Caitlyn Jenner

So Bruce Jenner has come out by posing on the cover of Vanity Fair. Is this a publicity stunt? I don't think so. I say, Kudos to Bruce. He has done a lot to bring attention to the trans gender community given his olympic gold medal and his life with the Kardashians. Millions of people know him and can identify with and maybe have empathy for his/her situation.

Should Bruce/Caitlyn capitalize on these reality shows? Maybe so, as long as Caitlyn is strong enough to deal with it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/business/media/jenner-reveals-new-name-in-vanity-fair-article.html?_r=0

Edited by WestCoastRunner

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Bruce Jenner has come out by posing on the cover of Vanity Fair. Is this a publicity stunt? I don't think so. I say, Kudos to Bruce. He has done a lot to bring attention to the trans gender community given his olympic gold medal and his life with the Kardashians. Millions of people know him and can identify with and maybe have empathy for his/her situation.

Should Bruce/Caitlyn capitalize on these reality shows? Maybe so, as long as Caitlyn is strong enough to deal with it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/business/media/jenner-reveals-new-name-in-vanity-fair-article.html?_r=0

If it is a stunt, then he's gone way beyond what is necessary.

My question; why Caitlyn with a "C" and not "K" like the other Kardashians? Hmmm.

If it is a stunt, then he's gone way beyond what is necessary.

My question; why Caitlyn with a "C" and not "K" like the other Kardashians? Hmmm.

I don't mean a publicity stunt in that he is looking for more media attention with a contrived stunt. He obviously is transgender. But is he milking it for publicity or is he truly trying to advance transgender rights? I think that he is. He has lived his entire life in the limelight. This is probably normal to him.

Meh....Jenner has not done anything that wasn't done far earlier and with greater impact by Dr. Renee Richards almost 40 years ago.

Did Dr. Renee Richards make it on the cover of Vanity Fair? Bruce Jenner has a bigger impact on a different generation perhaps, especially with younger transgender kids using social media. A bigger impact for them, no doubt and i think a more positive impact and possibly less suicide rates for that age range.

Actually, she made it to the Unites States Supreme Court for transgender rights. Jenner is just stunting for the Kardashian franchise.

And no doubt, having an influence on young transgender kids. Caitlyn is having a big impact on young transgender kids. Let's not diminish that. Caitlyn is probably saving lives. Transgender individuals have a 40% suicide rate. If it can be reduced by this story, that is good news.

And no doubt, having an influence on young transgender kids. Caitlyn is having a big impact on young transgender kids. Let's not diminish that. Caitlyn is probably saving lives. Transgender individuals have a 40% suicide rate. If it can be reduced by this story, that is good news.

The really hard work was already done over a generation ago by people not looking to pimp a celebrity franchise.

What you are forgetting and what I have mentioned earllier, is that Jenner has reached a new generation. Do you have an issue with this?

Not at all....I don't believe that is the case with respect to transgender rights and awareness by the general public.

Jenner is not saving any lives, but he is furthering his own celebrity agenda.

Just because it wasn't on YouTube or MyFace doesn't mean prior history didn't happen.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Not at all....I don't believe that is the case with respect to transgender rights and awareness by the general public.

Jenner is not saving any lives, but he is furthering his own celebrity agenda.

Just because it wasn't on YouTube or MyFace doesn't mean prior history didn't happen.

Jenner has gained 1 million twitter followers in 4 hours. Can you imagine the number of transgender individuals that have followed him and risen above their suicidal thoughts. If you think you can brush this aside, then you have absolutely no empathy for transgender individuals.

Jenner has gained 1 million twitter followers in 4 hours. Can you imagine the number of transgender individuals that have followed him and risen above their suicidal thoughts. If you think you can brush this aside, then you have absolutely no empathy for transgender individuals.

Wrong...I have actually worked with and managed transgender peers and direct reports...going back over 20 years.

No Twitter required....the hard work has already been done by those without a penchant for self promotion.

Wrong...I have actually worked with and managed transgender peers and direct reports...going back over 20 years.

No Twitter required....the hard work has already been done by those without a penchant for self promotion.

And that's great. Wonderful and good for you. However, this is a new generation and social media is the way young transgenders communicate. The hard work never stops. Why do you think the hard work has already been done, when we have very high rates of suicide among transgender individuals. Obviously, the hard work isn't done. And whenever an individual can contribute to preventing suicide among this group, who cares what celebrity status they are after.

And that's great. Wonderful and good for you. However, this is a new generation and social media is the way young transgenders communicate. The hard work never stops. Why do you think the hard work has already been done, when we have very high rates of suicide among transgender individuals. Obviously, the hard work isn't done. And whenever an individual can contribute to preventing suicide among this group, who cares what celebrity status they are after.

Because legislation protecting transgender people has been on the books for decades...because transgender discrimination was enjoined long before Jenner's social media extravaganza....because real people with real barriers to overcome did so without lining their own pockets on E! TV.

If the "new generation" doesn't know this already, then they are poorly informed / educated.

Because legislation protecting transgender people has been on the books for decades...because transgender discrimination was enjoined long before Jenner's social media extravaganza....because real people with real barriers to overcome did so without lining their own pockets on E! TV.

If the "new generation" doesn't know this already, then they are poorly informed / educated.

If you had even attempted to research just a little about the suicide rates of transgender individuals, you would have seen that this is clearly a very real issue with very real barriers. And Jenner has reached out to these individuals (even if he lined his pockets)

Trans men are the most impacted, with 46 percent reporting an attempt in their lifetime. Trans women are close behind at 42 percent, and female-assigned cross-dressers report rates of 44 percent.

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt/transgender-suicide/

Thank you....how did I ever get by without MyFace and Twitter ? It's amazing.....

When one individual can reach 1 million twitter users in 4 hours and counting, you are left in the dust. And consider the positive impact this individual can make on young people. Not sure why you are so negative about a positive thing that can come from this? Do you think that Jenner will have no positive impact on young transgender individuals?

When one individual can reach 1 million twitter users in 4 hours and counting, you are left in the dust. And consider the positive impact this individual can make on young people. Not sure why you are so negative about a positive thing that can come from this? Do you think that Jenner will have no positive impact on young transgender individuals?

I think Jenner will have the most positive impact on the Kardashian fame franchise and his bank account. It's the 'Mericun way !

The suicide prevention angle is just noise.

Edited by bush_cheney2004