Caitlyn Jenner

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been rumors about this for months; I had already assumed it was a done deal.

From what I gather from looking at magazine covers as I wait in line to buy groceries, the family has been concerned that Bruce becoming a woman would harm their TV empire and were going to kick him off the show if he did.

Is he being exploited for publicity? Is he doing this in spite of his family's wishes? Honestly, who cares. I hope their whole reality TV empire collapses. What a sad indictment of our society that people actually care about the Kardashians.

I didn't know who he was. I had to google his name!

The Cardassians were an adversarial alien empire on the long-running Star Wars: The Next Generation series; Jean Luc came into conflict with them on many occasions, including a memorable episode in which he's held prisoner. His captor gives him an easy way out of the psychological torture he's enduring: simply agree that there are 5 lights. But Picard knows there are only 4 lights, and refuses to yield. After he's rescued, Picard tells Troi, in a quiet moment, that he was starting to believe there really were 5 lights.

-k

He obviously has some mental issues, and I don't think people should be taking advantage of him.

Thanks, Captain Obvious. Why else would anyone hang out on this forum 24/7, repeating the same thing over and over? But I don't think WCR is taking advantage of him. She's just trying to express her point of view.

For those on this thread wishing to be politically correct and sensitive, please note that Caitlyn would likely prefer to be referred to with the pronoun "she".

For those on this thread wishing to be politically correct and sensitive, please note that Caitlyn would prefer to be referred to with the pronoun 'he'.

http://www.people.com/article/bruce-jenner-interview-transgender-pronouns

I don't mean a publicity stunt in that he is looking for more media attention with a contrived stunt. He obviously is transgender. But is he milking it for publicity or is he truly trying to advance transgender rights? I think that he is. He has lived his entire life in the limelight. This is probably normal to him.

Caitlyn is going by she now.

Yes, I have plenty, but I refuse to be bullied by you or anyone else. Every post does not require a "cite".

You're right on the last point, but I'm helping to facilitate (not bully) you by asking you to back up this fact that you posted:

"Because legislation protecting transgender people has been on the books for decades..."

You're usually much better at following the rules than this so I am a little surprised.

No cite ?

Actually, I think I stand corrected. Caitlyn is actually tolerant and open-minded with respect to pronouns:

"Though she is now choosing to be identified as a woman, Caitlyn tells Vanity Fair that "I don't really get hung up" on the often-confusing issue of gender pronouns and other trans-sensitive terminology. She even recalls to a recent instance when she referred to herself as Bruce, her previous identity; while it's not normally considered appropriate to use a transgender person's pre-transition name when reporting on them, as GLAAD's newly-updated tip sheet explains, for example, Caitlyn is obviously in charge of presenting her story as she feels comfortable doing so. "

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/news/a41291/caitlyn-jenner-vanity-fair-pronouns-parenting-paparazzi/

You're right on the last point, but I'm helping to facilitate (not bully) you by asking you to back up this fact that you posted:

"Because legislation protecting transgender people has been on the books for decades..."

You're usually much better at following the rules than this so I am a little surprised.

Of course I am right, and I didn't need a "cite" to know that. The facts exist whether I provide a cite or not.

Every post does not require a cite.

This should not be news. I really don't care if someone wants to change their gender. Why do we make such a big deal out of it?

To impede, and one day, hopefully stop the stunning ignorance of the large numbers of people who are stunningly ignorant.

Edited by Je suis Omar