributing to the public image of the Conservatives as a bunch of opportunists whose main work is to manipulate issues to political advantage.

It worked to the extent it destroyed the NDP's chances of winning the election.

It worked to the extent it destroyed the NDP's chances of winning the election.

Yaaaaay! The new Conservative coalition: elderly redneck anglophones and snooty pur-laine francophones!

-k