Men's Rights

kimmy

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can one of the mods fix that? There's an extra quote tag that refuses to be edited out.

Done.

The error you were making is that your closing quotes were the same as your opening quotes. They should not be the same.

You forgot the "/" in the closing quotes.

I can not fix your hyperlink because I do not know what it should be. You need to do that yourself or send me a message with the full address.

Done.

The error you were making is that your closing quotes were the same as your opening quotes. They should not be the same.

You forgot the "/" in the closing quotes.

I can not fix your hyperlink because I do not know what it should be. You need to do that yourself or send me a message with the full address.

Thank you. The mods here are kind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I frequently see a guy wandering around downtown TO who carries a large picket sign that is covered from top to bottom with mostly illegible writing railing against the court system, the police, lawyers and so on for some harm inflicted upon this individual, though it's hard to tell just what. Someone obviously needs to introduce this guy to YouTube.

Edited by Black Dog

I don't really feel like watching the video. Can you encapsulate it?

Girl's parents get divorced at a young age.

Biased courts side with mother.

Girl's mother has boyfriends which sexually abuse girl.

Girl can't do anything about it. Mother lies about it.

For some reason the father has to pay double child support because the system is messed up and bureaucrats refuse to correct errors.

Father can't afford lawyers and continues to pay child support even after his daughter lives alone and is pregnant with her second child.

Stress causes the father to have poor health.

Girl's father dies at 51 due to poor health related to the court system.

I don't understand your point here. Can you provide your opinion?

Courts are biased and messed up and doesn't protect children from abusive mothers, even if the father isn't abusive.

Bias towards females is one of the reasons, though there are other reasons (such as lawyers having an incentive to create an industry out of making people's lives miserable; both male and female).

Charles snipped one of my posts for quoting a post with an image. Wonder how we get singled out like that.

Yes. That is it.

Rule of thumb: If your reply takes less space than your quote does, then you quoted too much.

Using the [ Quote ] Feature: - 2005

NEW RULE! - Trim Your Posts - 2006

Trim Your Posts and Quotes - 2006

• 1 month later...

He's clearly a pussy. Wait that's a microagression SHIT!

Nice job suggesting there was a causal relationship there.

Nice job suggesting there was a causal relationship there.

Actually, it's more than that: the order of events is opposite of what Euler says. The announcement came after the student committed suicide, which suggests insensitivity around this health issue I agree.

I find Men's Rights Advocates to generally be petulant jackasses, however suicide among men is something that needs to be discussed so kudos to them for highlighting this problem.

Actually, it's more than that: the order of events is opposite of what Euler says. The announcement came after the student committed suicide, which suggests insensitivity around this health issue I agree.

I find Men's Rights Advocates to generally be petulant jackasses, however suicide among men is something that needs to be discussed so kudos to them for highlighting this problem.

It's all because men are good at killing themselves unlike women. :rolleyes:

Aren't the facts that more men kill themselves than women?

The dearth of facts would be that women just aren't good at it, how can that be quantified?

If you want to kill yourself bad enough you'll do it. If you want to get everyone's attention then maybe you'll take a few extra pills to make yourself sick or cut yourself in an non-lethal manor.

How about these facts?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/suicide-men-50s-causes-1.3263412

Edited by Boges

Actually, it's more than that: the order of events is opposite of what Euler says.

Incorrect, I said pressure, not the announcement itself.

You think that announcements just occur with nothing leading up to them?

That's part of it, yes. Not sure why the eyeroll is there.

Because it's not part of it. Women are perfectly capability of killing themselves if they want to. They just don't want to as strongly as men. On the other hand, if you attempt suicide and fail, you are more likely to gain sympathy as a women than as a man. So there is a larger incentive for women to fail suicide than for men.