Who will get 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination?

2016 Republican Presidential Nominee  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its bad when your laws allow the likes of the Koch bros. etc., to buy your elections. Its a little different than buying some tar from Canada.

The Koch brothers spent less than liberal groups in the last election, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Other than having a Koch addiction. If the Koch brothers can buy elections, then let me know how President Romney is doing. Oh that's right, he's not president.

He accomplished a lot in Florida to help bro. Geo. get elected. I think America in general has a bad taste in their mouth for the Bush regime.

I'll take it that you don't know what his record in Florida as Governor is. That's ok.

The Koch brothers spent less than liberal groups in the last election, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Other than having a Koch addiction. If the Koch brothers can buy elections, then let me know how President Romney is doing. Oh that's right, he's not president.

The Kochs almost trebled the contributions of the top ten unions in the US. Wait until you what they have planned for 2016!

I sure hope the Koch Bros. have made some money for all their time and investment in Canada. That's money to donate to more Republican political campaigns !

These sources reveal that Koch Industries has touched virtually every aspect of the tar sands industry since the company established a toehold in Canada more than 50 years ago. It has been involved in mining bitumen, the hydrocarbon resin found in the oil sands; in pipeline systems to collect and transport Canadian crude; in exporting the heavy oils to the U.S.; in refining the sulfurous, low-grade feedstock; and in the subsequent distribution and sale of a variety of finished products, from jet fuel to asphalt. The company has also created or collaborated with other companies that have become leading players in the development of Alberta's oil resources.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/10/idUS427145980520120510

Lots of good choices for the Republicans....need to lock up campaign donors early this time around.

So you're saying it is the rich campaign donors who decide who can run, not regular Americans?

Any natural born citizen can run...and many do, but it takes big money to win.

Which means, ultimately, the rich people decide which of the two candidates will face off in the presidential election, and to a great extent, which of those two will win it.

Edited by Argus

Which means, ultimately, the rich people decide which of the two candidates will face off in the presidential election, and to a great extent, which of those two will win it.

No...lots of money comes from the "little people" as well. You can't win in Canada without money either.

American "rich people" money is sure welcomed in Canada for capital investment !

No...lots of money comes from the "little people" as well. You can't win in Canada without money either.

According to Opensecrets fewer Americans are giving, and the average amount is rising, now at $2600

"Little people" do not donate $2600 to a politician.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2015/02/final-tally-2014s-midterm-was-most-expensive-with-fewer-donors/

"Little people" do not donate $2600 to a politician.

Lots of "little people" give smaller amounts that add up to much more than $2600. My state actually allows for a atx deduction for campaign contribution to candidate. President Obama raised nearly $190 million from "little people" in 2012.